New Update Discussion

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Played the game after patch 2..
They have increased the pace of the game... now it looks and feels realistic...earlier it was too slow...the fielders also react quicker....the keeper thankfully doesnt dive around anymore (though the keeper takes far too long to break the stumps...hopefully this gets looked at)...there are no changes in batting as such....i know the developers are looking into it (i sincerely hope u get all the shots from dbc14 back...the shot selection and shot animations were much better in dbc14)...also there were a lot of easy catches dropped at veteran difficulty...

eagerly waiting for patch 3...keep up the good work...having a really positive feeling

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The batting explanation provided by @Ross does make sense actually. It is easier to hit shots in the direction of/through cover in the nets and training than in matches.[DOUBLEPOST=1482333716][/DOUBLEPOST]@cricket_online "The avoidance of fielders is one of the biggest issues causing what would appear to be minimised shot selection" is the main bit that should be focussed on I think.

Well I don't know what the issue is but i had a field where I had extra cover and nobody at cover and my cover/off drive still went to the extra cover/mid off area. If the fielder avoidance was the sole reason surely the ball should have gone towards empty covers/cover point area? Same with glance/flick to fine leg. I had a field with Square Leg, Mid Wkt and Deep Mid on on the leg side with absolutely nobody behind square. If "fielder avoidance" had been the case my flicks.glances should have raced to fine leg but they still went to Square Leg area.

kasabian21

International Coach
Well you can definitely hit into the covers with the new update! Just hit three of the 'replacement' cover drives, i.e. the down-on-one-knee cut/stab shot into the cover region the first two overs of batting. Decent.

Two left-handers:

DSC_0482.JPG

BraaiTong

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Played the game after patch 2..
They have increased the pace of the game... now it looks and feels realistic...earlier it was too slow...the fielders also react quicker....the keeper thankfully doesnt dive around anymore (though the keeper takes far too long to break the stumps...hopefully this gets looked at)...there are no changes in batting as such....i know the developers are looking into it (i sincerely hope u get all the shots from dbc14 back...the shot selection and shot animations were much better in dbc14)...also there were a lot of easy catches dropped at veteran difficulty...

eagerly waiting for patch 3...keep up the good work...having a really positive feeling

Well you can definitely hit into the covers with the new update! Just hit three of the 'replacement' cover drives, i.e. the down-one-one-knee cut/stab shot into the cover region the first two overs of batting. Decent.

I am not finding any of these changes.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Well you can definitely hit into the covers with the new update! Just hit three of the 'replacement' cover drives, i.e. the down-on-one-knee cut/stab shot into the cover region the first two overs of batting. Decent.

Two left-handers:

View attachment 178510

That's the stab cut shot (where the batsman steps back and pokes the bat out). I'm talking about cover & square drives. If that "step back and poke" cut is supposed to be a replacement for cover & square drives it's a different discussion. Plus still having the same issues accessing the fine leg & fine 3rd man areas.

varunschuey

Club Captain

Two left-handers:

View attachment 178510
Phew! The Younis Khan stab and the awful cut (exposing the stumps) do not qualify as cover drives:facepalm

kasabian21

International Coach
That's the stab cut shot (where the batsman steps back and pokes the bat out). I'm talking about cover & square drives. If that "step back and poke" cut is supposed to be a replacement for cover & square drives it's a different discussion. Plus still having the same issues accessing the fine leg & fine 3rd man areas.

It's a front foot shot, mate, not a back foot one, as I stated in my post, hence the phrase "'replacement' cover drives, i.e. the down-one-one-knee cut/stab shot". Just showing the covers can be hit into, not that a 'cover drive' as we know it is playable. Does anyone actually read what I put?!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
It's a front foot shot, mate, not a back foot one, as I stated in my post, hence the phrase "'replacement' cover drives, i.e. the down-one-one-knee cut/stab shot". Just showing the covers can be hit into, not that a 'cover drive' as we know it is playable. Does anyone actually read what I put?!

I did and I know the shot you are referring to (the front foot cut) where you hold the right stick at 3'0 clock position. That's not a drive - it's a front foot cut the way the animation plays. Is that supposed to be the replacement for cover/square drives?

varunschuey

Club Captain
Cut/Stab is not a Drive. The word 'Cover Drive' means that you actually DRIVE and not cut/stab. This Younis Khan stab and the stump exposing cut was always possible and the stab always goes to cover (nothing new about it).

kasabian21

International Coach
I did and I know the shot you are referring to (the front foot cut) where you hold the right stick at 3'0 clock position. That's not a drive - it's a front foot cut the way the animation plays. Is that supposed to be the replacement for cover/square drives?

I simply used the term 'replacement cover drive' as it hits the ball into the area where a cover drive should go and as there doesn't seem to be a traditional cover drive I am happy to use that term for now, even though it is not technically a drive. Maybe 'front foot cut shot to cover' should be used to avoid confusion and pedantry.

Cut/Stab is not a Drive. The word 'Cover Drive' means that you actually DRIVE and not cut/stab. This Younis Khan stab and the stump exposing cut was always possible and the stab always goes to cover (nothing new about it).

See above.

Again, my argument revolves around the cover region being accessible (and now seemingly more accessible) rather than being specific to the cover drive.

kasabian21

International Coach
@Dannyburke now, now, no need to be so aggressive. This is the shot I am referring to. The shot that can now be hit more easily (since the patch) and goes into the cover region and square.

Remember, my original statement was simply that it was easier to hit into these areas post-patch, NOT that this is a cover drive. Capiche?!

DSC_0483.JPG

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
I mean that looks like a square drive...

Users who are viewing this thread