Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

P

pcfan123

So Ijaz Butt's claims that the England team fixed are laughed at, while a newspaper which is not credible at all's claims are looked at as true?

Yes exactly. Because PCB has 0 credibility

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
So Ijaz Butt's claims that the England team fixed are laughed at, while a newspaper which is not credible at all's claims are looked at as true?

Double standards much?

There was accusations followed by proof of the no balls bowled during the Test series. This is just Butt coming out with wild accusations and saying he's got all this proof and is going to expose the English players involved (but hasn't). If he has said proof then why doesn't he share it with the rest of us in stead of looking like a crazy fool?

P

pcfan123

No point in arguing against people who don't believe video evidence. They are either incredibly stupid or incredibly shameless. Either way its not a loss for cricket if these people never grace the field again.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If Ijaz Butt has got proof, he should have shared those immediately. I fear its just one of his shenanigans :facepalm. As if we were not in a lot of trouble already :mad:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member

Double standards much?

The Sun has it's issues, most of the paper is laughable, but their investigative journalism is very, very good. The Sun got tips regarding 'patterns' in the Pakistani run-rate in their innings, and referred these tips to the ICC before the game started. These tips, which referred to a specific number of runs being scored over a 2 over spell happened to come true, which is why The Sun released it. Ijaz Butt coming out and shouting off about England collapse being due to taking money is just farcical. There's no proof there, it's all speculation, and speculation that could end up seeing him taken to court. Everything The Sun has released has been backed up with actual evidence, Ijaz Butt is making spurious allegations with no evidence other than things he's supposedly heard in betting circles. It's pathetic. There are no double standards here whatsoever, the man's a moron.

King Cricket

International Coach
Insomniac said:

If their claims really were bunkum, I doubt whether the ICC would have ordered a full fledged investigation into the matter before even the conclusion of the match.

As for Butt throwing toys out of the pram in front of the media and brazenly accusing England of indulging in match fixing, now that's what I call nonsense. If he really had the details and knew so much about dubious money transfers between bookies and English players, why didn't he share his knowledge with the Anti Corruption Unit? Given his absolutely pathetic record as a cricketing administrator, I don't think what he says can be termed 'credible'.

blazer-glory

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This team need to be quiet and disappear down a hole for a few years. As if things weren't bad enough before these allegations. :facepalm

Dipak

ICC Board Member
If Ijaz Butt has got proof, he should have shared those immediately. I fear its just one of his shenanigans :facepalm. As if we were not in a lot of trouble already :mad:

He is just speaking rubbish...The bowler always doesn't see whether the batsmen's bat is in the air after he settles after running..

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
BBC Sport - Cricket - England to play ODI against Pakistan despite new twists

"England were furious over reports that Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ijaz Butt told Indian TV that team members were paid to lose the third game. However, Butt has told BBC Radio 5 live: "I definitely did not say this."

"On Monday, he was reported to have told India's NDTV channel: "There is loud and clear talk in bookie circles that some English players were paid enormous amounts of money to lose. No wonder there was total collapse of the English side." However, speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, Butt said that he was only stating what he had heard and that he had no proof that England's players had thrown the game at The Oval. "The bookies have been talking about it and we will investigate the matter and come up with whatever proof we can provide. The total statement I made [to NDTV] categorically explained that the bookies are saying this. I am not saying this."

Just keep digging Butt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread