PC Config

R

rahul_sharma_1980

Hello everyone .. I had bought the game when it was launched but I havent been able to play it ... my motherboard is intel ... I am going to go for an upgrade and I need suggestions regarding the configuration.... I am thinking of going for the AMD Athlon 2800 with ASUS motherboard, G-Force (I have just heard about it, dont really know what it means). So I need suggestions regarding the CPU (Athlon 2800, Athlon 64 or P IV .. the one with 1 MB cache), also which motherboard would be most suitable for gaming and about the AGP card also. I need to play cricket and the configuration should also be compatible for other games. My budget is around Rs. 25000.

Kindly post your valuable suggestions at the earliest.

Thanks
Rahul Sharma

E

electioneering

First of all it is Ge-Force and not G-Force.

a:>Motherboard:::
I think before buying a motherboard,the major factors are:
1:>Price-->If this is the factor,go for a low-end ASUS mainboard which is quite good enough for gaming(i own one)
2:>Make-->If price is not ur factor,go for a high end Gigabyte or ASUS motherboard.

b:>Processor:::
1:>Athlon 64 bit:::Strictly no no
2:>Athlon 2800:::Good bet if u plan to use it in a cool environment(ppl complaint of m/b getting burnt off).but then it is quite cheaper than Pentium 4.
3:>Pentium 4 3Ghz(or whatever) ::: I would recommend that strongly.It is a bit expensive than the Athlon counter-part.

c:>Graphics Card::::
1:>Ge-Force:::
i>Low-end ::: Ge-Force 4 MX 440(64 MB)-->will run most of the recent games.
ii>High-end ::: Any card from Ge-Force FX series.Excellent performance.
2:>ATI::::
i>Low-end ::: ATI Radeon 9200 series(128 MB)-->Excellent price/performance ratio.
ii>High-end ::: ATI Radeon 9500 or better--> Excellent performance

d:>Total Cost(Approx cost)
Option 1 :>> Pentium 2.8 Ghz + Low-end ASUS + Ge-Force FX card = 8000+4000+6000=18000
Option 2 :>> Pentium 3.0 Ghz +High end ASUS or Gigabyte + ATI Radeon (High end)=10000+7000+8000=25000
Others:>
ATI Radeon 9200 low-end: Rs. 4000
Ge-Force 4 MX 440 :: Rs. 2800
Athlon XP 2800 :: Rs. 5000

These rates are highly approx.Rates as in mumbai market.

R

rahul_sharma_1980

Hi ... Thanks for replying .. There is one thing that you didnt explain .... Why not the AMD 64 ?? I was seriously thinkint about it ? Is it not good for gaming ?

Rahul Sharma

P.S. And I'll remember that its GE-FORCE

Users who are viewing this thread