India vs England 2006 First Test

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
India vs England 2006 Test Series

You can register here. Deadline is on 1 March 2006 on 04:00 GMT. (had to play a lot in order to set it precisely at 4.00 GMT)

I didn't make this game yet. Especially since I don't know how to add the new players. I looked up into the guide, but I couldn't find it.

Edit: now they're included. Except for Flintoff, I made the other allrounders batting allrounders or bowling allrounders.

Also I am thinking of updating the scores after each innings (a Test match has four innings). But I want to know when I want to correct the scores, after I filled in the scores for the first innings, will the scores turn blank or will they remain the same? If it turns blank, it will costs too much effort to again fill them. If I can continue with the same scores after each innings, when I've filled them in, I will try do it. The reason why I was thinking about it, is that the second innings feature doesn't work, so in a way, I still have to count the first innings (of both teams) together with the second innings up. It would be then better after the first innings (of each team) to be posted, so I can easily count them up with the second innings (of each team) scores.

But off course there won't be guarantees, so I've got a busy time coming up. When I've got time I'll update. If not, don't get upset.

India Squad for 1st Test

*Rahul Dravid
Virender Sehwag
Wasim Jaffer
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Mohammad Kaif
Suresh Raina
+MS Dhoni
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh
Piyush Chawla (not added)
Irfan Pathan
Sreesanth
Rudra Pratap Singh
Vikram Singh (not added)

England Test Squad

*Michael Vaughan
Ian Bell
Paul Collingwood
Andrew Flintoff
Steve Harmison
Matthew Hoggard
+Geraint Jones
Simon Jones
Kevin Pietersen
Liam Plunkett
Matt Prior
Andrew Strauss
Marcus Trescothick
Shaun Udal
Monty Panesar (not added)
Ian Blackwell

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/ENG_IN_IND/SQUADS/

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator

A bit of an update this series is 3 Test matches long because prizes will be given away for good performances.

The Prize system for this competition is as follows:
1st place - Signed cricket ball and Brian Lara Cricket
2nd place - Brian Lara Cricket
3th place - Brian Lara Cricket
4th place - Cricket Ball

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Also to mention to keep on eye on the injury of players, since the team you posts will last for three Tests long.

England put reserves on stand-by
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4696112.stm

And shall I include Ganguly? If India loses the first Test he could be back in the team and could possibly lead India to a famous victory with a brilliant century and a five-wicket haul. :)

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Put whoever you think could play in the 2nd test cause people maybe able to see some player that will get promoted the next week.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
BLIC 2005?
I hope i get it :p
though i was not that successful in FC before.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
cricket_lover said:
BLIC 2005?
I hope i get it :p
though i was not that successful in FC before.

3 test matches long anything can happen. Just hope you have picked the right players :)

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
i need to pick wisely.... i desperately want BLIC !! the orignal copy is still not available at my plce :( :crying

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Abhas said:
wow thats a nice prize.
its great incentive to play well.
lol

is pieterson playing the 1st test?

I think so but I haven't looked, check cricinfo or wait until game day and you will get a clearer picture.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Hey this is a chance for me to get a "brain lara internationl cricket 2005"
I had buyed one but the 1st disc crashed after playing only 3 times.
So i threw the cd rom away.I really want to play BLIC 2005 but i have wasted so much money on it ,that now i cannot spend more.
So thank you all who have be evolved in making this competition possible.
So thanks again.

FreddieFan

International Coach
Will there be the usual vcash prizes on top of BLCI and the signed ball?

EDIT - Trescothicks flying home. How many people does that effect? I'm alright, after much heart-searching I went for Collingwood instead.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Alastair Cook and James Anderson are being flown in to India.

Here are the injuries. It would be smart to post your team late:

Michael Vaughan (knee), Paul Collingwood (back) and Simon Jones (virus) were ruled out of the current warm-up match against a Board President's XI, while Kevin Pietersen joined the casualty list after retiring hurt with back spasms. Liam Plunkett was also unable to bowl on the second day after picking up a bruised heel.

Trescothick has gone back to England, but could possibly play for the first Test match

England's preparations for the Test series against India was hit a further blow today when it was announced that Marcus Trescothick would be flying home for `personal' reasons.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/story/238704.html

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
According to Teletext Simon Jones, Kevin Pietersen and Paul Collingwood have all improved. Jones came through a rigorous net session well. Bad news for me that Trescothics flying home, he's my second batsman :( I've also risked putting Monty Panesar in my team.

Just out of intrest who is the cricket ball signed by?

FreddieFan

International Coach
Brian Lara, I assume.

Bit of a risk for me, Bell as captain. I have faith in him, he'll be a great player and I think he'll captain England one day. Still, its his performance in India that I'm counting on at the moment.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Against Pakistan Bell was the leading run scorer in Test matches. But I am not sure if I will put him in my team.

Users who are viewing this thread