Most annoying retirement

Often find they dont retire - they just want too much money. They leave their club then want 100,00+ - which no-one can afford. You can watch the bidding rounds go down - and no-one buys them.

Given that they are normally on central contracts this would be unlikely in real life.

And some good players do retire in the 20's. Injury normally - from no-where and that's it. At Worcs we have had many good players leave in the last 20 years in their 20's . (Ellcocks / Spiring / Mirza (RIP) etc) All amongst the top of their respective averages at the club when injury (or worse) hit. Don't forget Ben Hollioake (:( ) and Where did Mark Lathwell go after playing for England. What happened to Nicky Peng from the batter we saw three years ago (I know he still plays - but in 2002 he was awesome) - same for Aftab Habib, Chris Silverwood, Ashley Metcalfe...the list of those who should have made it but didn't is a long one.

It happens - Good players go bad or dissapear (it's realistic)...doesn't make it any better though does it...

Clarker

Let's not forget Ellis, May and Willis. Were guns in the original version.

I just had Paul Collingwood retire from the game in 2007, made it very hard to field a balanced side in the Odi's, when Freddie's injured anyway. I normally go for:

Vaughan (managed 2 hundreds in this calendar year)
Strauss (odi gun on 2006)
Pietersen
Bell
Shah
Flintoff
Prior
Munday
Anderson
Tremlett
Panesar

Works a treat, havent lost an odi series using that team, losing Collingwood was annoying though, meant i had to put Shah in, he's averaging 60 though so its not a massive problem.

this is KP in my game on icc06 and hes still playing really well

pietersencareer-1.jpg

this is KP in my game on icc06 and hes still playing really well

pietersencareer-1.jpg

Lol - nice stats.

Still over 50 FC hundreds less than Graeme Hick at the same age. In my game he retired after 2008, despite getting 6 FC hundreds in that year, and ending up with 143 in total. (And for Ramps fans, that's 40 more than he got as well - he retired int ha same year)

All of them brilliant servants to the game in real life. (Robert Key - another "Turn baby hundreds into big hundreds" man is still piling them on, and looks like he will get about 70-80 if he plays until he's nearly 40)

Clarker

What is his wage I wonder??

It was 88,000 when he retired for me - though it had been higher.
However, that's the thing, become England manager, and keep him centrally contracted (by playing him - unlike other games you can't choose :noway) but when your dom team has a vital game , pull him and get him to play for them instead (and of course you pay nothing).

Paul C

the way he is playing these days, that sounds very realistic.

Andy Flower is a complete legend. I tried to get him to Lancashire but he ignored me even though I offered him more cash.

Users who are viewing this thread