India tour of South Africa

Horrible start from India. There have been 2 overs bowled so far and not a single delivery pitched up. Short and wide! What nonsense. And it looks like its a team strategy as well. There is enough on offer if we bowl full and straight here. These short deliveries have switched Amla on. We've done this before in the past, at GABBA where we had the game under control and gave it away with a mindless spell of short pitched bowling.

Horrible start from India. There have been 2 overs bowled so far and not a single delivery pitched up. Short and wide! What nonsense. And it looks like its a team strategy as well. There is enough on offer if we bowl full and straight here. These short deliveries have switched Amla on. We've done this before in the past, at GABBA where we had the game under control and gave it away with a mindless spell of short pitched bowling.

I said this yesterday that the instructions were to bowl short! I really cant see a SA win at all.

I said this yesterday that the instructions were to bowl short! I really cant see a SA win at all.

Really? Its 50-50 as it stands. The Indian bowling looks listless. Its as if they came out expecting SA to roll over. Been poor so far. If these two play out till lunch, SA will win by 4 wickets today.

Really? Its 50-50 as it stands. The Indian bowling looks listless. Its as if they came out expecting SA to roll over. Been poor so far. If these two play out till lunch, SA will win by 4 wickets today.

Depends when they take the new ball also, know we’re far from it but it can make a difference. Still plenty runs to make.

Thinking aloud if this is part of India’s cunning ways? Maybe they gonna come out all guns blazing after lunch? Was it part of the plan to bowl like this to throw out any lingering thoughts that this pitch is unsafe?

Day 4, session 1, SA at 69/1

3- 0 coming up the Indians bowled much better after the lunch also somehow there hasn't been much up and down from the surface today compared to yesterday. Credits to Amla and Elgar for applying themselves and giving the rest of the batter a solid platform to chase the target.

133 off 55+ overs with 9 wickets in hand? Alright, odds have shifted 60-40 in favor of SA.

Forget a platform, I suspect they might chase down 90% of the score on their own. It might sound ridiculous but it all began with the pointless barrage of short bowling in the first 4 overs today. Tactically really poor considering how Elgar has struggled against the moving full delivery. Also, what exactly is Pandya's role in this team? This defeat will break more Indian hearts than the previous two.

133 off 55+ overs with 9 wickets in hand? Alright, odds have shifted 60-40 in favor of SA.
This is only day 4. So add another 90 overs to those. Brilliant batting by these two batsmen, Indian bowlers look helpless. They have bowled poorly as well and have kept bowling outside off to Amla which has gotten too boring.

Dont know guys but the ball is still doing plenty a barrage of wickets and the match swings back to India. Indians bowl poorly earlier this morning but are more disciplined now so I wouldnt count them out as yet. Superb batting by Amla and Elgar!

India ahead now. Two huge wickets before tea.

Not sure about that. SA have a lot of batting left in the shed. Faf, in particular is superb in such situations, and the likes of Philander and Rabada have consistently performed this series. Still 65-35 in favor of SA.

Not sure about that. SA have a lot of batting left in the shed. Faf, in particular is superb in such situations, and the likes of Philander and Rabada have consistently performed this series. Still 65-35 in favor of SA.

Let's not forget QDK has been out of sorts of late and if India bowl the right lengths (between good and short-of-good length), the tail can be dealt with. Wicket is doing a lot.[DOUBLEPOST=1517060827][/DOUBLEPOST]Wonder how it'll be to play spin on this pitch, with its uneven bounce. The patches would make it tougher too.

Out of curiosity, is there a story behind Bumrah's straight arm bowling action? I've wondered about it a few times as I've never seen anyone else bowl like that, and it seems so unnatural to me not to have your arm bent as you're coming in to deliver it. I wondered for a while if he had a problem with his elbow and had developed that technique to deal with it, but I've seen him with his arms bent normally other times so that can't be right, haha! Does anyone know?

I've been following the series as a neutral anyway, but haven't really thought about posting in here with emotions running high occasionally among those supporting the teams. I've enjoyed it though, even if the pitches haven't been great. The Ashes was the same in that regard really. Anyway, those two wickets before Tea were massive for India, but this partnership is huge now. With the new ball looming, South Africa need to avoid losing many more wickets.

Edit - So much for that! Another two quick wickets, and I'd be really impressed if South Africa could still hold out to win this one now. Elgar's doing superbly though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread