Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, I think beaten by the occasion and vastly more aggressive opponents. Just when we got ahead in the game, the jugular was grasped and we lost momentum with the bat. I think the decision to bowl first may have been slightly bold but that's the brand we've played for the whole tournament and our batsmen were undone by some pretty impressive bowling and a few uncharacteristic and lazy shots. Kudos to Australia, tough team to beat but still immensely proud of my little nation of 4 million and while I think the romantic victory for us tonight would have been better for world cricket, I'm still exceptionally proud of our performance this tournament.

Well done Australia. Congratulations.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Starc for Player of the Tournament by virtue of being on the winning team? Wouldn't mind joint winners between himself and Boult though

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Unless Boult takes a wicket here, Stac should get it. His efforts to turn that Eden Park match around alone put him slightly ahead of Boult now... I think getting McCullum on the 3rd ball today was a huge moment.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Australia is one of the countries that can win world cups but not the hearts.

New Zealand on the other hand has won hearts but above all respect. Henceforth no one would underestimate them, not even they themselves. Unless they loose heart big time & give it all up.

My heart also goes out to Martin Crow. This must be a bitter-sweet memory for him. Under his condition he would have loved to see NZ lift the cup.

grkrama

National Board President
wow clarke is blazing itm what a way to finish his odi carer,[DOUBLEPOST=1427622918][/DOUBLEPOST]Australia have outclassed all teams at home, the have proved they cant be beaten at their den, NZ just couldn't measure up to this aus team on rampage credit to nz for getting to finals.

issue

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
NewZealand played most of the games in NewZealand grounds in this Worldcup.May be if they had played atleast one match in australia they should have known conditions of australia ground and should have won worldcup.Though but well played to both teams!!!!

grkrama

National Board President
great win smith gets to finish it in style symbolic it is the passing over of reins from clarke to smith..nz were just an opponent in this match but a great tournament for them on the whole this should go to help them have more following and interest for their team hopefully and more crowd in their venue in future matches.

Aus well deserved victors clinical performance

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Never been prouder to be a fan of my cricket team. Ever. Wouldn't trade them for anyone else... Maybe Afghanistan. Maybe. Fantastic leader, bunch of young guys who will have long careers. Not the end of our story, just a chapter.

S

Satan666

Congrats to the Aussies on taking the cup for an unprecedented fifth time.

Well done Clarke on a fine career.

Excellent stuff from the Kiwis throughout the tournament, the highlight being in the final exorcising the ghost of '92 has made all the followers of cricket in general proud.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well done Aussies. Was hoping for this win. What a convincing Victory against Kiwis.
Fantastic farewell to Clarke .

Edit : Finally its over. Moving onto the IPL for not so serious cricket but some Cracking games and lots of entertainment awaiting.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Excellent stuff from the Kiwis throughout the tournament, the highlight being in the final exorcising the ghost of '92 has made all the followers of cricket in general proud

Yeah, super proud of how we've performed all tournament. Leading run scorer, highest score in an ODI and leading wicket-taker. Just saved our worst performance for last, unfortunately. Beautiful effort from Elliott all the same and silenced some nay-sayers in NZ at the same time. Puts us in a good position with some young guys on the way through for the next World Cup. Hopefully, under McCullums leadership.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Retweet and favourite for maximum lol's :p

Users who are viewing this thread