IPL Season 8 General Discussion!!!

Predict the Runner-Up!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With a choice between two imperfect systems, NRR is the way to go. I agree that a win is a win, and I perhaps value close wins even more than big wins, but any of the arguments used in favour of using # of wins are in fact the arguments against it. If a team has won more games than another and is on the same number of points, it means that team also lost more matches than the other team. If wins are a testament to your bottle, surely losses must have the opposite meaning? A valid argument could be made that using number of wins will encourage teams to go for the win instead of playing safe for NRR, but that is a very specific situation which could only occur in the last round of the league stage.

That is a brilliant inning from Mandeep Singh. He got going when AB was struggling and gave AB some time to settle in.

CSK vs RCB for Qualifier 2!! After a good start to the tournament, Rajasthan have fallen away. And after a bad start, MI have gone all the way to the final. Contrasting fortunes!

I want the winner of Qualifer 2 to win the IPL! Don't mind supporting RCB at all if they make it past CSK to the final. But mind and heart with CSK! They are in Ranchi for Qualifier 2, where homeboy Dhoni should get very good support.

God, RR are unreal bottlers. To be in the kind of situation they were after 5 games and not finishing in the top 2 is a crime. On the other hand, the effort from MI is amazing to say the least. A carbon copy of last season in the league stage, where they made a rousing comeback after losing the first 4 or 5 games.

CSK have a slight advantage over RCB because playing at Ranchi might be similar to playing at Chepauk. The pitch might favour spinners, which is CSK's strength and CSK fans will be in the majority due to obvious connections with MSD. Still, hoping for and expecting an absolute cracker of a game.

I hate Mumbai too, or am I just trying to play up a rivalry that just simply doesn't exist? ;)

The BCCI and their network partners honestly ought to work harder on building rivalries, there's simply no emotional connection with the opposition except dislike for players or coach on said team... it all still seems like it doesn't really matter who wins or loses, and instead the players and coaches all win because they seem only interested in making 90% of their annual salary off a 2 month vacation trip. :rolleyes

I blame the "clean slate" auctions.

Last edited:
I just cant understand this blind support of Jadeja and Mohit...They had been given lot more opportunities than they deserve.

Why is Irfan Pathan on the bench for every single game?

He is not a bench player...He is far too better than Jadeja Mohit Ashwin Nehra Ishwar Pandey Ronit More Negi and all of those Dhoni's pets!

Mohit was one of the most expensive bowler in this season and Jadeja sporadically performs with bat or bowl...he is wayyyy too inconsistent!

I just cant understand this blind support of Jadeja and Mohit...They had been given lot more opportunities than they deserve.

Why is Irfan Pathan on the bench for every single game?

He is not a bench player...He is far too better than Jadeja Mohit Ashwin Nehra Ishwar Pandey Ronit More Negi and all of those Dhoni's pets!

Mohit was one of the most expensive bowler in this season and Jadeja sporadically performs with bat or bowl...he is wayyyy too inconsistent!
There's already a left arm bowler who's tied for 4th most wickets in the XI with 19 wickets and an economy rate 7.03? Maybe Dhoni prefers 3 spinners and 3 pace bowlers instead of 2 spinners and 4 pace bowlers?

I just can't understand this blind support of Irfan Pathan, what exactly has he done in the last 5 years?

Did some digging...

Irfan Pathan last season
0PhG0os.png

J3MkEAt.png

Mohit Sharma this season
pZjZRrp.png

NTqN4Ij.png

Further digging also suggests Pandey, Jadeja and Negi possess a better economy rate and average this season than Irfan Pathan did last season, which you can see for yourself here.

All that said, who the fearsome tweak is Ronit More?

Haters, stay connected! There'll be a cracker in Kolkata!

Shouldn't be asking why, but instead why not? Captained by Gambhir is reason enough.

haha. Why is that ?

Its more due to the personalities involved. Gambhir, SRK (i.e. the recent SRK), etc. I have a very strong dislike for Gambhir. I dont know why.

Coming back to the CSK v RCB game, it would actually not be bad if RCB win it. I am going to be neutral for this game. This is geniunely not an attempt to make myself feel better if CSK loses (I'm well past those IPL days...), but I seriously feel RCB is due some good times especially with the team that they have.

Its more due to the personalities involved. Gambhir, SRK (i.e. the recent SRK), etc. I have a very strong dislike for Gambhir. I dont know why.

Coming back to the CSK v RCB game, it would actually not be bad if RCB win it. I am going to be neutral for this game. This is geniunely not an attempt to make myself feel better if CSK loses (I'm well past those IPL days...), but I seriously feel RCB is due some good times especially with the team that they have.
Yea.
I dislike CSK and RCB as well(at some extent).

Its more due to the personalities involved.

Just to mess around, but if SRK-GG are the rootcause of your dislike for KKR, then surely you should hate CSK and RR the most - they have/had insufferable wretches like Srinivasan, Meyiappan, that Vindoo guy and Raj Kundra associated with them :spy

Users who are viewing this thread