Mar 9 - India vs Netherlands

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Just to add - I personally don't think it's biased. As long as there is a system behind the decision I'm all for it.

And saying the home team have been unlucky is a bit misleading. Only one hosting team has WON (Sri Lanka), but most home teams have made the final stages of the tournament - only Australia in 92, SA in 2003 and Eng in 1999 haven't. Just as often, hosting has made teams play much better than usual. Every other host apart from those 3 has at least made the QFs or super eight stages. Eng made the semis (at least) for their first 3 WCs. India and Pak made the semis in 87, NZ were semifinalists in 92, Ind and SL made the semis in 96 while Pak made the QFs, Kenya and Zimbabwe made the super stage in 2003 and WI made the super eights in 2007.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
That was a decent game of cricket.

I had a great time. The crowd was almost capacity. Both the innings were really boring in patches, but the Sehwag-Sachin onslaught in the first 8 overs made my day! One of the sixes hit by Sehwag came crashing into the stand where I was sitting!

Zaheer bowled brilliantly. Harbhajan didn't take any wickets, but was economical. Sachin and Sehwag turned it on big time, but soon fell trying to score quickly, leaving the crowd disappointed. Yuvraj was rock solid and drove India home.

The only noticeable contributions from the Netherlands camp came from Borren and Seelaar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread