India's tour of Pakistan, 2008-09, 3 Tests and 5 ODIs

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
This would have been the fifth bilateral series between India and Pakistan since 2004! That's a series a year. I'm glad it's been canceled, purely from an over-saturation standpoint.

deerkick

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
A big blow to Ind-Pak relationship. Sigh!
I guess good relations between the countries was never meant to be? Although I did not want a series with Pakistan this year, I still wanted this to go through since it would bring cricket back to Pakistan and promote cricket there in general. Depriving Pakistan from cricket in their own land sets back cricket even further. Isn't their goal to globalize cricket? Well so far, not a very good job.

Another point I'd like to bring up is, if Aussies, Saffers, English, Kiwis all refuse to play in Pakistan, India must play in Pakistan to prove to the rest of the world that it indeed is safe. I am a bit dissapointed by this move from BCCI, oh well!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
This would have been the fifth bilateral series between India and Pakistan since 2004! That's a series a year. I'm glad it's been canceled, purely from an over-saturation standpoint.
I don't see too much saturation. The injury prone nature of both teams as well as the fickleness of the selectors means that is usually a quite different team each time.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
What are you talking about?

You don't understand because this has been going on for too long. How much longer should we tolerate intrusion from our neighbors? How many more lives should it cost us? We've had treaties, we've made amends, we've done everything. The last five or so years were relatively peaceful, but once again we see radical Pakistani's kill so many people and injure hundreds - Including my aunt and uncle who live right across the Oberoi hotel.

It's funny that you talk about anti-Pakistan stuff as just last week or so bashing the Indians/BCCI/Indian members was thought of as 'cool' by everyone. Hmm.

Anyways, this isn't the issues forum and i'm glad the tour has been canceled because this is a time of turmoil and isn't an appropriate time to be playing cricket in such harsh circumstances. Tensions between India and Pakistan are high, we don't want anything to happen to our cricketers while they are there.

Highlander999

ICC President
I wasn't even talking about recent events, I was meaning the cricket......

However...

The last five or so years were relatively peaceful, but once again we see radical Pakistani's kill so many people and injure hundreds - Including my aunt and uncle who live right across the Oberoi hotel.

I have been saying this a lot recently. You shouldn't let the minority affect your opinion. By your reasoning, I should have an irrational hatred of Muslims because of 9/11 and the London bombings. I should despise people like Arslaan just because of his background. Complete and utter b/s, I think you need to stop being so naive.

It's funny that you talk about anti-Pakistan stuff as just last week or so bashing the Indians/BCCI/Indian members was thought of as 'cool' by everyone. Hmm.

No, I believe it was because many of them can barely post a sentence :rolleyes:

i'm glad the tour has been canceled because this is a time of turmoil and isn't an appropriate time to be playing cricket in such harsh circumstances. Tensions between India and Pakistan are high, we don't want anything to happen to our cricketers while they are there.

I'd be inclined to agree with you on that. Who knows what a bunch of nutters would do in revenge

Highlander999 added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Get yourself into our seat then commnet

There have been terrorist attacks in Britain as well :rolleyes:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I do not hate Pakistani's. I do not hate KX, Arslaan, or whoever, I am good friends with them. I have Pakistani friends at school, I am no way a 'racist' or whatever you are implying. What I hate is the Pakistani government and how they have let all these terrorist organizations grow in their own backyard. I hate that the government seems to despise India's growth and recognition throughout the world, and every now and then look for ways to cut that down.

About the Indian members thing - 1) English isn't their first language and you have to give them props for at least being able to post that and 2) they're just kids and they will learn. You don't have to read every single post, if you can't read it then just skip it.

Highlander999

ICC President
Ok. Well I'll leave you too your opinion then. I personally think it is quite an extreme one, regarding the Pakistani government and that your post at the top of the page did imply that you hated Pakistan. Anyway, it is your view so I'll leave you be.

I won't even get started on the new member problem ;)

Ste

Executive member
Meanwhile, Lalit Modi, vice-president of the Indian cricket board, expects England to return - if safety assurances were met.

"....we must make sure events like this don't give the opportunity to terrorists around the world to get away with this. We need to carry on."

Very strange!

Ari

International Cricketer
While I think the Indian players will enjoy the rest this is another huge blow to Pakistan cricket. It has been a year without a test match for Pakistan and now with this canceled who knows how long it will be before there next one. I just can't see many teams willing to tour there in the near future. From memory I think they are meant to come to Australia and New Zealand next summer but thats another year away.

Users who are viewing this thread