India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Would be interesting if we go in with 4 fast bowlers and no spinner. :D <- Jokes.

I have a feeling Yuvi might get the nod because he's left-handed and with Dada gone, Gambhir will be the only southpaw. I hope not...

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would be interesting if we go in with 4 fast bowlers and no spinner. :D <- Jokes.

I have a feeling Yuvi might get the nod because he's left-handed and with Dada gone, Gambhir will be the only southpaw. I hope not...

I'd rather try out someone like Shikar Dhawan than this showpony.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sreesanth is doing dance shows because he's not in the team. He has been unfit.

Sreesanth is a good bowler. We need his kind of aggression along with the ones of Zaheer and Ishant. I love to see Zaheer, Ishant and Sreesanth bowl together. All three are very good. Sree rubs off his passion to his other team mates too and charges up the atmosphere.

I would not pick Yuvraj unless he has proved that he can handle spinners better and unless he shows that he has enough patience to survive at test level on tricky pitches. Badri or Rohit Sharma are better options. Yuvraj's fitness has also gone down with his knee injury always recurring.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The Kiwis were vulnerable against Bangla,but again,could be because of the conditions. Definitely,this will be a keenly contested series.
I am betting that India will be lead by M.S.Dhoni in all 3 forms of the game,by then.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Sreesanth is doing dance shows because he's not in the team. He has been unfit.

No the recording of show is already done Sree is at his home watching BG Series on Neo Sports.. the winner is already Declared

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I'm going to enjoy watching this series, I think it could be a good test of India's seam bowling in the most helpful conditions for seam bowlers in the world. There will be swing and seam movement and India should go in to games with one spinner (probably Harbhajan Singh). Two of the pace bowlers should be Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan and the third should be one of Irfan Pathan, RP Singh, Sreesanth or Munaf Patel - the credentials for each are equally good. Pathan performed brilliantly in Australia, RP Singh and Sreesanth are demon wicket takers in swinging conditions and Munaf Patel is an accurate seamer on what promise to be seaming decks tailor made for the accurate seamer.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I would take 5 fast bowlers to New Zealand, and rotate them well amongst each other. This way, Zaheer and Ishant can get some rest in between the matches. In those conditions, Sree, RP, Pathan and Munaf all have the potential of doing as good as our best two (Zak & Ishant) right now.

Sree, Munaf and RP can play a game, followed by Zaheer, Ishant and Sree and then keep rotating. We have such a good pool now that we got to rotate.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Rotating could possibly spoil a players momentum and as it would play with consistency...

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
They probably will you know because you know these selectors, The last series Badrinath played for India was against Sri Lanka, and it wasn't a very succesful one for him...Then again neither was it for Yuvraj. And also Yuvraj hit a century in the game against Astralia when he was playing for Indian oards Presidents XI whereas Badrinath failed in both innings...

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
They probably will you know because you know these selectors, The last series Badrinath played for India was against Sri Lanka, and it wasn't a very succesful one for him...Then again neither was it for Yuvraj. And also Yuvraj hit a century in the game against Astralia when he was playing for Indian oards Presidents XI whereas Badrinath failed in both innings...

Don't take the Lanka series,it was one where all the top guns in the line-up failed to fire. Yuvraj has never performed well against Lanka.

Badri,on the other hand showed that he could stand up and show some resolve.Though,he did not score many runs,the manner in which he stuck to the crease showed that he is ready to play for India at the Test Level.

Also,dont count your chickens before they hatch !

If not Badri,I have a very very very strong feeling about Cheteswar Pujara. Its not everyday that a person slams two back to back triple tons.......

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
I am waiting for Ishant to bowl on New Zealand pitches. It would be joyous to watch.:)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Rotating could possibly spoil a players momentum and as it would play with consistency...

But the load that the fast bowlers take on themselves, occasional rotation is a must. They got to keep their consistency up by practicing hard, and bowling more in the nets. Thats the thing that keeps the best away from the rest. The kind of insane amount of cricket we play, its important

.Mob

International Coach
If the selectors are adament on choosing a leftie, they should just get Nayar in there. :spy
No, but seriously, Badri is the only way to go in place of Dada, it would be pretty nonsensical for anyone else to be chosen.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
India can even send C class side cos they will losse poorly. No Indian side can win on green like outfield pitches.

And then these guys complain if we give them turners. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread