Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

@lastig Can you post a screenshot of the tournament standings?

@lastig Can you post a screenshot of the tournament standings?
I will post the standings tonight. I have been spending every free minute playing. I am almost finished with group 1, round 2. Guyana Amazon Warriors scored 175 all out, Punjab innings tonight. The pitch is dry and soft with heavy cracks and that, with the fact that Punjab have only spinners and very accurate medium pacers, just made life impossible. That is what I love about this game, one game you can score 300 and the next time you might not score 200. # loving it

That is a very good chase...But why so many LBW and bowled??
This seems to be my new favourite ways to get out. I must say some of the bowled dismissals was brilliant deliveries that snuck through the gap. The lbw decision is due to me trying to score of every ball chasing such a big score. There are only certain gaps in the field and if you need to bat quickly you have to manufacture strokes. For instance: I am trying to play very square on the offside if there is a cover and extra cover in position. I do actually still get caught behind a hell off a lot, but I am trying to get settled before I start playing very square on the offside.

This seems to be my new favourite ways to get out. I must say some of the bowled dismissals was brilliant deliveries that snuck through the gap. The lbw decision is due to me trying to score of every ball chasing such a big score. There are only certain gaps in the field and if you need to bat quickly you have to manufacture strokes. For instance: I am trying to play very square on the offside if there is a cover and extra cover in position. I do actually still get caught behind a hell off a lot, but I am trying to get settled before I start playing very square on the offside.
Oh ok....Yeah the score above 300 always in the back of the mind as you need to get the runs at a very steady rate throughout...

Oh ok....Yeah the score above 300 always in the back of the mind as you need to get the runs at a very steady rate throughout...
Correct. It is really tough to bat at 8 or 9 for longer than 20 overs. There is a payoff starting quickly, but if you lose 2 or 3 quickly chasing a big score the game is done before it even started. To be quite honest, my aim when I start an innings is 250 because that is always competitive. Then after 20 overs I will re assess and see how many wickets and how close to that I am. I have only batted through in that one game so the perfect scenario would be to have 6 or 7 wickets in hand come the 40th over. Then you can score 70 - 100 in the last 10 with lofted shots. It is also important for at least one set batsman to be in as you can be more aggressive with a set batsman.

Correct. It is really tough to bat at 8 or 9 for longer than 20 overs. There is a payoff starting quickly, but if you lose 2 or 3 quickly chasing a big score the game is done before it even started. To be quite honest, my aim when I start an innings is 250 because that is always competitive. Then after 20 overs I will re assess and see how many wickets and how close to that I am. I have only batted through in that one game so the perfect scenario would be to have 6 or 7 wickets in hand come the 40th over. Then you can score 70 - 100 in the last 10 with lofted shots. It is also important for at least one set batsman to be in as you can be more aggressive with a set batsman.
Agreed...Only then the chances of getting 9-10 RPO in the last 10 is possible otherwise its series of wickets..

It takes about 1.5 hours to bat for 50 overs. That mean that I am an addict as I am playing 4.5 hours every evening. For the first time in a year I am glad to be single. Luckily the children are staying with me otherwise it was 6 or 7 hours per day.

@SpitfiresKent Wanted to post the logs last night, but for some reason my Internet was down. Will post it tonight if it is back on. Played a match last night and suddenly I get out bowled and lbw the whole time. Must be a timing issue. Is for the first time struggling against medium pacers, especially if they drop it short. I am starting to think that the type of pitch plays a massive role, as I played in Bangladesh and West Indian conditions. I'm now struggling to score 200 in an innings.

Wanted to post the logs last night, but for some reason my Internet was down. Will post it tonight if it is back on. Played a match last night and suddenly I get out bowled and lbw the whole time. Must be a timing issue. Is for the first time struggling against medium pacers, especially if they drop it short. I am starting to think that the type of pitch plays a massive role, as I played in Bangladesh and West Indian conditions. I'm now struggling to score 200 in an innings.

I think the pitch conditions have a massive role in games too. i played sri lanka and made the conditions what it would be like playing there and i absolutely struggled. the ball just didnt come onto the bat and couldnt time it at all

Played a 3 match odi series as Pakistan taking on India on Amateur difficulty and the 3rd game was played on a crumbling wicket with heavy cracks at the Lahore Cricket Stadium. Pak already had won the series 2-0 chasing in the previous 2 games so i decided to bat first this time as the wicket was also a slow wicket and i expected the Indian spinners Mishra and Jadeja to rattle me but I was proved wrong as Sarfraz Ahmed hit 140 and Bilawal Bhatti and Wahab Riaz got into a century partnership for the 9th wicket and Pakistan went on to score 400+ runs and won the match comfortably by 157 runs but not before Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli and Ambati Rayudu ripped the bowlers all round the ground

gkcyr5H.png

3rd and final ODI: Sri Lanka innings.

ZU24wk6.png

Managed to play out the full 50 overs with ease and posted a very good score. Had a great 100+ partnership between Thirimanne & Sangakkara. I lost 6 wickets in the last 10 overs but before that I only lost 2.

That was my first century for a while so pretty happy with my days work :)

This will be a very tough run chase, I doubt i'll be able to pull it off as scoreboard pressure always gets to me.

Sangakkara's wagon wheel:

fOnzlK9.png

So I really have to get out of the habit of just hitting the dashboard in the competition menu screen because my last two tours I started haven't saved. Pretty frustrating considering I bowled two-and-a-half days in a first class tour match in one sitting and then come back after a few weeks break and it's not there in my saves!

Anyway, I'm playing a 10 team test match league of 1990's teams and Australia 'A' included just so there was no byes and I will probably be batting both teams for the most part. First match New Zealand v Australia.

New Zealand 5/99 at lunch
Astle 54 (80)
Jones 32 (60)
1/0, 2/80, 3/88, 4/88, 5/98

Only one partnership so far. New Zealand need a rearguard partnership from Fleming (5) and Parore (0)

@SpitfiresKent . It must have felt great to have only lost 2 wickets in the first 40. This weekend my tournament stood still, but if we do not have loads heading I will continue tonight. I will also try and bat responsibly. It is better to get to 235/245 than to be 180 all out in 35 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread