Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Well since Patch 2 has been out a while now. I guess we can start submitting ideas for a patch 3. As I know of a few issues I'd like correcting. I'll try and keep the first post updated with the general ideas. To save repetition I'll add ideas with 5+ thanks to the post.

I personally would like more frequent edges with a variation of outcomes when bowling.
AI no balls
Leg byes and byes to be a thing
Console mod support
Hot spot on demand.
Hot spot for true middle shots on replay
Ability to use custom stadium names in tours.
Appearance editing in career mode
Dynamic batting orders in career mode
RGB colour editor in the academy
Subscription to users so you can download their teams as a pack and not one by one

User Batting:
Non-Striker moves out the way when ball is hit towards him.
Straight Drives go along the ground more.
Cut and pull shots less aerial

AI Batting:
Must be able to read situation better and must be able to go for big shots at end of innings.
Must take more 2s and 3s.

Bowling:

User Bowling:
More variety in edges and more edges against AI.
Be able to see your field with RT/R2

AI Bowling:
AI bowl more 'non-professional' deliveries like no-balls, wides, byes over keepers head, leg-spinners bowling more full tosses etc.

Both:
Ball carries better which would mean bouncers would be a bigger threat as you can get height.
More spin and seam to nerf straight drives and more realism.

Fielding:

User Fielding:
Be able to position your keeper (Maybe in field option there can be close, medium and far position for keeper?)

AI Fielding:-Most needed improvement!
Fielders's reaction time slows down.
Fielders don't walk after balls miles away from them.

Fielders movement and abilities are more consistent.
Fielders abilities hinder and have a larger effect on fielding.
Field placing must improve still (Although it has already immensely improved.)

Career mode:
Multiple stadiums (Just a thought, as in my career every team plays in Melbourne Oval despite me renaming teams).
Dynamic line-ups, injuries etc. (Possibly next iteration stuff?)
Add in more tournaments for international circuit (Again, maybe on next iteration.)
Other players stats are recorded from matches not involving your player (So if I am playing for Team 1, when Team 2 and 3 play eachother those stats must be kept and added to the players overall stats in career mode.
Be able to bowl before a match.
Be able to look at field for more then 5 secs.
Sim when you are at the non-strikers end.

Miscellaneous:

Replays:
Hot Spot being used more often in replays and via the interactive replay option.

Team Selecting:
Be able to have a preview of someone's skill when selecting a line-up.

Gameplay:
Match conditions like pitch, weather has a bigger effect on the game.
Batting is nerfed as too many high scores are being produced.
A quick match option cutting out all unneeded visuals like toss, team selection etc. (Add teams to favourite option so you always have teams chosen from favourites.)
View pitch conditions before a match

Stats:
More of them.
Option to choose what stats are shown for different formats when players walk onto the ground to bat/bowl.

Commentary:
More use of players names.

Academy:
Be able to download and get consistant updates from a specific person in academy.
BE ABLE TO MAKE SOMEONE A KEEPER.
RGB Colours for editing

Match Types:
A double wicket cricket mode for the match type designer - would be particularly good online - let you set a penalty for losing a wicket. (Just copied what Matt said.)

Tours/Competitions:
Multiple stadiums.

Requests that will most likely be added in next iteration:

Console modding.
Cheerleaders.

Last edited:

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Patch 3 suggestions/hopes in order of priority

I know we have a post patch 2 bug thread, but I wanted to know other peoples biggest suggestions and hopes for patch 3.

I realise a lot of these suggestions will have been aired already and I know peoples priorities will differ dependant on format. Bigant have also had a lot of feedback already on what needs attention, but this thread might give an indication on peoples wishes in order of priority and could throw up suggestions/thoughts not mentioned yet.

So my big four are. (ps3 btw)

1) Using no triggers on shots are hit way too uppishly since patch 2, a fix for this would be great as I have not enjoyed batting half as much since this occured.

2) I love career mode and I think 20 and 50 over world cups would be great.

3) I know this would probably take probably too much work to make patch 3, but changeable lineups and going up and down the order in career mode would add to the realism a lot.

4) A front foot square drive shot.

There are more small issues that would be good if they could be fixed, but those are my main hopes.

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
I'll break this down into a number of areas:

Physics:
- Player momentum needs a lot of work, they are too quick off the mark and it renders field placement virtually aesthetic, you don't need a first slip, or even a second slip to be honest, the keeper will cover those, just go straight to third slip there
- Player presence might also be nice, but it may be a bit much for this version, watching the keeper pass straight through the batsmen to take a bat pad catch though is frustrating
- Player reactions, players react far too quickly, there is no lag in them reacting, and this (along with the player momentum, all this discussed in another thread) leads to the bowler being able to stop pretty much anything coming at him
- There may be a few too few edges going wider, but this may be disputed
- Pushes to be able to give a bit more oomph should be considered a bit

AI:
- The AI still tends to not give away enough edges in comparison to other types of dismissals. They tend to get out a lot to playing aerially and to being bowled even, but not enough edges (should average out somewhere around 4-5 out of 10 dismissals, seems to be around 1-2 at this time). Keep in mind that this seems to be a problem with the AI batting as they tend to either middle or miss a bit too much still (it was partly fixed in patch 2) and edges off humans are actually alright at this time.
- Obvious issues with fields, already discussed in depth elsewhere
- AI struggles with match situation, tends to not go for the big runs when they are needed
- The AI gives away too many easy runs by simply not running. They are far too cautious now, and will never risk a run out it seems, even when that run could be the difference between winning and losing in the shorter formats. It's nice that they don't give away stacks of run outs now, but there never being an opportunity and them giving up singles from balls down to third man is bizarre.

Control:
- Being able to use the defensive trigger (slightly depressed) to get a straight drive with a bit less follow through and give an option for a more realistic closer to the ground straight drive
- It could be nice to control how far the keeper and slips are away, not vital though

Polish:
- Fix issues with displayed information, the most notable is most if not all catches being listed as "c & b " regardless of who caught them (they are listed properly in the scorecard), as well as reported issues here and there with run rate and after sessions

Notes:
- A lot of the issues with straight drives seem to come down to player momentum and reactions, whilst some seems to be down to lack of options for shots in terms of follow through (no triggers is quite an aggressive shot still)
- The issue of AI edges is a massively complex one, and I understand that this is one that will be hugely difficult to balance. It seems to be a mix of the AI being weak to other dismissals (that is, they are a bit easy to get out still at times) and being too good at not giving up edges in comparisons (they basically either middle or miss still)
- Player momentum and reactions might be some fix, but done properly would do wonders for the realism of the fielding. Watching the keeper right now is funny, but ruins the experience somewhat
- For a future version, but a better link between the physics and the graphics would be nice

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
For me it is

1. Fix the drives so that the balls actually bounce of the pitch like in real life as well as AI which for some reason is able to hit the balls of the pitch for the same drives.This will actually stop the unnecessary catch and drops of the bowler which wastes game time, i don't have probs with bowler stopping it, its only him getting a Catch and drop for most straight shots that's immersion breaking, this whole present scenario of making drives as some sort of high risk shot is not required as the game has so many ways of taking you out effectively, drives needs to feel like real life were they most of the time hit the pitch and go off or much before than in the game, were the ball just seems to fly off the bat parallel/bit uppish to the pitch for the drive.If there is fear that straight drive would be exploited despite the super bowler stopping everything, im sure you guys can tweak the power and timing window to make only the perfect straight drives go well like in real life, also the straighton / off can be bough into play like in real life.

2.Field settings according to match types and situations.

3.More Ai edges as well as edges carrying to slips, also underpower the WK.

4.Seam moment if possible this will also add realistic risk to straight drive than the pseudo levitation spell on the pitch.

5.varying conditions are not noticeable in terms of gameplay, if its present and is subtle , think this can be exaggerated a bit for the game to show difference between the conditions like a grass top and a dust bowl.

6.this is isn't a major one but if the non striker can move out of the way when the ball is hit towards him at-least 70% of time it would be cool, esp with bowler blocking everything.

7.More statistics on the fly, as far as i can see everything is there and registered by the game, just not shown out properly.This will make the game more immersive.

Last edited:

blackcapsfan

Club Captain
-More edges through the slips and gully from first slip to as wide as gully
-More fours from edges through the slips
-tailenders to bat like tailenders, they should not have the skills to bat as good as the openers especially if you have taken the new ball. There should be more happening when the tailenders are at the crease - loose shots, edges through the slips, hit on the body etc
- Short balls that are well directed should be fended if it beats the batsman. You can't get the batsman fending and hopping around with the short ball in this game or beat him for pace with the short ball. I would love to replicate Plunkett vs Jayawardene around the wicket bouncer plan we saw in the Eng vs SRL series recently. It is a valid attacking plan in cricket. More catches to leg slip and short leg would be needed.

-Has anyone seen a green pitch in this game - one that seams around like the Lords pitch?

-This maybe one out of left field but I would love to see sliders for edges, bowled, LBW and AI aggressiveness. I read somewhere here that Ross was contemplating a slider for game speed to address the frontfoot / backfoot issue - something similar for edges/lbw/bowled would be nice. There was a game called Rugby League 2 which was released by Sidhe where you had sliders for knock-ons, kicking ability, offload ability etc. Having something similar for edges, dropped catches, bowled, LBW etc would be nice. Those players not getting enough edges can slide it up. Those getting to many can slide it down.

HM Owais

School Cricketer
1. please update the crowd that can claps or stand when batsman hit the boundry or bowler got wicket...

2. also create stadium option in cricket academy

3. and please also update voice name of players, lots of batsman voice name not included in academy. thanks....

TripleM

Club Captain
These may not be viable for a patch and instead something for future iterations, but since this is a wishlist, these are my 3 biggest wishes:

1) Batting feedback in-game - the timing indication in match practice is a start and could be added to real games. Additionally, since edges are still created with ideal timing, footwork/placement indicators.

2) A reaction time introduced as per other discussions - a late reaction from the player to take a catch, or simply to field the ball at close range (and thus equivalently a late reaction from the AI based on realistic human reaction times) should result in not moving hands towards the ball, thus allowing the ball to go past the fielder unless the path takes it straight into their body.

3) A greater ability to push for 1s and 2s. (As to how that is done, I'm not sure; analog triggers seem hard to use.)

Alberts

International Coach
For me it is

1. Fix the drives so that the balls actually bounce of the pitch like in real life as well as AI which for some reason is able to hit the balls of the pitch for the same drives.This will actually stop the unnecessary catch and drops of the bowler which wastes game time, i don't have probs with bowler stopping it, its only him getting a Catch and drop for most straight shots that's immersion breaking, this whole present scenario of making drives as some sort of high risk shot is not required as the game has so many ways of taking you out effectively, drives needs to feel like real life were they most of the time hit the pitch and go off or much before than in the game, were the ball just seems to fly off the bat parallel/bit uppish to the pitch for the drive.If there is fear that straight drive would be exploited despite the super bowler stopping everything, im sure you guys can tweak the power and timing window to make only the perfect straight drives go well like in real life, also the straighton / off can be bough into play like in real life.

2.Field settings according to match types and situations.

3.Ai edges as well as edges carrying to slips, also underpower the WK.

4.Seam moment if possible this will also add realistic risk to straight drive than the pseudo levitation spell on the pitch.

5.varying conditions are not noticeable in terms of gameplay, if its present and is subtle , think this can be exaggerated a bit for the game to show difference between the conditions like a grass top and a dust bowl.

6.this is isn't a major one but if the non striker can move out of the way when the ball is hit towards him at-least 70% of time it would be cool, esp with bowler blocking everything.

7.More statistics on the fly, as far as i can see everything is there and registered by the game, just not shown out properly.This will make the game more immersive.

1. There needs to be some options there, but a lot of drives are above the ground until about the length of the pitch. They can tone it down, but I'd also suggest some tweaking of use of the defensive trigger to allow for drives with less follow through for that. One of those things that needs polish, we'll see what they come up with, they've been brilliant with this game and I'm sure they'll come up with a great solution.
- I'd add that I think the main issue with the bowler fielding is him being super human in terms of reaction and movement, not how the shots are going.

3. There are plenty that go to first and second slip, and the odd one goes further, the real issue is that the keeper is a de facto First and Second slip, as well as keeper.

4. There's a bit here and there from what I've seen, mostly it comes down to pitch conditions

5. Have you actually played around with them. It's brilliant from what I've seen, and I've spent ages playing around with it to test edges in the game. I particularly like how the cracks work in the game. There's no need to exaggerate the effects, they are already well and truly there.

6. Bingo, might be hard for an update though

I'm also hoping that ideas like the Planet Cricket recommended Best, further modding support and such are well on the way.

I have a suspicion this patch may be some way off with the Xbox 360 issues.

----------

These may not be viable for a patch and instead something for future iterations, but since this is a wishlist, these are my 3 biggest wishes:

1) Batting feedback in-game - the timing indication in match practice is a start and could be added to real games. Additionally, since edges are still created with ideal timing, footwork/placement indicators.

2) A reaction time introduced as per other discussions - a late reaction from the player to take a catch, or simply to field the ball at close range (and thus equivalently a late reaction from the AI based on realistic human reaction times) should result in not moving hands towards the ball, thus allowing the ball to go past the fielder unless the path takes it straight into their body.

3) A greater ability to push for 1s and 2s. (As to how that is done, I'm not sure; analog triggers seem hard to use.)

3. I've been able to get some decent runs from pushes and such, but at times it just isn't enough. The push needs a bit more incentive, and should probably been given a bit of a buff, not too much, but enough to make sure it's viable.

harsh35desai

Club Cricketer
I don't think it will be possible to update....but still ability to modify the power of shots is the only missing thing in this amazing game..,.include tht and the game will be perfect...i think they didn't include so tht they have something to add for dbc15..,,:p placing the ball with different amount of power is integral part of the game..and shld be added

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

5. Have you actually played around with them. It's brilliant from what I've seen, and I've spent ages playing around with it to test edges in the game. I particularly like how the cracks work in the game. There's no need to exaggerate the effects, they are already well and truly there.

This must be subjective or perhaps I am blind but I cannot see any noticeable differences in pitch conditions. I have discussed this before but other than hard and soft pitches the other pitch conditions cannot be easily differentiated (for me at least). Slight exaggeration never hurt any other cricket game so for me grkrama's suggestion is the route I would personally like BA to go down

Moosc

Club Captain
What I'd like to see:-

(1) tailenders batting like tailenders. Have taken stats that show the last 4 batsmen average around 72 runs per inning. Too many no10 and 11 make 50's far too often.

(2) Team scores Teams in career mode tend to make scores that can vary too much and are far to high for a four day contest. For example in a recent shield match Victoria made 400+, SA over 500 and Victoria batted again and it was just the 2nd session of day 3. How does that work?

(3) Pitch effect Shouldn't the state of the pitch play some part in the state of the game as the match progresses? It should be harder to score runs as the pitch degrades over the game (In the long version). Therebye making chasing scores over 350 very difficult unlike the present game.

(4) More realistic batting scores. Too many centuries scored during games and scored in isolation when compared to what the other batsman in the side were capable of doing There are not that many games where 3 players scored centuries.

(5) Weather effect Have yet to loose any time during games due to weather or have matches drawn as days are washed out.

There are others but they have been covered by other posts.

NeilL W

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think we need to be realistic, and ask for things that can be patched. Some of the requests are sort of asking for systems to be rebuilt which is more likely to come in a later iteration.

For me, the priority, and what should be patchable, would be

1) The AI for field placing is not fit for purpose. Come up with a few restricted fields they can set in given situations according to match type, time in the game, batters score, team score, team objective etc. and remove any logic that is trying to work out where we hit the ball and put fielders there. I'm sorry but it doesn't work and is the worst thing in the game. Taking out a slip and putting in a silly mid-off because I played a forward defensive is unacceptable. Remove the system for now, restrict the fields the AI can choose from and hope to get it right in the next iteration.

2) Increase the frequency of AI edges, and the add variability of the edges. I'm hoping this is patchable in the sense of tweaking variables, not remaking the system.

3) Increase the effects of conditions. Cracks seem to have an effect, but nothing else really. Playing on an uneven green top doesn't feel any different to a hard pitch.

4) Improve the carry from pace bowlers on most pitches. (If it should be slow and low, ok)

5) decrease the wicketkeeper's zone of influence by about 40% to stop them taking catches going to first or even second slip.

6) look at the zone of influence for all fielders. They cover too much ground, too quickly, and the amount of ground they have to cover has no effect on their lieklihood of making a catch. For every 10m they have to cover, they should be losing 10% probability of making a catch/stopping the ball.

7) resolve the issue of spin bowling, where leg-breaks often turn like off-breaks

8) if i cancel a run, the player should ground his bat. There is no such thing as being too close to ground the bat, in fact the closer the player is the more likely he is to ONLY ground his bat, not run.

Fix those, and you've got a perfect game.

----------

Bizarrely, yesterday I hit a pull shot over square leg, and the Umpire ducked. A few balls later i hit a gorgeous straight drive and it hit the non-striker who made no attempt to move.

Users who are viewing this thread