Indian Premier League - General Discussion

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I support them for Dhoni. I know their owners have not treated Dhoni well, but Dhoni still plays for them and so my support goes to them.

:thumbs

Good on you!

MS is quitting them at the end of the season and he will lead CSK next year! Rahane might do the same with RR! But, Dhoni is a certainty.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
:thumbs

Good on you!

MS is quitting them at the end of the season and he will lead CSK next year! Rahane might do the same with RR! But, Dhoni is a certainty.

I dont care about Pune. Its first Chennai for me and then Dhoni. Since Chennai is not there this IPL, its been Dhoni. Next year, I am back supporting my home team. :D

It'd be great if MSD can lead CSK next year back again. Rahane should also go back to Rajasthan. I am not sure how they are going to handle the two suspended teams and the "getting back their players". Other teams like MI, RCB, KKR, etc have been able to retain players till this IPL and have built their loyalty. CSK and RR being the oldest teams, should also get that favor and have the possibility of getting back a few of their old players and the buy back option in the auction. If RCB can retain Kohli and MI can retain Rohit, CSK should be able to retain Dhoni.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I dont care about Pune. Its first Chennai for me and then Dhoni. Since Chennai is not there this IPL, its been Dhoni. Next year, I am back supporting my home team. :D

It'd be great if MSD can lead CSK next year back again. Rahane should also go back to Rajasthan. I am not sure how they are going to handle the two suspended teams and the "getting back their players". Other teams like MI, RCB, KKR, etc have been able to retain players till this IPL and have built their loyalty. CSK and RR being the oldest teams, should also get that favor and have the possibility of getting back a few of their old players and the buy back option in the auction. If RCB can retain Kohli and MI can retain Rohit, CSK should be able to retain Dhoni.

Well, the franchise owners are proven corrupt so I have no sympathy but I have that in abundance for the fans of the two cities. Anyway, franchises will not get all these buyback options. It's all about money. MSD will put himself back in the auction pool which is his right and CSK will break the bank to get him. Last shuffle saw 5 retentions permitted with 2 right to retain cards. I'd like to see that drop to 3 to allow franchises a fair chance to even out the playing field and 1 right to retain option.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Well, the franchise owners are proven corrupt so I have no sympathy but I have that in abundance for the fans of the two cities. Anyway, franchises will not get all these buyback options. It's all about money. MSD will put himself back in the auction pool which is his right and CSK will break the bank to get him. Last shuffle saw 5 retentions permitted with 2 right to retain cards. I'd like to see that drop to 3 to allow franchises a fair chance to even out the playing field and 1 right to retain option.

If retentions are permitted (5 or 3 or whatever), CSK and RR have to get the same. And if they get the same (3 retentions and 1 right to retain), then CSK should use the retention on Dhoni, Raina and Jadeja.

If CSK and RR are not given this, then every franchise should throw all their players into auction (i.e. Kohli, Rohit, Gambhir, etc. everyone goes to auction; like how it happened before first IPL). But for the sake of fan base/loyalty and following, they should keep the retention clause and extend it to CSK and RR. It would be painful for the city fans if they lose out on their marquee players. Chennai for example would be shattered if they can't get MSD.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
CSK should have died with that scandal and instead of it a new franchise from Chennai should have been given the chance to shine. Their Owners didn't only took part in betting but was also passing out vital info whereas RR owner got involved only in betting.
Retention should be same as previous years. Max 4 retention with 1 Right to match card or 0 retention and max 3 Right to Match card.
CSK and RR should not be given any Retention as PWI and KTK were not given any special treatment. Not all the Marquee players can be retained by the existing Franchise as they are too many of them.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
If retentions are permitted (5 or 3 or whatever), CSK and RR have to get the same. And if they get the same (3 retentions and 1 right to retain), then CSK should use the retention on Dhoni, Raina and Jadeja.

If CSK and RR are not given this, then every franchise should throw all their players into auction (i.e. Kohli, Rohit, Gambhir, etc. everyone goes to auction; like how it happened before first IPL). But for the sake of fan base/loyalty and following, they should keep the retention clause and extend it to CSK and RR. It would be painful for the city fans if they lose out on their marquee players. Chennai for example would be shattered if they can't get MSD.

This is where you're going wrong. MS and the others are now players that belong to other franchises. It is upto a player whether he wants to be retained or not. I'm certain (also with benefit of inside sources) that MS will quit Pune and you can bet CSK will go all out for him. By giving franchises retainment options, you also subtract their auction purse, while CSK and RR will go in with a full purse.

This is just my opinion, but I see MS at CSK and Watson at RR. Other than that, players will go wherever the money is good! Raina, Jadeja etc. will all be retained by their franchises!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
CSK should have died with that scandal and instead of it a new franchise from Chennai should have been given the chance to shine. Their Owners didn't only took part in betting but was also passing out vital info whereas RR owner got involved only in betting.
Retention should be same as previous years. Max 4 retention with 1 Right to match card or 0 retention and max 3 Right to Match card.
CSK and RR should not be given any Retention as PWI and KTK were not given any special treatment. Not all the Marquee players can be retained by the existing Franchise as they are too many of them.

CSK and RR are not new teams, but suspended teams that are coming back into the fray again. If other teams can retain players, CSK and RR should retain too. Obviously the retention policy works only if the concerned player agrees to it. If Kohli says he wants to go back into the auction, then RCB cant do anything but let him go. Same way, CSK and RR must be given the same retention policies that other teams get. All these players from CSK and RR went to other teams only because CSK and RR were suspended. In all technicalities, these guys have a connection with CSK and RR when the team was suspended.

A complete fresh auction would be a lot more messier. Jacked up prices, more imbalanced teams with franchises breaking the bank on certain marquee players, would all be a big mess.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
There is your answer why they deserve to not get any retention policy.

Absolute BS in my opinion. If "not getting any retention" was part of the punishment, it should have been announced earlier along with the suspension decision. You can't flex your brains and add more punishments as you go. CSK and RR have served their punishment period and once they return, they are still considered a 10 year old IPL team that has been part of the IPL since inception.

CSK and RR either get the same retention that other teams get, or every single player goes into the auction and no teams retain. PERIOD.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
According to what I've read and understood so far through some of the articles, there will surely be a retention window open during December this year. Each team can retain up-to 5 players and 2 right to player cards(is that what it is actually called?). All the 6 teams will retain the players of their choice. And the other returning teams, CSK and RR will also be given a chance to retaun their players.

As it is the mega mix up, obviously most of the marque players of these teams along with all the players from GL and RPSG will go into the auction pool. As both of this teams consist of players from former's team, they will surely get back to their own teams as of IPL 8. And few players who got distributed among other teams will also go into the auction pool. And it is obvious that other teams will retain their best players and leave out others. A good example is Shane Watson in RCB. He will surely be released for his performance alongside Stuart Binny. Both can then be retained by their former team RR. Even if this fail then the trade window will make sure that the players go to their respective teams.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would like to see 3 retention or max 4 for all the teams. Put everyone else in auction and start the new season.

Users who are viewing this thread