No gameplay patch

papalazarou

Club Captain
Well confirmation from rubbergenius on the codemasters forum. As expected i suppose, the lack of news over the last 5 or 6 weeks spoke volumes. They basically waited to maximise sales from the world cup then leave us high and dry!

"News from the development studio for you:

Due to a lack of development time available to us at present we have reluctantly decided not to proceed with a PC gameplay patch for Brian Lara International Cricket 2007. We're very sorry that we have to make this decision but please be aware this wasn't for the want of trying to get a patch available to you.

In other news, Windows Vista users will have a BLIC07 compatibility patch available for download in the next week." :mad

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WHAT! So Codemasters aren't making PC Patch?! Well "Uninstall" here I come for sure. I'm disappointed Codemasters.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does this really come as a big surprise to anybody?

Ramz

International Coach
thats terrible news for people who wanted a PC patch... surely they could have made it.. thank god i didnt buy this!

markh

School Cricketer
codemasters said:
"In other news, Windows Vista users will have a BLIC07 compatibility patch available for download in the next week."
That 'lack of development time' thing got sorted out pretty quickly, didn't it? Maybe a magical fairy came in and wrote the Vista patch for them. No doubt they'll mumble about testing and certification, but some of these bugs are trivial to fix (silly wicketkeepers, for example). It's not even worth begging CM for modding info since there's just too much wrong with the AI. I'm glad I learned my lesson from BLIC 2005 and waited for the patch before buying 2007.

Ok, moan over :)

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
This was exactly what I expected.
At Least they could have fixed some silly bugs in the game. I bet it wouldnt take them more than a day to fix most of the silly bugs like loss of confidence on leaving.

Huegel

School Cricketer
I really thought they might actually do it. Ha. Guess that shows what you get for being an optimist.

Nice job CM, very disappointed.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This was exactly what I expected.
At Least they could have fixed some silly bugs in the game. I bet it wouldnt take them more than a day to fix most of the silly bugs like loss of confidence on leaving.

Yeah, Same here, playing Tests with this silly thing is dreadful. But I'll still play the game on PS2 with mates.

dullahman

School Cricketer
Fixing all the bugs, would have been like making a new game. Since they would have to strip down and start rebuilding the AI again (Fielding, keeper, choosing to field [once in a while] and bit more accuracy in lbw decisions).

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Fixing all the bugs, would have been like making a new game. Since they would have to strip down and start rebuilding the AI again (Fielding, keeper, choosing to field [once in a while] and bit more accuracy in lbw decisions).

Most of the bugs you mention are minor and could have been fixed easily.

kambui

School Cricketer
Where r our custom patch developers guys we need u all....first and foremost an AI patch.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
AI cannot be edited with the information that planetcricket have as far as file editing goes. Editing player abilities with the player editor is your best bet.

It is good because TAOC now has little to no competition.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
It is good because TAOC now has little to no competition.

I'm still amazed at the amount of people putting their faith in that. Who says it won't turn out to be a massive disappointment too?

Anyway, back to the topic in hand. Hopefully Codemasters will allow to do some AI editing, given they don't seem to be completely against people editing the game (LC's sound patch etc), but I doubt this will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread