India's tour of Pakistan, 2008-09, 3 Tests and 5 ODIs

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good, it would have been a very boring tour for sure. I hope Lalit Modi can rescheduled CL here :)

I agree with that too... Hoping for the CL at that time. Would be much more interesting.

I too feel no cricket should be played against Pakistan for quite sometime now. Unless they do something about the growth of terrorists in their nation, we shouldnt play them. All this 'friendship' thing is a waste. The other side should also accept the friendship. But they put their hands and not their hearts forward.

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I too feel no cricket should be played against Pakistan for quite sometime now.

Slightly harsh no? The average person who enjoys cricket in Pakistan shouldn't be pushed for the alleged actions of a few. If it is found the terrorists where "homegrown" Indian Muslims should no cricket be played against India for not doing anything against terrorists in their country.

shubhrayu

International Coach
No need of Cricket relations with Pakistan.Cancel Pak Tour and play CL T20 that time...Well if possible remove the 2011 World Cup hosting rights from Pakistan give one semi final to the Eden Gardens

Last edited by a moderator:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
What i think is that the England team will not be they were till the 5 ODI i mean in respect to their performance they will have a mental thinking of the attacks that's normal.

i read in news that KP spent sleepless nights as the the terrorist attacked and shot dead the foreigners i thank god all players are safe BUT the rest of tour should be called off as the English players are humans they may not be in a position to play even if with full security on they will slightly have a type of fear which is a feeling every normal person has.

it should be called off so the English players rest and get their fears off via resting and other activities

same for the Indians

shubhrayu

International Coach
Yeah please cancel England's Test series.Really even they're humans even they've got their families...

Highlander999

ICC President
Slightly harsh no? The average person who enjoys cricket in Pakistan shouldn't be pushed for the alleged actions of a few. If it is found the terrorists where "homegrown" Indian Muslims should no cricket be played against India for not doing anything against terrorists in their country.

Totally agree with that. I think Pakistan are being harshly done here, by people who are making decisions when emotions are running high.

.Mob

International Coach

It's not that, it's more the fact that there have been far too many matches against Pakistan in a certain period, and they are just becoming very very boring.

Ste

Executive member
It's not that, it's more the fact that there have been far too many matches against Pakistan in a certain period, and they are just becoming very very boring.

Yes fair enough that is right and if they gave that as the reason or in the first place didnt arrange the tour then I or anyone else would have no problem with this situation I'm sure.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Surely, with the current tension between the 2 countries it would make for the best contest in a while?! I thought they were always better when there was some genuine hate in there.

.Mob

International Coach
It's the BCCI, can we really expect any logical decisions whole heartedely?

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
PCB, BCCI chief to discuss India tour

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) supremo Ijaz Butt will meet Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Shashank Manohar in Colombo on Friday to discuss the troubled India-Pakistan series scheduled in Jan-Feb.Both the board chiefs will meet on the sidelines of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) meeting.The relations between the two neighbours have soured after the Mumbai attacks and the tour, which has been under cloud because of security apprehensions for quite some time, is now under serious doubts.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

shubhrayu

International Coach
Play the CL T20 in Jan instead of Pakistan tour.Come on Cricket Australia and CSA are going in deep loss due to it..

Yogy

Club Cricketer
It will be "impossible" for the India cricket team to tour Pakistan next month in the wake of the Mumbai militant attacks, former skipper Sunil Gavaskar said.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has sought government permission for the Jan. 13 to Feb. 19 tour involving three tests, five one-dayers and a Twenty20 international.

It has yet to receive a response but the chances of the tour going ahead are bleak due to strained political ties between the neighbours after last month's attacks that killed at least 179 people.

"I think under the present circumstance, when at the highest political and diplomatic level there has been a fallout because of what has happened, I think cricket would not be an exception," Gavaskar told CNN-IBN channel late on Wednesday.

"Cricket would be affected by all that unless the signals come from the highest political level. I don't see why cricket won't follow the suit and so at the moment it is impossible to go ahead with the tour."

Teams have also refused to tour Pakistan over security concerns following a spate of suicide bombings. The International Cricket Council (ICC) postponed September's Champions Trophy over player safety issues.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Yes after such conditions (Mumbai bombings)its quite difficult,i personally feel that tour might be postponed,or rather it should be cancelled for now.

Users who are viewing this thread