Spin Bowling Impression and questions..

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I wouldn't say they show leg spinners to be perfectly honest with you. They just look like balls that haven't turned at all in any way. It's a trick of perspective IMO, but the balls definitely appear to be following a straight path.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A Scotsman who bowls leg spin HA...I've seen it all now.

Jadel

Club Captain
my experience is that spin is sort of a broken system. i think it's quite rare for the "correct" input to come about.

out of interest, did you switch between over/around the wicket? i've noticed this certainly affects the delivery. did the action change or just the delivery?

Im not sure how many overs of spin I have bowled but I've taken nearly 1000 wickets and I have never once seen a ball not do what I told it to do. Whether it's over or around the wicket the ball spins the correct way and aims exactly where you tell it to go.

Tl:dr... You are doing it wrong.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I can bowl the exact same ball with the same joypad inputs and one spins into the stumps and the other ends up a wide. To both left and right handers. There is something strange going on here.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I can bowl the exact same ball with the same joypad inputs and one spins into the stumps and the other ends up a wide. To both left and right handers. There is something strange going on here.
Can you write down the steps of your bowling??

Jadel

Club Captain
Either your gamepad is broken or you are doing it wrong.

It's pretty much impossible to bowl a wide with a spin bowler.

The only way you can do it like you describe is to press a length button while you aren't choosing the delivery type.
.. the left stick must be moved and held when you press a b or y

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
.. the left stick must be moved and held when you press a b or y

I could be doing something wrong here. I went back and re-read the manual plus did the tutorial again.
The steps I take to bowl an offbreak are:
1. LS up and right
2. Length ball
3. LS rotate
4. RS up and left for release

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I could be doing something wrong here. I went back and re-read the manual plus did the tutorial again.
The steps I take to bowl an offbreak are:
1. LS up and right
2. Length ball
3. LS rotate
4. RS up and left for release

I dont understand this..

Jadel

Club Captain
As long as 1 and 2 are concurrent then it's ok.

And 4 is... Not my favorite style, I bowl almost everything on the stumps. Leaving you bowled, lbw, caught behind and caught in the outfield. Bowling outside the line pretty much leaves you caught on the outfield.

Users who are viewing this thread