Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Stayed at Torino for a season and a half where I scored 5 goals and made 2 assists in 52 games then moved to Fiorentina who are 4th and in all cups going in to the 30 somethingth week. Made the perfect debut scoring and making an assist. Scored 3 goals for them so far I think.

I would create a story if I could be arsed but it would contain such a lack of graphics it's hardly worth it. Do have replays though.

Youtube pes skills. Turn the bass up to give a nice thumping sound when the ball is kicked.

And yeah, 4 player be a legend is cool.

I would've thought less bass, based on the demo; maybe it's different in the full game? Less bass for the 'power shot/hoofing it across the pitch sound' and more for the passing sound. I don't know why, but for some reason, Konami just cannot get the sound of the ball being kicked right! Can't be that hard, guys...

Anyway, I'll probably get the game soon. How is it online, compared to PES 2008 (which a lot of people seemed to be complaining about)? And is the training mode from PES 2008 still in there?

Also, can you now get hired/fired in the Master League? That would make it a lot more appealing to me, but I'll probably get the game for BAL alone, especially four player online. Left4Dead football style...

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Stayed at Torino for a season and a half where I scored 5 goals and made 2 assists in 52 games then moved to Fiorentina who are 4th and in all cups going in to the 30 somethingth week. Made the perfect debut scoring and making an assist. Scored 3 goals for them so far I think.

I would create a story if I could be arsed but it would contain such a lack of graphics it's hardly worth it. Do have replays though.

Can you choose how to celebrate when you score in BAL? That'd be a good feature, you could 'shush' the crowd, or go do the dance in the corner thing, or give the corner flag the old one-two as some players do now!

I would've thought less bass, based on the demo; maybe it's different in the full game? Less bass for the 'power shot/hoofing it across the pitch sound' and more for the passing sound. I don't know why, but for some reason, Konami just cannot get the sound of the ball being kicked right! Can't be that hard, guys...

Anyway, I'll probably get the game soon. How is it online, compared to PES 2008 (which a lot of people seemed to be complaining about)? And is the training mode from PES 2008 still in there?

Also, can you now get hired/fired in the Master League? That would make it a lot more appealing to me, but I'll probably get the game for BAL alone, especially four player online. Left4Dead football style...

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Can you choose how to celebrate when you score in BAL? That'd be a good feature, you could 'shush' the crowd, or go do the dance in the corner thing, or give the corner flag the old one-two as some players do now!

Well, i like the bass sound. Its not perfect, but with my setup i enjoy the thud of when lamps blasts one in from 30 yards.

Online is good, but there are lag problems at times. Sadly Konami have not got this sorted yet. However, i can still host a 2v2 game on a 2mb net connection and can play to a decent standard. However at best you will get minor lag. It is still playable though, but Konami still have work to do. If you have a faster net connection, and primarily a faster upload speed then it should be better.

With regards to be a legend, yes, you can select your celebrations. And there is about 60 different one to choose from. Very impressive, and Konami really put Fifa's Be a Pro to shame this year.

Whats best about BAL tho, is the player photo importing, and how it looks in game. I posted my player, complete with my photo somewhere in this forum, and i was delighted with its accuracy in game.

Well, i like the bass sound. Its not perfect, but with my setup i enjoy the thud of when lamps blasts one in from 30 yards.

Online is good, but there are lag problems at times. Sadly Konami have not got this sorted yet. However, i can still host a 2v2 game on a 2mb net connection and can play to a decent standard. However at best you will get minor lag. It is still playable though, but Konami still have work to do. If you have a faster net connection, and primarily a faster upload speed then it should be better.

With regards to be a legend, yes, you can select your celebrations. And there is about 60 different one to choose from. Very impressive, and Konami really put Fifa's Be a Pro to shame this year.

Whats best about BAL tho, is the player photo importing, and how it looks in game. I posted my player, complete with my photo somewhere in this forum, and i was delighted with its accuracy in game.

Really? Wow, that makes the game sound even more appealing. About the celebrations, can you choose which one to use on the fly, like in Fifa's Be A Pro? I could use one of my acting headshots I had done today for the photo import, that'd be amusing (God, I look like a right dodgy git in some of them, but that's good: a different side to me!)

Having read all this about BAL primarily, it sounds as though it would almost make up for the lack of licences/leagues etc, because you start all the way back in the reserves, don't you? And because you're a player in your own right, I'm more likely to want to play with teams from other countries, usually I don't. Stuff 'probably getting it', I'm definitely getting this game!

As far as lag goes, I get almost none in TF2 and Left4Dead, and Fifa 09 is ok as well.

Last edited:
Really? Wow, that makes the game sound even more appealing. About the celebrations, can you choose which one to use on the fly, like in Fifa's Be A Pro? I could use one of my acting headshots I had done today for the photo import, that'd be amusing (God, I look like a right dodgy git in some of them, but that's good: a different side to me!)

Having read all this about BAL primarily, it sounds as though it would almost make up for the lack of licences/leagues etc, because you start all the way back in the reserves, don't you? And because you're a player in your own right, I'm more likely to want to play with teams from other countries, usually I don't. Stuff 'probably getting it', I'm definitely getting this game!

As far as lag goes, I get almost none in TF2 and Left4Dead, and Fifa 09 is ok as well.

You get to pick from two different main celebrations, although you sometimes use random ones.

You start in the reserves, and must earn your way to the bench by receiving
good match ratings constantly, 6.5 or above. During transfer windows, you may move to other clubs in your current league, or abroad. If you play well, you may also get to play for your national side in friendly, world cup or European championship games.

You get to pick from two different main celebrations, although you sometimes use random ones.

You start in the reserves, and must earn your way to the bench by receiving
good match ratings constantly, 6.5 or above. During transfer windows, you may move to other clubs in your current league, or abroad. If you play well, you may also get to play for your national side in friendly, world cup or European championship games.

Fan-bloody-tastic! You can even get all the way to International level and play in the World Cup! Well, that just seals the deal. I've ordered it, ?17.99 from gameplay.

Do you know if they've released Stadium Server for this one yet (the tool that lets you assign unique stadiums to as many teams as you like)?

One thing about 4 player BAL online: if you use the player you've created with your real name, then that's spread all over the internet, isn't it? I don't want my real name on public view and I especially want to avoid that with my nephew, so can you change the name whenever you want, or make one character for offline and one for online play?

Yeah you can use a custom name.

Stop the press, now i have a 10mb net connection with a 500k upload speed i can now host 2v2 games on pes 09 with no lag. :happy

Yeah you can use a custom name.

Stop the press, now i have a 10mb net connection with a 500k upload speed i can now host 2v2 games on pes 09 with no lag. :happy

Lovely Jubbly! And I've now gone to BT Option 3, so bye, bye hateful, accursed, vile, villainous, knavish monthly limit! (OK, went a bit Shakespeare there, am probably spending too much time learning my new speeches!!)

What's your online name, Gas? I haven't picked mine yet, but I'll see you out there for a game!

Lovely Jubbly! And I've now gone to BT Option 3, so bye, bye hateful, accursed, vile, villainous, knavish monthly limit! (OK, went a bit Shakespeare there, am probably spending too much time learning my new speeches!!)

What's your online name, Gas? I haven't picked mine yet, but I'll see you out there for a game!

Surprisingly..... the_gas.

Add me to your friend list, we can team up and play some 2v2's against some french sunts.

Well, it's arrived and I have to say that BaL looks like the best football game mode ever, it's so ridiculously deep that it does make up for PES' lack of licences in my view. One thing, what camera do you use? I find 'Vertical Wide' a bit too zoomed out for my taste, but 'player' (while making you feel that you're actually out there on the pitch) makes it a bit tricky to see what's happening around you. Is there any way to alter the zoom of these two to achieve a balance?

Just ordered this for a bargain off game. ?18. Should arrive by wednesday at the lastest

Well, it's arrived and I have to say that BaL looks like the best football game mode ever, it's so ridiculously deep that it does make up for PES' lack of licences in my view. One thing, what camera do you use? I find 'Vertical Wide' a bit too zoomed out for my taste, but 'player' (while making you feel that you're actually out there on the pitch) makes it a bit tricky to see what's happening around you. Is there any way to alter the zoom of these two to achieve a balance?

No, for BAL i enjoyed using vertical camera, is great for scoring long shots. But the camera angle changes near the side lines, making the direction values alter, might gay, they ruined an excellent angle. Same with player cam.

I produced best results using the wide camera.

No, for BAL i enjoyed using vertical camera, is great for scoring long shots. But the camera angle changes near the side lines, making the direction values alter, might gay, they ruined an excellent angle. Same with player cam.

I produced best results using the wide camera.

When the game saves data, it often locks up, which can be solved by alt-tabbing out a few times. Does anyone else get that?

No, have you downloaded all the patches up to and including 1,3?

Users who are viewing this thread