India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi glad to hear from you I am new but the login isn't, I have taken over and personalised my Husbands login.

Also wondering if there were any other women out there as this site does feel very male dominated although not opposed to it the cricket world has always been a cosmopolitan sport and more and more women are taking to it both to play and watch.
As our hon'able retired admin said, I'd like to welcome you to the site! It's true that on the forum very less number of females have registered. Would like to have some more people, mostly females to post here!

Cheers!

PS. @Dakota is one of the most active females whom I've been in touch with.

D

Deleted member 46200

As our hon'able retired admin said, I'd like to welcome you to the site! It's true that on the forum very less number of females have registered. Would like to have some more people, mostly females to post here!

Cheers!

PS. @Dakota is one of the most active females whom I've been in touch with.

That's very sweet of you thanks, I do hope more do join the ranks as Cricket has and is becoming more and more populated by women. This site does have a male dominated feel with the 'no women on a Saturday rule' mentality (I hope the minority). But the tree must be shaken and the dead wood put out to rot.

Best wishes, Cas

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can count on fingers of one hand the amount of women members here over the years. It would be good for site to shake it up a bit. Please get your friends onboard as I cannot see anybody else doing it :(

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi, my name is Scott... I've pretty much let people know my likes and dislikes.

I also feel I may have been a part of this site some 8 or 9 years ago, as my real name has popped up when I've done searches.

D

Deleted member 46200

Hi, my name is Scott... I've pretty much let people know my likes and dislikes.

I also feel I may have been a part of this site some 8 or 9 years ago, as my real name has popped up when I've done searches.
Welcome Scott, what's the attachment to Canada are you originally from there.

D

Deleted member 46200

I can count on fingers of one hand the amount of women members here over the years. It would be good for site to shake it up a bit. Please get your friends onboard as I cannot see anybody else doing it :(
Unfortunately most of my female friends are English and not really into cricket something about being sat outside in the cold and wet? I've learnt this is typical of summer here. I do have a lot of male friends but that's not really getting the predicament solved. I'll keep knocking on the door until it's time to give up; the season here is around the corner so something to look forward to also the next ashes series is on BTTV may have to perfect my phone in sick voice.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Unfortunately most of my female friends are English and not really into cricket something about being sat outside in the cold and wet? I've learnt this is typical of summer here. I do have a lot of male friends but that's not really getting the predicament solved. I'll keep knocking on the door until it's time to give up; the season here is around the corner so something to look forward to also the next ashes series is on BTTV may have to perfect my phone in sick voice.

I don't have any female friends into cricket, in fact none of them like sport full stop! They are more interested in eating out and shopping for some reason, lol

Bit gutted ashes is on BT Sport as have Sky - don't think can convince the wife to pay extra each month for it. Anyways on current form won't be a close contest anyway

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Welcome Scott, what's the attachment to Canada are you originally from there.

No connection other than most of my favourite professional wrestlers have come from there. I'd love to go to Calgary one day though, and attend a Calgary Stampeders (CFL) game though.

D

Deleted member 46200

I don't have any female friends into cricket, in fact none of them like sport full stop! They are more interested in eating out and shopping for some reason, lol

Bit gutted ashes is on BT Sport as have Sky - don't think can convince the wife to pay extra each month for it. Anyways on current form won't be a close contest anyway

I have to admit it is very different over here than in Perth, something I have had to get used to, I have, but sometimes it would be nice to see the sun! I do love shopping and eating out sometimes to fit in with English girl friends (I have found your beer strangely addictive). I have to keep my self busy as my husband goes away to work so that's why I play cricket. Have to say the English female attitude to sport seems to have more desire than men (this is just my observation) but the cricket team is good.

Trying to get up early to watch the series between Australia and Pakistan a team I have a soft spot for; have you ever thought of Virgin they do the BT sport channels I do think BT sport is gaining more ground over sky.

Best wishes, Cas.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I have to admit it is very different over here than in Perth, something I have had to get used to, I have, but sometimes it would be nice to see the sun! I do love shopping and eating out sometimes to fit in with English girl friends (I have found your beer strangely addictive). I have to keep my self busy as my husband goes away to work so that's why I play cricket. Have to say the English female attitude to sport seems to have more desire than men (this is just my observation) but the cricket team is good.

Trying to get up early to watch the series between Australia and Pakistan a team I have a soft spot for; have you ever thought of Virgin they do the BT sport channels I do think BT sport is gaining more ground over sky.

Best wishes, Cas.

Yes, overcast, cold damp conditions is the norm here, it's easy to see why we don't excel at summer sports, lol. The England women's cricket team has been good for a number of years now (needs to to keep up with the Aussies). My fav player was Sarah Taylor, best WK batsman in the world, but she is out of the game ATM for personal reasons. We don't have the superstar names like Perry but I believe interest in women's cricket is on the rise here due to national team and Sky coverage?

I have Virgin for broadband and have looked into their TV coverage but I would still need to pay extra for the Sky Sports channels and they make up 90% of my viewing time. However if you really enjoy football and cricket Sky Sports and BT Sports both needed nowadays. I must also take into consideration the wife factor, who dislikes sport. I will have to agree to watch more soaps as a compromise:)

D

Deleted member 46200

Yes, overcast, cold damp conditions is the norm here, it's easy to see why we don't excel at summer sports, lol. The England women's cricket team has been good for a number of years now (needs to to keep up with the Aussies). My fav player was Sarah Taylor, best WK batsman in the world, but she is out of the game ATM for personal reasons. We don't have the superstar names like Perry but I believe interest in women's cricket is on the rise here due to national team and Sky coverage?

I have Virgin for broadband and have looked into their TV coverage but I would still need to pay extra for the Sky Sports channels and they make up 90% of my viewing time. However if you really enjoy football and cricket Sky Sports and BT Sports both needed nowadays. I must also take into consideration the wife factor, who dislikes sport. I will have to agree to watch more soaps as a compromise:)

I was going to mention, when I left Australia (2007) we/they/them (Crises of identity) thrashed England in the Ashes series now I hate thrashings no entertainment value, I did try to watch the soccer last night but... Anyway, I remember watching the Commonwealth bank series that year the third team being the Kiwis. What struck me about England was the way they came from loosing so badly to beating Australia at the SCG in the final, very plucky. I have made some comments about football (here on this site) which was mean't in banter (sorry) so, which team do you follow I feel I would like to get into it more as my husband is a Luton Town supporter (is this a good thing). It does seem when he is home they loose and when away they win??? A male friend took me to see Arsenal yes again another thrashing against Sheffield United.

Very glad to see the wife gets her time although I don't watch soaps but very much into game of thrones. My husband likes documentaries on rocks and stuff about the earth, he's a geologist so a bit of a bus mans past time. I have meet a lot of men who aren't into sports times are changing as many girls are liking football and, Rugby Union which is very dominant here. I do feel England are moving in the right direction in terms of both men and women but it's that plucky nature I love about the England Cricket team, I don't feel globally one team should dominate as it keeps things interesting.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
How many?

I remember one woman in the forums around a few years ago :P

Welcome, btw!

Users who are viewing this thread