Post your questions about the game here!

glenny134

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd like to be able to control my player as I walk out onto the pitch, because every time I would do a lap of the ground to a standing ovation... everytime I walked out to bat... Lap of the field... Especially in online games... take a good solid 5mins to walk around the oval so everyone could enjoy the experience... High five the fans in the crowd, taunt the keeper for a few minutes... maybe take a wander to the toilet before I padded up...

Great suggestion.

haha that'd be a laugh, but if you're not out on the pitch within a time limit(a minute 30 secs I think) your dismissed

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Odds are I'm going first-ball anyways, so I'll run that 'timed out' gauntlet...

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'd like to be able to control my player as I walk out onto the pitch, because every time I would do a lap of the ground to a standing ovation... everytime I walked out to bat... Lap of the field... Especially in online games... take a good solid 5mins to walk around the oval so everyone could enjoy the experience... High five the fans in the crowd, taunt the keeper for a few minutes... maybe take a wander to the toilet before I padded up...

Great suggestion.

'the connection to your opponent has been lost'

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Hahahahahahahahaha... Notch up another "no result" for the ol' biggsy...

issue

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Does still narendrakkc Exists??:D

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That AC-Taunt feature was such a clever little detail added into the game that had ACTUAL gameplay pay-off as well. In ACII Ezio would usually say something along that as well, changed depended on what area he was in (Florence, etc). It's a feature they removed from ACIII which was another issue I had with that game - those little cute winks of the eye that made the previous titles fun was ditched in favor of freeing up a button on the contoller to button mash and speed up the fight-animations... which isn't how "real" sword-combat works anyway... but I digress...

...although, there was a button to press that allowed you to pat dogs and feed animals in ACIII, so I won't be too harsh.

The ability for a bowler (or batsman) to taunt an opponent would be neat, but actually having real AI-Based payoff to that (either that bowler delivering a shot-pitched delivery, or the batsman playing a loose shot) would give that type of function a reason and a payoff. Otherwise, leave it out...

There has always got to be a payoff, not going to say what that is however as an example in Rugby League Live II, if you taunt as you run into score and get tackled you will lose the ball forward. You don't get to taunt (sledge) without risk, just like in real life, you fire people up then you better back it up! ;)

Ross; would you be able to walk your player(s) from pavilion to the pitch?

That is not implemented. Despite posts to the contrary it's not that bad an idea though, not total control of the player but the ability to practice strokes as the player walks to the middle.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
^This guy gets it

Despite posts to the contrary it's not that bad an idea though, not total control of the player but the ability to practice strokes as the player walks to the middle.

...flirt with the cheerleaders, drop a bit of bread for the pigeons...

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I wonder can you pad the bowl away against a spinner like in real life.

love the idea of taunts in a cricket game and practice shots as we walk out to the crease. p.s Is there anything you wanted to put in this game that you just could not do ross ? :)

D

Dutch

That is not implemented. Despite posts to the contrary it's not that bad an idea though, not total control of the player but the ability to practice strokes as the player walks to the middle.

Exactly....some of KP's best strokes are done on that walk to the middle.....not to mention the entire Aussie batting line-up.....

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I wonder can you pad the bowl away against a spinner like in real life.

love the idea of taunts in a cricket game and practice shots as we walk out to the crease. p.s Is there anything you wanted to put in this game that you just could not do ross ? :)

I need to be clear that you do not control practice shots on the way to the crease.

There are so many things we just didn't have the time for - that's why we have sequels :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
So in Cricket 18 - taunts while you walk out to the crease.

If I have my way they'll be way in before that... I imagine walking in, pointing at a bowler, then pointing to the area of the members with my bat where I'm going to smack him.

I should say that I always see this stuff as friends going at it, I wouldn't do it to strangers, that's just rude, unless they deserve it of course!

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
If I have my way they'll be way in before that... I imagine walking in, pointing at a bowler, then pointing to the area of the members with my bat where I'm going to smack him.!

At this rate I'm not sure what's going to be harder to learn. The controls for the gameplay, or the controls for the taunting! ;)

hparsons5

School Cricketer
It would be pretty cool to control your own celebrations though! Imagine taking the series winning wicket and running off towards the crowd, out through the gates and straight to the local pub! :p:lol

Users who are viewing this thread