Introductions

welcome Andy, hope you have a great time on the forum. if you ever need any help feel free to ask or pm a mod or a good member. But i am sure you will have a great time here

Hey Andy, nice to see you here from SS. Be amazed in awe of our powerful BT league ;)
Feel free to post in it though, it's not only for members.

AndyNicka said:
Hello,

My names andrew but feel free to call me either andy or not (not fussed whichever)and im from the big V! victoria.
I know a few other members here from various other forums, and am keen to meet many more people here, cheers :)

Welcome Andy, i hope you have a great time on the Forums, and if you need any help the Mods are excellent, but watch out for Stevie ;) He's a ruff 'un :p

welcome In PC hope you will enjoy your time here

AndyNicka said:
Hello,

My names andrew but feel free to call me either andy or not (not fussed whichever)and im from the big V! victoria.
I know a few other members here from various other forums, and am keen to meet many more people here, cheers :)
hey andy

just letting you all know i referred him here :p

Welcome to teh forums mate

brett_lee

ZoraxDoom said:
Hey Andy, nice to see you here from SS. Be amazed in awe of our powerful BT league ;)
Feel free to post in it though, it's not only for members.

Yeah Andy, Our BT League is quite good and powerful, It would be more powerful if Zorax's team didn't bring our rating down. :p

Hello, Greetings, Resume, Background, Personal, Lifestory, Lifeline-Australia

After 30 years of exposure to baseball in North American and 30 years of exposure to cricket in Australia, I watched Shane Warne's announcement of his retirement. I shall say more of it in my next post. But, for now, a little background:

A. EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL POSITIONS HELD: 1944-2006

1999-2006-Writer/Poet: George Town Tasmania
2002-2005-Program Presenter, City Park Radio, Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor and/or President: George Town School for Seniors Inc
1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies and Human Services
West Australian Department of Training
1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies and Co-ordinator of
Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland, WA.
1982-1985 -Adult Educator, Open College of Tafe, Katherine, NT
1981 -Maintenance Scheduler, Renison Bell, Zeehan, Tasmania
1980-Unemployed: Bi-Polar Disability
1979 -Editor, External Studies Unit, Tasmanian CAE
Youth worker, Resource Centre Association, Launceston
Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour, Tasmanian CAE
Radio Journalist ABC, Launceston
1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities, Ballarat CAE, Ballarat
1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies, Whitehorse Technical College,
Box Hill, Victoria
1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies, Tasmanian CAE, Launceston
1972-1973 -High School Teacher, South Australian Education Department
1971 Primary School Teacher, Whyalla SA Australia
1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County
Board of Education, Picton, Ontario, Canada
1969 Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co. Ltd. Toronto Ontario
1967-68 -Community Teacher, Department of Indian Affairs and Northern
Development, Frobisher Bay, NWT, Canada
1959-67 -Summer jobs from grade 10 to end of university
1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in
Canada: McMaster Uni:1963-1966, Windsor T?s College: 1966/7.
1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around
Hamilton Ontario.

B: SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA

I have been married for 37 years. My wife is a Tasmanian, aged 60. We?ve had 3 children: ages in 2006-41, 36 and 29. I am 62, a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written 3 books--all available on the internet. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2004 and voluneeer teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha?i Faith for 47 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 225 lbs, eyes/hair-brown, Caucasian. See my website for more details at: http://www.users.on.net/~ronprice/ and go to any search engine and type: ?Pioneering RonPrice? or ?RonPrice Poetry? for additional writings.

We all connect to celebrities and their lives in our own individual ways. I wrote this piece in the hours after watching Warne's announcement of his retirement.(i.e. about 12:30 pm 21/12/06) This piece of writing is, as I say, an individual perspective and is not written to aim at populist consumption. If you like it...that is a bonus for me....if it does not turn you on---just stop reading.-Ron Price, Tasmania.

PLAYING AND SPINNING

At 1 p.m. on the summer solstice, 21/12/06, one hour before the George Town Bah?? community's Devotional Meeting, Shane Warne announced his retirement from test cricket. It was George Town's 43rd Devotional Meeting and Warne's 15th year in test cricket. Warne was not yet two years of age when I arrived in Australia in July of 1971. To list all his achievements here would lead to prolixity here. This handsome, easy-going, athletic 37 year old formally announced the end of his cricket career this afternoon. I sat in our lounge-room looking out over the Tamar River, enjoying the cloud cover after a week of horrific fires in Tasmania. The media were out in mass to hear Warne's final words and I was on the edge of my seat ready to head to our Devotional Meeting where three people awaited my wife and I and where we spent a stimulating two hours. -Ron Price, Pioneering Over Four Epochs, 21/12/06.

You've had quite a career, Shane,
since you landed in Victoria in '69.
We had just landed on the moon
that winter and I had just started
teaching school in Cherry Valley--
and it was not very sweet, if I recall.

It seems, indeed it is, a lifetime
ago Shane! We stood too close,
to your cricket prowess, for our
generation to really see you, Shane.
We do not comprehend yet. And?
thirty-seven years is such a short life.
We need to get further away from
these years of yours: 1992-2007.
But we are beginning to understand.

I play a different game than you,
Shane, and my script, Shane, is
part of another drama in the world's
history, written as it is on tablets
of chrysolite, endless scenes there
are before my final hour in that
garden paradise, that eternal kingdom,
where I will abide for evermore amidst
glorious meads, far from this mortal cage.

For I , too, will one day retire, Shane.
The media will not be there to ask me
questions and cheer me on in soap-opera
fashion. I will not be on the day's news.
I will go silently like the carcass of a dog
into a hole for those who speak no more.1

I will put away this mortal frame,
these days that are less than a fleeting
moment and wing my flight unto the
Placeless Paradise. Will I play cricket,
Shane? What will I spin and play then?

1 The B?b, Selections, Haifa, 1976, p. 19.

Ron Price
21 December 2006

I thought i might just reintroduce myself since I haven't been on here for months and a there seem to be a lot of new people. I have just completed my degree in civil engineering and am due to graduate in April next year. I spent most of the last few months working on my honours thesis which I finally completed and managed to score a distinction. (I was 1 point short of a high distinction and first class honours :( ).

At the same time I secured employment designing sewer and water mains (so fun) and which I have been doing four days a week while I was completing my thesis.

My next plans are to complete my pilots license with a trial flight already under my belt and my first lesson due to start next week.

I just bought cricket 2007 which has drawn me back here and hopefully I could spend a bit more time here and get some of my arcade records back.

Hi, I'm Andrew and I'm from SS (Marshall Squared)

I came here originally for the Cricket 07 add ons, which are awesome, but it looks like a really good site

Good to have another Stick sports forum member on here, i should be posting more on here though :)

andrew21nz said:
Hi, I'm Andrew and I'm from SS (Marshall Squared)

I came here originally for the Cricket 07 add ons, which are awesome, but it looks like a really good site
Hey, another one from SS.
Look in at awe at our mighty BT League :D

Welcome. There is plenty more to the site than the downloads and if you need a sig then just come to my graphics thread and request one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread