Quick question about the grounds...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
No alcohol for sale to the public at Indian grounds. Or probably anywhere in the subcontinent.

Too bad, tbh. But I don't think the crowds could be responsible if it was available.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
No alcohol for sale to the public at Indian grounds. Or probably anywhere in the subcontinent.

Too bad, tbh. But I don't think the crowds could be responsible if it was available.
Just look at the Pakistani fans in the UK when alcohol is made available to them (for those who choose to drink).

It's an utter disgrace.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Why isn't the DY Patil stadium being used?

DY Patil Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

60,000 capacity....

..........politics?????

No idea why. It is India`s most modern facility without a doubt and also our best stadium. Also a part of my undergraduate engineering college campus, so I`m a bit biased towards it. I have actually seen the stadium being built from scratch.:p

Even with the renovation and 300crore rupees being spent, the Wankhede only has a capacity of 33,000 while the DY Patil stadium has a capacity of 60-65k (an all-seater stadium). We need not have spent all this much on the Wankhede because DY Patil stadium is better than what the renovated Wankhede looks like. Lame indeed considering the fact that even Hambantota has hosted games.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I am going for Sunday's England-South Africa match , so all your answers will arrive here on Monday :)
Can't wait to see the beautiful renovated stadium of Chepauk .

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Is the alcohol available at any of the stadiums? and how clean are the toilets cause I've seen a public toilet in India before and I'd rather walk into the depths of Hell
You won't find any alcohol in the stadias especially the stadias here in Gujarat as its legally banned here.To talk about cleanliness of the toilets, the conditions is just like a garbage.:P
What are you allowed to take inside? I've heard that you aren't allowed a camera, cell phone, etc. Is water/food etc available inside the stadium?
It was only camera which we weren't allowed to take in Motera.Yeah, the food is available in stadias though a bit costlier than market price.Cells were allowed and we even took food inside with no worries.
Banners/Posters?
Yeah, you can bring em.;)

P

pcfan123

I love how the Indians just take no clean restrooms are normal and acceptable. "Just hold it in" is not an option sometimes, especially for women.

The conditions of the restrooms and the food (which I am sure is far from hygienic) alone would drive Western fans away from visiting.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Cheers. BTW the match i'm going to is in Chennai.
I went for the India-New Zealand warm-up game and they didn't allow water bottles, outside food, cameras etc. but they, of course, allowed cell-phones.

BTW which stand?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
For the England - WI game we managed to get pavilion tickets at the MCC stands cheap. I think that will be sweet. For the India game, I will be in the North Upper stand I think.

As for the food, i'm sure it'll be clean in the stadiums. Food-hygene isn't really much of a concern in Indian anymore imo unless of course you are eating street food.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Cell phones being allowed is more than good for me regarding tomorrow's game but don't they allow fresh juice packs bought from the Reliance ?? :noway

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Is the alcohol available at any of the stadiums? and how clean are the toilets cause I've seen a public toilet in India before and I'd rather walk into the depths of Hell

Its illegal to consume alcohol & cigarettes in public in India.

Talking of walking through hell, should the need arise I'll walk side by side with you before going to a public toilet myself. Now you know why Indians prefer to relieve themselves in the open.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its illegal to consume alcohol & cigarettes in public in India.

It's only in black and white.

----------

Talking of walking through hell, should the need arise I'll walk side by side with you before going to a public toilet myself. Now you know why Indians prefer to relieve themselves in the open.

I hope that was sarcastic.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Nothing except for Mobiles and Wallets are allowed . No bags , no outside food , no drinks ,none !

Pranav

ICC Board Member
The stadiums have improved considerably for the World Cup! The toilets were unexpectedly neat and were very well maintained. The stands had newly installed seats and were efficiently re-constructed. Though, the food stalls were far off and were few in numbers.

Cameras, binoculars, phones, banners, flags etc. were all allowed. I even came across a person who was carrying an iPad! The stuff that wasn't allowed included food/water, umbrellas, cigarettes and coins.

Users who are viewing this thread