Mozilla Firefox vs Google Chrome?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Recently, Firefox acted strange for me and started giving me these constant "unresponsive script" messages and other frequent freezes. Switched back to Google Chrome and so good so far. Due to the Chrome cache slow issue, I constantly clear the cache in Chrome to ensure that I keep it running at optimal performance. Its unfortunate that in this day, I have to also think about browser maintenance but I'm willing to do it to use a browser that doesn't frustrate me.

Will probably try out Opera too. Is Safari available for Windows?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Recently, Firefox acted strange for me and started giving me these constant "unresponsive script" messages and other frequent freezes. Switched back to Google Chrome and so good so far. Due to the Chrome cache slow issue, I constantly clear the cache in Chrome to ensure that I keep it running at optimal performance. Its unfortunate that in this day, I have to also think about browser maintenance but I'm willing to do it to use a browser that doesn't frustrate me.

Will probably try out Opera too. Is Safari available for Windows?
You plagiarised my issue.
Cool.. Just kidding
But now firefox is working fine so I switched back.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
They stopped releasing it ages ago - it probably still builds on Windows, but it's no longer supported.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They haven't released Safari for windows for many, many years but I think there still are Webkit browsers for Windows - although I'm not entirely sure whether that is still the case since Google decided to fork Webkit into their own rendering engine a few years ago. I know Opera uses the same rendering engine as Chrome now so you might have issues there as well, although I'm not entirely sure.

I use Safari on Mac for most things and have Chrome for annoying sites that require Flash (thankfully less than in the past since lots of online video is now HTML5), while on my Windows PC I use to play games on Chrome is the only browser I have: I haven't even bothered to stick Firefox on it. Both seem to work and Safari is very fast which is what I like over anything else.

Boring Web Browser news: the only places that IE seems to still be the biggest browser are Japan, South Korea, Liechtenstein, and lots of wee tiny Islands like Bermuda and the Falklands. Germany remains the last bastion of Firefox in Europe, Cuba seems to be the only North American country that hasn't given in to Google quite yet and large parts of Central Africa love Opera (I imagine that's because its an online browser than runs on more devices than anything else including some incredibly old things), while the most popular browser is India is something called "UC Browser" that I haven't heard of; which is apparently popular in Mali as well!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
They haven't released Safari for windows for many, many years but I think there still are Webkit browsers for Windows - although I'm not entirely sure whether that is still the case since Google decided to fork Webkit into their own rendering engine a few years ago. I know Opera uses the same rendering engine as Chrome now so you might have issues there as well, although I'm not entirely sure.

I use Safari on Mac for most things and have Chrome for annoying sites that require Flash (thankfully less than in the past since lots of online video is now HTML5), while on my Windows PC I use to play games on Chrome is the only browser I have: I haven't even bothered to stick Firefox on it. Both seem to work and Safari is very fast which is what I like over anything else.

Boring Web Browser news: the only places that IE seems to still be the biggest browser are Japan, South Korea, Liechtenstein, and lots of wee tiny Islands like Bermuda and the Falklands. Germany remains the last bastion of Firefox in Europe, Cuba seems to be the only North American country that hasn't given in to Google quite yet and large parts of Central Africa love Opera (I imagine that's because its an online browser than runs on more devices than anything else including some incredibly old things), while the most popular browser is India is something called "UC Browser" that I haven't heard of; which is apparently popular in Mali as well!

UC Browser. is good
Dolphin is better
Google Chrome is best

Opera has become shite.Nope just kidding its banned here because it does not have. ARABIC language ......

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Source of the information?
Never heard of UC browser myself for the PC. Maybe it is a combined list of computers and mobiles?

I love safari on the Mac, but im forced to do most of the work on chrome. All my development is based on chrome, and I can't risk breaking something. Haven't used Firefox for years now, that too when I was forced to use it, because a govt website was failing to work in chrome, and they recommended Firefox.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Yeah its all devices: Safari is the biggest one in a few places and I can't imagine that's because they have a strong desktop presence

Safari has a very cool new feature that every browser should have: it shows you when you have a tab playing sounds, and gives you the ability to mute that tab while letting other tabs still play sounds. Dunno now no one else has thought of that before

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
err, if you're using internet explorer to download safari you're doing something very wrong

e: hell, if you're downloading safari you're doing something wrong since its installed by default on OS X

Users who are viewing this thread