Indian Premier League - General Discussion

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Manoj Tiwari should be batting above MSD and Stokes.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Was about to say it. Manoj Tiwary is being wasted down the order and with the form he is in, he should bat above Stokes and also Dhoni. Let Dhoni get back down to his finishing duties. Tiwary can give the innings the power in the middle overs and prime it for a big finish for Stokes and Dhoni. Also Smith should open with Dhoni and Rahul Tripathi can play down. Tripathi is hitting big shots and such power is needed down. Let the test batters Rahane and Smith open.

This is a below par total for Pune (160). Cant see them winning with this total here, with MI in hot form, heavy dew factor and in MI home ground.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Great stuff from Washington Sundar. Bowled in the Powerplays and comes out with just 26 runs given off 4 overs and a wicket (of Parthiv who was batting really well).

A few more wickets and Pune can be back in the game. Its still 65-35 in Mumbai's favor.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
17 to win off the last over for Mumbai! Pune are still in it. Heart in the mouth stuff! Who's Smith gonna bowl? Not Unadkat or Thakur. It should be Christian. Pandya or Rohit might feel comfortable facing an Indian bowler, more so the likes of Thakur or Unadkat. Too risky

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Saw it coming. Nonetheless it's done and dusted.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Pune have won 3 in a trot! Building a streak there. They have looked different since those initial games. The entry of the likes of Thakur, Unadkat and Tripathi has energized Pune.

I never thought Unadkat was capable of defending it against Rohit Sharma. But he hanged in there. Stokes was excellent with the ball today. Lucky for Pune that the dew didnt show up much at all.

bonnyDude

School Cricketer
Why that delivery in the last over wasnt called a wide ball anyway? I cant directly contact the man himself who called that. But I need to understand this. Somebody halp!

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Why that delivery in the last over wasnt called a wide ball anyway? I cant directly contact the man himself who called that. But I need to understand this. Somebody halp!
I know the feel and I had the same reaction but logically Rohit stepped out a mile of off stump.[DOUBLEPOST=1493059487][/DOUBLEPOST]The only positive of this game was Rohit hammered a legspinner, finally looks in some touch. A week off now - hope to get back on to winning ways in the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread