PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

MorttonOrc

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The console version keeps quitting at random? Not sure we've heard about that one before. Hopefully @fiction will see this.
Yeah thats whats happening to me. ive turned all the graphics all to low and it still does it. it happens very game for me

AshleyWilliam

Banned
It is good looking but I'd urge you to give close cam from behind and/or pro cam a proper try (don't know how long you've tried it for already). The game was really designed to be played from the batsman's POV and they just feel much more immersive for me. :)

I've definitely done my time with pro and close batsman cam, but now I well and truly prefer broadcast cam:

- I bowl in broadcast cam third person, so batting in broadcast keeps it in the same context, rather than feeling like two different games in one.
- I prefer a tv styled presentation over 1st person as it relates to how I view real cricket everyday on tv.
- I find it easier to play all around the wicket, especially behind square on the offside. First person I find it hard to judge deliveries that can be played behind square.
- Shots look more attractive. In pro cam I'm frequently having to replay things actually see what shot I executed. A square cut in broadcast cam is the tits.
- I find the transition from batting camera to running camera much more smoother and natural in broadcast cam. I use broadcast cam for running too.

Pro cam has way too many limitations - blindspots, seizure inducing head movements, you don't know what shot you played, cant readily tell if you're a left hander or right hander without checking where the square leg ump is, horrible transition to the running camera. Doesn't do it for me tbh.

lastig

Club Captain
I last night for the first time had the freeze after the teams and weather screen. The first commentator said his piece, but when it went to the wide screen of the field while waiting for David Basher the game just froze. It is the first time this has happened. I am playing on ps3.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've definitely done my time with pro and close batsman cam, but now I well and truly prefer broadcast cam:

- I bowl in broadcast cam third person, so batting in broadcast keeps it in the same context, rather than feeling like two different games in one.
- I prefer a tv styled presentation over 1st person as it relates to how I view real cricket everyday on tv.
- I find it easier to play all around the wicket, especially behind square on the offside. First person I find it hard to judge deliveries that can be played behind square.
- Shots look more attractive. In pro cam I'm frequently having to replay things actually see what shot I executed. A square cut in broadcast cam is the tits.
- I find the transition from batting camera to running camera much more smoother and natural in broadcast cam. I use broadcast cam for running too.

Pro cam has way too many limitations - blindspots, seizure inducing head movements, you don't know what shot you played, cant readily tell if you're a left hander or right hander without checking where the square leg ump is, horrible transition to the running camera. Doesn't do it for me tbh.

I agree with you on pro cam; I can't use it (although others swear by it). I love the close cam though. :)

graham

Club Captain
Just got update for PS3 ,I missed what it said about patch effect on my saved games ?
Anyone help thx
Graham

phani001

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Mode: Online
Format: Five5
Issue: During a BARS reply, even though the replay shows that bowler landed his foot much above the bowling crease, its not taken into consideration and the batsmen will be given out. Isn't this a blunder? @fiction @BigAntStudios

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
BARS Reviews are notorious for keeping with the originial decision made , irrespective of the bowler overstepping , hot Spot showing edge , ball pitching outside , or ball hitting the wicket .

Why I dont know , but it has been happening since day 1 , but has luckily been reduced somewhat.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I only see glowing reports of Patch 2.5 for the Console Versions .

I however have issues with it , relating to the Online portion (Offline it seems to be all Positive from what I`ve heard)

1. Batting Timing window has been adjusted , to the point where 4`s is now a rarity . This is not appreciated , and some comments as to the exact changes to the timing window would be appreciated to get us online guys hitting the 4`s again.
2. Bowling has been made slightly more difficult , this is a good development , together with the reduction in the slowest ball speed for the different bowlers.
3. Outfield slowing ball up even further . Why is this needed ? Coupled with the batting timing window adjustment , it makes T20`s much less exciting. Seems like the game was made more suited to the longer formats , with the defensive shot boost as well .
4. Ive now suddenly become the victim of 4 x instance`s of the ball being hit , me running a single , and whilst returning for the second run , "Bad Luck Mate, Played on " gets displayed ,and I`m Out . On replays I see the ball being hit , and then after a few meters of travelling , it gets reversed in flight and sucked into the wickets. This has never happened to me prior to this update.
5. Ball gets hit between Mid On and Non Striker , heading to the outfield . I set of for a single . Next thing ball is shown next to where my Non Striker was standing before he set of (Meaning I hit it into the Stupid Bugger again) , and I get run out. But without seeing it happen , its difficult to correctly judge the running .

I have high Hopes that in Patch 3 , ONLINE will receive the neccesary attention it needs to fix all the known bugs and balancing issues.

Thanks for all the after sales effort yet again @BigAntStudios .

gking92

School Cricketer
Further to my comment last night, when freezing in career mode it actually occurs in the wide angle shots of the ground at the end of simulating to career player.

I also tried a few more times to play this particular game this evening and had the same problem with freezing occur.

AshleyWilliam

Banned
Am I the only one who has never had a single problem with freezing and the other issues with the introduction of the patches?

My old trusty xbox hasn't skipped a beat since the bubonic red rings of death plague back in 06'.

MHaseebAhmed

School Cricketer
It just went froze. Downloaded the patch. This has never happened earlier.

Attachments

• 20140924_142557.jpg
    20140924_142557.jpg
    950 KB · Views: 14

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So i was playing with my mates and i bowled a no ball yet the bowler seized to bowl and just stood there. Veteran difficulty and the top bowling meter just went out the green zone @BigAntStudios

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Had my first ever freeze on PS3

Mode: Casual
Match Type: n/a
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): Before match started
Ground: n/a
Teams:
Couldn't pick any.
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: On the screen to pick your teams to start the match, both sides were blank. Pressing x put a team in there but you couldn't change it to any other one and when you moved the analogue sticks the game froze requiring a reboot. Never had a problem since the patch 2.5 till today, game works fine in any other mode.

Users who are viewing this thread