Steam update for DBC17 released

B

Bigby Wolf

Initial impressions after the update :
-Edges,edges and edges - plenty of them after the update its like playing dbc14 with franco's fearsome tweak.
-The AI has improved a lot especially while chasing and playing some good backfoot shots along with some sweeps.
-160 mph superspeed is fixed.
-fielding 3 camera movement is fixed while having a overthrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
As the Steam notes state (there are three at the bottom of the patch release) -

NOTE: This is an interim build, updates will be released on a daily basis for the next few days.
NOTE: Online has been optimised however there are still issues that will be resolved over the next few days.
NOTE: Console patches are to be released once approved by the respective platform holders.

We wanted to get you guys the patch as soon as it was ready - our PR guy is working hard to get the information out to all the social media areas now.
Could u plz let us no when the patch is submitted

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
it looks a new game, really, polished like dbc 14. Had another edge to fourth slip that didnt carry (so i suggest to move the fielder closer if
this happen), then the first wicket:

That's some grab. Gah 2 hours until game downloads and then going out for the day to look at tulips anyway.

BononFi__er

School Cricketer
Really great news and great work by BA and beta testers. Looking forward to when PS4 patch comes out, no rush.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
it looks a new game, really, polished like dbc 14. Had another edge to fourth slip that didnt carry (so i suggest to move the fielder closer if
this happen), then the first wicket:

My impression from this video is even now the keeper seems to be super man ...
Is the cut shot to spinners still always going to keeper? Any idea can anyone test this and confirm.
I am in office today ...

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have stats been improved or fixed? As far as I'm aware the stats were very bare. If not then I hope BA can possibly add more stats in. Whether it's like a yearly summary or a wagon wheel for each year (in career mode). Who doesn't like stats?

Also @Langeveldt as far as I'm aware the batting mentality influences the stats of a piayer i.e when creating a player if you select 'defensive' or the equivalent the stats it generates for the player are more defensive (good defence, lower attacking skill etc.) might be wrong though. If I'm right then in that case I really want attributes/stats to make a bigger difference in terms of how the players perform

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also @Langeveldt as far as I'm aware the batting mentality influences the stats of a piayer i.e when creating a player if you select 'defensive' or the equivalent the stats it generates for the player are more defensive (good defence, lower attacking skill etc.) might be wrong though. If I'm right then in that case I really want attributes/stats to make a bigger difference in terms of how the players perform

I've actually had it confirmed privately, and I hope he doesn't mind me saying, that the mentality doesn't just change the attributes it chooses for a player but has an in game effect. Apparently it is minor, and in my argument too minor.

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Saw patch 4 was out, rushed to my xbox. Damnit! I got my hopes up thinking about an evening of cricket. Spewing.

Users who are viewing this thread