Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After playing 1.5 months this game at legend - hardest bowl/bat difficulty (non-online mode), I think it would be great if BA consider below points to address and in case not even then game is enjoyable

- Batting is way simpler and you can hit four to five boundaries in an over easily
- Outfield catches do need user input when user is fielding/bowling side as every time out filed catch is successful irrespective of our input (other than focus catches)
- Earned stats still un-understandable or simply not correct
- In tour mode, if you set tri-series then there is option to view points table for that tri-series in that tour
- In competition designing, KO & League style must be there for matches (e.g last year champions trophy style)
- AI bowled wide balls too much in ODI & T20 avg. 25 plus runs in extras considering max difficult level (when AI is any team even ENG or AUS)
- Sometime you play on leg side shot and visual shows your batsman playing on other side shot and on perfect timing even ball goes to opposite direction
- Non reality based slog shot like visual showing straight drive shot and ball goes to 6 over slips or third man

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I think that the first time user experience needs a lot of work. More beta testing with people who havent played before, who preferably havent played DBC either.

The introduction of controls and more basic explaining of the game remains really under-presented in AC: given the much more complex controls introduced by DBC i think it still needs better onboarding. (Same goes for the AO Tennis game on mobile, which really doesnt give you enough help).

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would also like to see default English club grounds that are free from massive rocky mountain vistas and palm trees. :yes
Yeah, club grounds sometimes have very unrealistic background.

Stadium backgrounds in general visually look awful. In DBC 17, Wellington Park was my favourite ground as it was visually stunning, but the same ground in Ashes Cricket looks horrible.
----------
They also should add an option to add more grasses and Trees for stadium creator. For example i would like to create a simple stadium like this in middle of Jungle or temperate forest.
Most of the ICC affiliate members play in this types of ground.

mkstatto

School Cricketer
I think with the current options in the stadium editor anything based in the UK is poorly/underdepicted.

I haven't seen one pavilion that would look semi representative a uk based pavilion.

(That's not to take away the amasing, imaginative work of the modders)

D

Dutch

I think that the first time user experience needs a lot of work. More beta testing with people who havent played before, who preferably havent played DBC either.

The introduction of controls and more basic explaining of the game remains really under-presented in AC: given the much more complex controls introduced by DBC i think it still needs better onboarding. (Same goes for the AO Tennis game on mobile, which really doesnt give you enough help).
How to do that without dumbing the game down too much?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
How to do that without dumbing the game down too much?

I don't think you need to change the controls. Just explain them more fully (and interactively). Give people no excuses. Give people a "challenge" to do something, tell them exactly how to do it, and reward them for doing it. They feel like they have achieved something, and you don't need to tell them again.

Cricket is COMPLEX. It would help to hold a little more hand through the beginning.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I know you can change the batting order to bring in a nightwatchman but it would be nice to get a reminder to do it and perhaps make it a temporary thing so you don't forget to alter it when it isn't needed. Maybe in the general settings there could be an option for 'Nightwatchman alert' set to, for example: 5 overs, 10 overs and No (if you're Jonny Bairstow).

Then if you're batting with 5 overs left in the day you get a pop up saying 'Would you like to pick a Nightwatchman?' then you can push a button, scroll through your team and pick who you want it to be.

D

Deleted member 185125

I know you can change the batting order to bring in a nightwatchman but it would be nice to get a reminder to do it and perhaps make it a temporary thing so you don't forget to alter it when it isn't needed. Maybe in the general settings there could be an option for 'Nightwatchman alert' set to, for example: 5 overs, 10 overs and No (if you're Jonny Bairstow).

Then if you're batting with 5 overs left in the day you get a pop up saying 'Would you like to pick a Nightwatchman?' then you can push a button, scroll through your team and pick who you want it to be.
Does the game allow you to change the batting order during innings or after a dismissal?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Does the game allow you to change the batting order during innings or after a dismissal?
During the innings not after a dismissal which is why it can be a pain if you want a nightwatchman you have to remember to do it. Typically, the one time I remember I needed one.

Think you press up on the d-pad. Not 100% I just turned the game off.

D

Deleted member 185125

During the innings not after a dismissal which is why it can be a pain if you want a nightwatchman you have to remember to do it. Typically, the one time I remember I needed one.

Think you press up on the d-pad. Not 100% I just turned the game off.
Ideal situation would be to ask after every dismissal. Remember seeing it in older Cricket Games. Not sure which one it was.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I don't think you need to change the controls. Just explain them more fully (and interactively). Give people no excuses. Give people a "challenge" to do something, tell them exactly how to do it, and reward them for doing it. They feel like they have achieved something, and you don't need to tell them again.

Cricket is COMPLEX. It would help to hold a little more hand through the beginning.
Thinking about other games, how nowadays they will often have tutorials built into the first level or mission. It'll tell you the control to aim and shoot or run and jump and then you'll have a little element of that level where you are required to practice that. You could have a tutorial match, maybe just a 5 over game where it gradually introduces you to each control elements of batting, bowling and fielding. Maybe it could be a little contrived so that you lose at least one wicket as does the AI so that you can show off everything.

I think for people that are new to the game that would be more engaging than going into the nets or practice.

FunkyKP

School Cricketer
I'm probably going to sound like a trash FIFA-wannabe player here but this is my take.

Some kind of Ultimate team mode would take the game/brand to another level.

This would require server upgrades and licensing(as well as good player likenesses) but having an online mode other than 5 over games will keep me wanting to play more.

I wouldn't want it to turn into a pay-to-win style like EA have used repeatedly(Madden, FIFA, NHL etc.) but a journey mode for your own T20 franchise with a player market where earn coins by playing both online/offline gameplay. Imagine starting off with a full 50 rated side and working your way up to Smith and Kohli. The game would be up-to-date all year round with Big Ant feeding fresh cards each week to replicate real life match/series performances.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm probably going to sound like a trash FIFA-wannabe player here but this is my take.

Some kind of Ultimate team mode would take the game/brand to another level.

This would require server upgrades and licensing(as well as good player likenesses) but having an online mode other than 5 over games will keep me wanting to play more.

I wouldn't want it to turn into a pay-to-win style like EA have used repeatedly(Madden, FIFA, NHL etc.) but a journey mode for your own T20 franchise with a player market where earn coins by playing both online/offline gameplay. Imagine starting off with a full 50 rated side and working your way up to Smith and Kohli. The game would be up-to-date all year round with Big Ant feeding fresh cards each week to replicate real life match/series performances.

Not a bad idea, but probably a mammoth task for a company the size of BA. Would be a reasonable way to keep their revenue flowing between iterations and continue the support cycle deep in to each version. If that's what they want to do. BAT20 League or something.

D

Dutch

I think they have to make clearer choices in how they cater for different expectations and experiences: at the mo it feels as If they are caught in a no mans land between wanting to remain innovative but then adding stuff like radars and button pressing and pitchmarkers like games of old. I do think a lot more could be done indeed to guide people step by step to master the controls: I have always felt that commentators are heavily underused in this regard......I would much rather hear the commentator telling me that I need to play forward to a full ball or why my shot choice wasnt ideal for that ball etcetera......and then perhaps have graphics lighting up the appropriate control movements. Tutorials would help in this regard as well and in my mind shouldnt be that hard to implement?

Users who are viewing this thread