Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm glad none of us are accountants...

DBC14 Rocks

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Staff cost is in respect to bigant studios and not just dbc, so that 1.2 mill or i dont know how many staff are there in BA but, whatever is spent on staff is with respect to studio, like the team would be working on various titles in pipeline unless they separate them exclusively to projects!

That said how did you end up with 250k estimate source ?

They had a fund raiser for Big Ant dirt track racing and the base amount was $266,000 to make that game i know i said $250,000 but i am pretty sure if that game would have been made it would probably would have been released in late 2016 just like DBC17 so i just took that amount roughly.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
They had a fund raiser for Big Ant dirt track racing and the base amount was $266,000 to make that game i know i said $250,000 but i am pretty sure if that game would have been made it would probably would have been released in late 2016 just like DBC17 so i just took that amount roughly.

That's what they were looking to raise, but it isn't necessarily a good indication of what it would cost to make!
With Dirt Track specifically, the base game was that amount, but with incredibly basic features. If you look down the stretch goals, you can see how the budget increases. And that STILL might be money to go alongside internal investment, outside investment etc - never does it specify that's what it *actually* costs to make. Just what they need to make it.

And also, of course, this is a *totally* different game!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is "guess the DBC 14/ Big Ant revenue" new form of "guess the DBC 17 release date" thread?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Cricket is hardly a niche sport...look at all the countries that are playing. Seriously...

If you think cricket is not a niche game in terms of video game market, you've absolutely no clue... which is not surprising given the posts and numbers you've posted so far in the thread. If cricket was even anywhere close to generating the sort of revenue you are talking about we would've EA all over the sport with an annual release a la FIFA and Madden series. The most profitable sports in terms of video game revenue are Soccer (FIFA & PES), NFL/Football (Madden), Basketball (NBA), Hockey (NHL), Baseball (MLB) and MMA (UFC). Even Golf and Tennis aren't that profitable which is why EA has decided to make golf a "once every 2 years" franchise and there's not been a tennis game out since 2011-12 (Top Spin 4).

Popularity or mass following of a sport just by numbers doesn't mean anything. You have to factor in the buying power of the fan base as well. Other than UK (where cricket is nowhere close to being a no. 1 sport) and Australia (where cricket is probably vying with Aussie rules football as the top sport), there's no other major consumer base. And that's exactly why Cricket is a niche video gaming market and the reason why companies such as EA and Codemasters pulled out of cricket video game development/publishing business.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Oh ok.. Geez I didn't realize the future of cricket gaming was so awfully bleak.. Excuse me while I slip out the backdoor of this thread, and leave it to the brainstrust of "the critically dire future of cricket games treaty"....Who can't even come to a solution as to how to penetrate a cricket mad nation with a population over a billion(and then let's just just forget the other test playing nations, because they don't even know a current cricket video game even exists) ....

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Can we please get back to the crucial moment of this discussion where the OP added 3.5 + 4.5 and got 7.5 ...announced this as "facts" and promptly relegated sports such as Rugby, League, F1, Basketball, Baseball and American Football into nothingness?

and leave it to the brainstrust of "the critically dire future of cricket games treaty"....Who can't even come to a solution as to how to penetrate a cricket mad nation with a population over a billion

Those "billion" people you keep mentioning don't all have running water, 24 hour power or flushing toilets let alone own a PS4 and a WiFi connection.

There's quite a few people in Japan, doesn't mean they all want to eat sushi.

Please stop.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Can we please get back to the crucial moment of this discussion where the OP added 3.5 + 4.5 and got 7.5 ...announced this as "facts" and promptly relegated sports such as Rugby, League, F1, Basketball, Baseball and American Football into nothingness?

Those "billion" people you keep mentioning don't all have running water, 24 hour power or flushing toilets let alone own a PS4 and a WiFi connection.

There's quite a few people in Japan, doesn't mean they all want to eat sushi.

Please stop.

Oh dear c'mon pal.. Seriously, now there wouldn't be someone holding a gun to those peoples head who don't have these fortunate luxuries we/I/u have, saying buy the game or else. Get a grip pal

grkrama

National Board President
KGmyQqG.gif

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia

Sorry miss, ...but I didn't start it... It was him, that boy over there with the pink nametag.:yes
P.s I am out of this now. Thanks to those who did offer input

D

Dutch

I am so decadent I use my PS4 as a toilet and my modem is in the budgie cage because it "likes the twinkly lights"....

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
have running water, 24 hour power or flushing toilets let alone own a PS4 and a WiFi connection.
Thank god I have all the necessities but still for a middle class family in India owning a PS3 is difficult.The PS2 is still the main console in India.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
The point is "Made up number" does not equal "lots of money to buy cricket games" ...the OP has no actual knowledge of, or relevant information regarding the topic that was started, other than "they should start a YouTube channel" and "there's a lot of people in the world".

Pretty confident Ross doesn't need advice in this area and also pretty confident he won't be divulging financial information about the game in a public forum. ...let alone the salaries he pays to his staff!

...except Matt. We all know he is paid in Vegetarian meals.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
..Who can't even come to a solution as to how to penetrate a cricket mad nation with a population over a billion(and then let's just just forget the other test playing nations, because they don't even know a current cricket video game even exists) ....

if i or anyone else in this forum could come to a solution how to penetrate the indian cricket gaming market we would be a more succesful cricket gaming developer/marketer/distributor than anyone else in the world.

it's a still immature market that can't support prices that might be expected in other countries and could grey market into those. if the solutiom.was easy enough for us to come up with in the middle of the worst thread ever that @Ross would be sat on a private island being fed vegetarian food by victoria secrets models, and EA and codemasters would be planning a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread