Most annoying retirement

morgieb

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Often find they dont retire - they just want too much money. They leave their club then want 100,00+ - which no-one can afford. You can watch the bidding rounds go down - and no-one buys them.

Given that they are normally on central contracts this would be unlikely in real life.

And some good players do retire in the 20's. Injury normally - from no-where and that's it. At Worcs we have had many good players leave in the last 20 years in their 20's . (Ellcocks / Spiring / Mirza (RIP) etc) All amongst the top of their respective averages at the club when injury (or worse) hit. Don't forget Ben Hollioake (:( ) and Where did Mark Lathwell go after playing for England. What happened to Nicky Peng from the batter we saw three years ago (I know he still plays - but in 2002 he was awesome) - same for Aftab Habib, Chris Silverwood, Ashley Metcalfe...the list of those who should have made it but didn't is a long one.

It happens - Good players go bad or dissapear (it's realistic)...doesn't make it any better though does it...

Clarker

Let's not forget Ellis, May and Willis. Were guns in the original version.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I just had Paul Collingwood retire from the game in 2007, made it very hard to field a balanced side in the Odi's, when Freddie's injured anyway. I normally go for:

Vaughan (managed 2 hundreds in this calendar year)
Strauss (odi gun on 2006)
Pietersen
Bell
Shah
Flintoff
Prior
Munday
Anderson
Tremlett
Panesar

Works a treat, havent lost an odi series using that team, losing Collingwood was annoying though, meant i had to put Shah in, he's averaging 60 though so its not a massive problem.

lancashire666

International Coach
this is KP in my game on icc06 and hes still playing really well

pietersencareer-1.jpg

scritty

School Cricketer
this is KP in my game on icc06 and hes still playing really well

pietersencareer-1.jpg

Lol - nice stats.

Still over 50 FC hundreds less than Graeme Hick at the same age. In my game he retired after 2008, despite getting 6 FC hundreds in that year, and ending up with 143 in total. (And for Ramps fans, that's 40 more than he got as well - he retired int ha same year)

All of them brilliant servants to the game in real life. (Robert Key - another "Turn baby hundreds into big hundreds" man is still piling them on, and looks like he will get about 70-80 if he plays until he's nearly 40)

Clarker

scritty

School Cricketer
What is his wage I wonder??

It was 88,000 when he retired for me - though it had been higher.
However, that's the thing, become England manager, and keep him centrally contracted (by playing him - unlike other games you can't choose :noway) but when your dom team has a vital game , pull him and get him to play for them instead (and of course you pay nothing).

Paul C

usy

Chairman of Selectors
the way he is playing these days, that sounds very realistic.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
Andy Flower is a complete legend. I tried to get him to Lancashire but he ignored me even though I offered him more cash.

Users who are viewing this thread