My journey with Stowmarket Town from Tier 10

PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is like the rest of the lower league stories not an actual story just monthly progress.
2vai9nl.jpg

Stowmarket Town Factfile

Stowmarket Town
Full name Stowmarket Town Football Club
Nickname(s) Stow, Gold 'N' Blacks
Founded 1883 (as Stowmarket)
Ground The Greens Meadow Stadium, Stowmarket
(Capacity: 1,000)
Chairman Neil Sharp
League Eastern Counties League
Division One
2008–09 Eastern Counties League
Division One, 12th

Squad
14ufac3.jpg

July Fixtures:

(All friendlies)

(H) vs Stowmarket Reserves Wednesday 8th 19:45
(H) vs Aberford Thursday 16th 19:45
(H) vs Harlequins Friday 24th 19:45
(H) vs Ryton Tuesday 28th 19:45

Initial thoughts of team:

I think weve got a solid enough team to get promoted with some strenghting of the squad especially through the centre of the team. We've got some tough friendlies with the toughest of them being Ryton and ill be happy if we get anything from the game. These friendlies will give me a good chance to furthermore assess the team.

Last edited:
Nice. Will follow this one me thinks. I have just started a season with Solihill Town! I have just "discovered" FM10 so I am a complete noob! Have you got any tips? I just don't seem to be able to win, whatever I do!

Dont be afraid to keep changing your tactics, as your a lower league manager keep searching the free transfer market for good quality players and also make sure you get a parent club to loan you players.

Dont be afraid to keep changing your tactics, as your a lower league manager keep searching the free transfer market for good quality players and also make sure you get a parent club to loan you players.

Cool! Will try! Thanks.

Hey, how do you get a parent club. I've tried requesting one (I'm in Tier 9) and the board say there are no good options.

Dutchad, just read my Clevedon story to see how not to manage a lower league club :p

Will give it a read! I am sure it will prove very useful!:p Just had my first win with Solihill Town! Came back from 2-1 down to win 3-2! Not actually sure how I did it but still!

Users who are viewing this thread