3rd Test - New Zealand v India
Basin Reserve, Wellington

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Get ready to play in a garden, India.

we should seriously practice batting in a wet garden to try and overcome the heavy grass problem that new zealand will challenge us with. last time, we had some ridiculous scores like 100 all out, 94 all out, etc.

Ari

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned

we should seriously practice batting in a wet garden to try and overcome the heavy grass problem that new zealand will challenge us with. last time, we had some ridiculous scores like 100 all out, 94 all out, etc.

There were some terrible pitches during that tour it won't be anything like that this time around.

Cant wait for this series though its been a very long time since India toured NZ

KBC

Panel of Selectors
It's been a lot of time since Ind NZ tour has gone by. I would love to see them back. There are many new faces in both the teams, so it will be really interesting to see them fight with their strengths.

T20 would be exciting, no doubt on it. NZ had beaten India in the T20 world cup, and that was the only loss india faced in the WC. The ODI series might be favouring india a little, but you'll never know. The NZ pitches are one of it's kind in the world, so both teams need to have lots of fast bowlers or medium pace bowlers.

karnog

International Cricketer
It will be a good series because the kiwis are fighters. I do hope their middle order is a little more stable- still not convinced with Flynn.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
New zealand team do have the fighting spirit. They trashed australia 3 - 0 (:eek: ;)) in home, don't bother about what happened later, but India need to focus on their Key bowlers and batsmen, Rahul dravid has a key role to play, as ganguly's absence will pay for india. It's not a bad idea to bring some new cricketers into the squad.. They did in australia, they won. But, Conditions are going to be a lot more difficult and different. Everyone would bring the points, from the victory of india in the perth test as the wicket is more like NZ, but well.... Time will tell if india has a chance in the test series..

irottev

School Cricketer

Our pitches are nothing like that any more. Plus you're lucky, it's late in the summer as opposed to early in the summer. Last time it was early in the season I think and we'd had a lot of bad weather.

Wellington is always a good pitch and the last game I saw on Seddon Park it was a belter.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
India has always struggled in NZ. I doubt whether we have won a series in NZ.
Last time was 5 years back,before 2003 World Cup and we lost pretty badly.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don`t think NZ would like to dish out green-tops with Zaheer,Ishant,Sreesanth,RP and Munaf in the opposing squad !
It could backfire big time and they do not have Bond in their side this time.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Last time round,Daryl Tuffey was our nemesis along with ??? Was it Franklin ? Not sure,but Oram did quite well for them Kiwis.

irottev

School Cricketer
I could backfire big time and they do not have Bond in their side this time.

I wish I could "backfire" and say we might, but I just read the ICL and BCCI couldn't kiss and make up and stop being a bunch of spoilt children when they had a meeting, so we'll be without him for sure.

Hopefully by then we've got a decent bowling attack going since we have a lot of tests it'll be good. Franklin may be back in the side by then. At least I hope so.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It will be good if the wickets arent as bad as those ones were in 2003. The wickets should definitely be fast and have good bounce as the Australian pitches do, which will be tough always for India. It will be interesting to see who will replace Ganguly. I wish its Badrinath who is technically more solid than Yuvraj or Rohit Sharma. Badri can succeed in overseas conditions.

I wish Sreesanth is back. I have been missing him a lot. Zaheer and Ishant form a lethal pair. With Sreesanth and Munaf backing up, this is one hell of a good pace attack. RP and Irfan can chip in when needed. Indian pace bowling is at its most healthiest right now.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Badrinath should replace Sourav,Yuvraj is too flashy and can't play for nuts-just too over-hyped.

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Sreesanth would be a monster on this type of pitch. You all saw what he did at Joburg.

Come on India. Zaheer, Ishant, Rp singh, and Sree :D

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Interesting and a great pick there TruSachFan. But, he's busy doing reality dancing shows atm. :D :D

Nay, he's a perfectly fit bowler to bowl in that conditions, but needs loads of defensive tactics and field settings while he's bowling.

Interesting, really interesting after the australia's tour of india. Can't wait for the tour, almost thinking of it is like forseeing a great battle..

Users who are viewing this thread