New Computer!!

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Hi everyone,

I just bought a new computer today (got it assembled). Here is its configuration:

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Motherboard : ASUS P5NE SLi. (The best i could get due to availability)
65iboardS.jpg

650iboardS.jpg

650iboardL.jpg

RAM : 2 x 1 GB Transcend DDR2 @ 800 Mhz

HDD : 320 GB Seagate Baraccuda SATA

Monitor : 19 Inch Samsung Widescreen... just loved the looks :)
79762_samsungbig2.jpg

like the one in the image, but its widescreen...

Video Card : Geforce 7200 :p thats the cheapest i could buy lol... just needed something to plug my monitor into :p

I would love to have comments and criticisms regarding my newest purchase :)

khan31

International Coach
Sounds like a beast. How much did it cost you? Parts and labour? I am thinking about buying some parts and getting my dads mate to put them together.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
cost me about $1100 (Rs. 43000) for the whole system, including ups, k/b mouse, etc...

Seriously getting good performance from it so far :)

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very nice setup, once you upgrade the graphics card it will excellent.

Out of interest, which OS have you chosen? I'm assuming Vista so as to take advantage of the quad core...

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Great build mate :) Just be sure to overclock that processor to 3ghz. Its a child play really :D.

Also, just plug in 2 8800GT 256mb's in SLI when they are available(shoulndt be moe than 17000_

Last edited:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Great build mate :) Just be sure to overclock that processor to 3ghz. Its a child play really :D.

Also, just plug in 2 8800GT 256mb's in SLI when they are available(shoulndt be moe than 17000_

Nice to hear it is a good config :)
You will have to help me with the overclock settings... I dont know a thing about them :p

Very nice setup, once you upgrade the graphics card it will excellent.

Out of interest, which OS have you chosen? I'm assuming Vista so as to take advantage of the quad core...

Right now i have got only XP installed, but i will Get Vista installed after a few days... i have my exams starting from 10th, till 18th, so probably after that. but surely, i will put Vista in it :)

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
It's a good choice to keep XP, and a very nice computer. Does Vista really have any affect on overall performance?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
more than that... Vista is much more capable than XP in handling multiple cores.
If i would run XP with this computer, i will get the performance only from about 2 cores, but vista will let me utilize the 4 cores efficiently.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Alright. Go into the BIOS, and in the A.I tweaker or whatever ASus calls it, then set the memory multiplier to 2.4(or the FSB strap to 1333, if available), set the CPU FSB to 333, and adjust the CPU vcore to 1.31. Then save and exit and you should have the processor running at 3ghz :)

btw, if the system doesnt boot up again, dont worry, just reset it thrice and it should turn up. If it still doesnt(a 0.01% chance,) then look in the manual about the CMOS jumper :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hi everyone,

I just bought a new computer today (got it assembled). Here is its configuration:

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Motherboard : ASUS P5NE SLi. (The best i could get due to availability)
65iboardS.jpg

650iboardS.jpg

650iboardL.jpg

RAM : 2 x 1 GB Transcend DDR2 @ 800 Mhz

HDD : 320 GB Seagate Baraccuda SATA

Monitor : 19 Inch Samsung Widescreen... just loved the looks :)
79762_samsungbig2.jpg

like the one in the image, but its widescreen...

Video Card : Geforce 7200 :p thats the cheapest i could buy lol... just needed something to plug my monitor into :p

I would love to have comments and criticisms regarding my newest purchase :)

Very nice! I got a Samsung monitor for Christmas as well. Great, aren't they?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/206721/?int=right_nav_tfts

I got that one.

rickyp

International Coach
Beautiful set up, can I ask what you plan to use it for? because imo you should have saved up another $100 for a better gfx card, however if you dont need it good choice.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
well.. its certainly not for gaming.
i intend to use it for image editing, and graphic editing mainly.
I will be using photoshop and coreldraw and would be working with huge files ( sometimes in excess of 300 mb each file). so i needed a good processor and i think 2 gb ram would suffice.

regarding the gfx card.. its not in my mind right now. maybe a bit later, but i need to be assured of some benefits in what i plan to do.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Yeh, it suits your needs. Although in time you'll probably need to upgrade Hard-disk but for what you're doing it's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread