Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Varies, considering it's WiFi.

Edit: Right now though, it's horrendous.

1734494839.png

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well if the speeds are generally less than 0.5 Mb/s and ping is around 45 only, then I suggest you to never watch videos of quality >360p unless necessary to avoid buffering.

Alternatively you can try Speedbit Video Accelerator. A friend of mine uses it and seems to be happy with it, at least I have seen it installed on his system for more than 2 years!

ArcherMcKinley

School Cricketer
'Speedbit Video Accelerator' doesn't do much. I've used it, and wouldn't recommend it. Oh, and you'll run into problems uninstalling it as well. You'll be stuck with the speedbit homepage/search etc... Welp! I got rid of it in the end.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be any way to speed up the loading time of videos, apart from the obvious route of getting a better internet connection. I've tried every single trick mentioned on the internet... and finally settled for a second connection(bsnl broadband) to make up for my slow Reliance Connection.

**Wireless in India will never reach the standard of its counterpart in US**

------

My Internet Connections

#RELIANCE NET CONNECT +
-3.1 Mbps (.20 to 1.30 Mbps average) upto 5GB and 144 Kbps thereafter
-750 p/m

#BSNL BROADBAND
-4 Mbps (3.10 to 3.70 Mbps average) upto 16GB and 512 Kbps thereafter
-1350 p/m

So... yeah. I make use of both and am pretty happy.

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
'Speedbit Video Accelerator' doesn't do much. I've used it, and wouldn't recommend it. Oh, and you'll run into problems uninstalling it as well. You'll be stuck with the speedbit homepage/search etc... Welp! I got rid of it in the end.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be any way to speed up the loading time of videos, apart from the obvious route of getting a better internet connection. I've tried every single trick mentioned on the internet... and finally settled for a second connection(bsnl broadband) to make up for my slow Reliance Connection.

**Wireless in India will never reach the standard of its counterpart in US**

------

My Internet Connections

#RELIANCE NET CONNECT +
-3.1 Mbps (.20 to 1.30 Mbps average) upto 5GB and 144 Kbps thereafter
-750 p/m

#BSNL BROADBAND
-4 Mbps (3.10 to 3.70 Mbps average) upto 16GB and 512 Kbps thereafter
-1350 p/m

So... yeah. I make use of both and am pretty happy.

Why dont you use Airtel Broadband. I pay 2100 p/m for 4Mbps upto 150 Gb and 512 Kbps after the FUP.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yudi, my very next stop after my internet failure was downloading speedbit accelarator and like Archer said, it caused a havoc of problems and my page was stuck and I too had to eventually get rid of it.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Well this is a question for Indians here, who frequently purchase from flipkart.com. As it goes, I purchased a novel off there about two weeks ago, and now reading it for the first time today I found out that its pages were faulty, that is, some (about 32) pages are missing from the book. Although I did call the customer service, and they noted down the complaint for further analysis of it, I didn't realize that you had to keep the original packing with you (as is listed in their T&Cs), fully intact. So I don't have it with me right now, although I have all the emails and the book is in the same condition as it was when it arrived. So, are they still going to replace it? I would like to hear from someone to whom this has happened before, or they know of any case.

----------

Oops just realized that this might not be the correct place to post this.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've gotta buy a new Laptop for my post graduate course. I'm looking for a decent gaming lappy. My budget is around 50K INR which is roughly 1000$.
After watching a few laptops, I've selected HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx. Is there any other lappy better than this one in the same price range?

6ry4nj

International Coach
I just obediently downloaded Firefox 11, but when I go to run it, it won't connect with any site. Can anyone figure out what's wrong/advise me? :(

6ry4nj

International Coach
I'll try to check that, but sorry I should have mentioned that I had the previous version of Firefox (10.0.2 or something) before the download and it worked fine.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Oh! I was about to update,but you have problem?!

Users who are viewing this thread