Story The Blues Cricket Club (True to the Blue)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That scorecard is fantastic, but with slight tweak in the font used, it should look more professional. Nevertheless, a great one. Keep it going. :)

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
UZuI8.png

00028779-image.png

Vital win within Bulls' grasp
1st January, 2011

ZtbyL.png

Bulls' cricketer Andrew Symonds talks to Channel 9 commentator Tim Gilbert

Having begun the day on 4 for 74, with the lead of 206 - The sell-shocked visitors were dispatched for 129 inside 36 overs in their second innings. Resuming at the crease for them were Henriques (53) and Rohrer (4). They were bowled out in the first hour of day 4 itself - Bulls' attack reduced the visitors to 7 for 98 - leading with 232 - with Kruger taking 4-13. The visitors lost both batsmen in the space of seven deliveries with Henriques pinned lbw by Kruger before Swan sent Rohrer's leg stump tumbling with the first of the 15th over. The young Kruger did the damage in more ways one as Blues had the better of the second day. Then the visitors collapsed alarmingly after the two wickets of Henriques and Rohrer, losing last four wickets for 31 runs. two wickets each for Doran and Cutting made it profitable morning when Blues were bowled for 129.

horiz_line.png

The target wasn't easy for the Bulls - required 263 with two sessions remaining. As Clark was injured they decided to go with Mennie to open the bowling attack with Strac. Bulls did suffer an early setback when Hopes was caught off Jaques at second slip by the debut Mennie, who stuck out a right hand to take a sharp chance. Simpson went to his fifty from 84 deliveries. Simpson and Reardon fell to Strac, in a skilful spell, with O'Keefe picked up at gully and left-hander chopping on. Symonds reached his first fifty from just 74 deliveries with 5 boundaries including 2 massive sixes. But then throttled back as Morkel, with seven boundaries, raced to the 12th first-class fifty of his prolific career off only 39 deliveries. Bulls' 3 for 167 - Morkel, who made his first hundred in this season and his career, seized control as Bulls reach ahead to 169 at tea.

Morkel had faced 95 deliveries, hitting a six and 5 fours and his stand with Symonds eclipsed 73. An opening spell from O'Keefe 5-2-8-4 helped the towering spinner towards his best match figures since removing Morkel, Symonds, Carseldine and Hartley - Carseldine for a duck; tried to gild the bowl towards the gully area but was caught behind. O'Keefe dislodged Morkel, playing across the line and Symonds, tentatively edging low to Clarke at third slip. However Doran approached a tricky situation with a fearless counter-attack, although adrenaline almost got the better of good judgement. Just required 27 to win the game with 6 overs remaining - Doran went down the pitch to drive O'Keefe for a six and charged forward again hen shipping Hughes wide of mid-off to complete their triumph.​

Z0zxb.png

Zuwtz.png

Roofrom50

International Coach
Albie Morkel and Andrew Symonds played like stars in that second innings. It was a good victory for the Queensland Bulls. They played some outstanding cricket.

Loving the work my friend. The scoreboards are outstanding. Very good work, keep it up

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Brilliant improvement thus far, writings and graphics have improved heaps. Keep it up, cheers.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Sorry but is there an explanation somewhere of why they were chasing 263 when the Blues were only 427 - 412 + 129 = 144 ahead?

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
Sorry but is there an explanation somewhere of why they were chasing 263 when the Blues were only 427 - 412 + 129 = 144 ahead?

hey thanks bro. since I've posted the third part it was around 15 and some were around I've written 206 which is quite embarrassing. but while I was playing ICC10 it has shown in the same way. I must have done something wrong

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I must say that this the best story going on. Perfect writings and graphics. The presentation is clean and neat which is just superb. Great work Andrew!

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
UZuI8.png

00028779-image.png

Match setup
3nd January, 2011

EKapk.png

After losing the last game at Gabba - The medium-pacer is the only addition to the line-up which would make a differences. And having battled to avoid defeat in that previous game after being bowled out for just 129, coach John Dyson did make some changes. Veteran batsman Rohrer drops out of the playing eleven after. Copeland returned, a tougher cricketer for his experiences. "Since I've come back, I've worked my fingers to the bone," he says. Road-biking is now his passion and he sometimes takes himself off for a long ride after a day in the field at Sydney. However, he's not become a boring cricketer. He hasn't stifled his natural flair. On the other hand, we've Haruritz in this game after he missed few games with a tight hamstring and he should go straight back into the side, while Bracken continues to ball with his problematic knee injury. And at the top, McCullum makes his way to the line-up after being out with another knee injury. he the batsman who can hit the ball vast distances, and is doing his best to tighten his technique along the way. Anyway the two captains made their way to the middle for the toss with Brendon Julian -

horiz_line.png

Hey! good morning Ladies and Gentlemen. The game 10th in the Sheffield Shield is under the way! I've the two captains - Michael Clarke the captain of the Blues and Cameron White the captain of the Bushrangers. Clarke will gonna spin the coin.
"Heads!"
"Heads is the call and.... Nah, that's tails. So Michael, what you are gonna decide?"
"We'd like to bat first, looks to be a good surface to get some runs."
"Interesting! you know there is quite a bit of grass in it. anyways uh, what do you feel when you play in your home town?"
"Back here! I had a full and thorough grilling by various guys, including the captain Simon."
"What do you think about Mennie? He's really in a fantastic form picking six wickets in his debut?"
"It's nice to watch him and think, 'I would love to be able to play like that', but the more you get like that the more you get away from what you do well and how you can help the team."
"Any changes for this game?"
"We've made 6 changes - Watson, Khawaja, McCullum, Copeland, Hauritz and Bracken comes in"
"Looks like you've changed your side is made up of an exciting blent of experience and raw talent. and Have a good game."
Yah, Cheers mate!"

"Lost the toss. Wasn't happy?"
"Nah, I'm pretty happy with the toss. I'd have bowled first."
"You won the previous game, Man McDonald got a ton it's the best time to bat? and you've got through the nineties and then free up. and you brought Finch and Pattinson into the line-up. Are you confident about those picks?"
"Yeah, I'm confident that the players we've brought into the side will be able to perform at the higher level."
"wasn't that good batting in the second innings of previous game against Tasmania, how is it going?"
"Yeah, that was key. We want to get all the guys more to bat, but we had to cram it in at the end. but yea it's nicely."
"Thanks for having a chat, have a good game."
"Thanks mate."

Vc6Sa.png

Zuwtz.png

Roofrom50

International Coach
This is going to be a close match. I am a favorite of the Bushrangers, so i'm hoping their going to win, but the Blues have a solid line-up. I can't wait for this match to begin.

Loving the work mate, keep up the great work.

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
UZuI8.png

00028779-image.png

Five-star Watson impresses again
5th January, 2011

ZOOwb.png

Shane Watson's composed unbeaten 153 ensured Blues surely can't lose their encounter with Victoria

The start of the first day, It was a solid effort by the openers on a pitch that began to swing. Put in on a green-tinged pitch offering occasional uneven bounce, Blues opening pair resolutely put on 87 - Jaques and Watson turned things around. Watson offered one chance on 16 but Finch, failed to hold on to a low catch. Jaques batted for a shade over an hour for 34. A nick from him, when he had made only 34 from 73 deliveries, landed just in front of Pattinson before Jaques hooked McKay for a six in an over which cost 12 runs. Watson was quite happy to play second fiddle in the morning while Jaques unfurled some fine strokes. Four consecutive boundaries from Nannes over exceeded 50 run-partnership. Then they two rescued Blues with a gritty unbroken stand of 95 in 28 overs. Jaques was three runs short of a well-deserved fifty when Hussey took a stunning catch on the mid-on boundary from McDonald. Watson was much more cicumspect, going to half-century from 93 deliveries. The third-wicket pair joined forces when Nannes reduced the home side to two for 126 at lunch. Nannes won lbw verdicts against Khawaja as his opening spell of nine overs yielded figures 1-13.

Unexpected afternoon session had earlier work in Watson's favour as he was rewarded for his diligence in reaching 59 off 103 deliveries. Clarke edged Pattinson just short of Hodge at third slip on three and grafted his way to 21. Both Watson and Clarke were beaten in first few overs of the afternoon session, but as the cloud broke up runs suddenly began to flow. Two Blues batsmen were also reluctant to depart as neither Shane Watson, who made 67, nor Michael Clarke. Blues lost a wicket in the 13th over to spinner White, as Clarke was caught and bowled by White for 39 from 74 deliveries. McCullum in his first game for RTA Speedblitz Blues, he had started his innings quickly when he raced to 28 from 17 deliveries. Watson and McCullum added 64 for the fourth-wicket, Watson went to his century with his third six, stuck down the ground off Bravo and finished unbeaten 107 off 145 deliveries having added 64 for the fourth wicket.

Four fours in six balls by Watson off McKay improved Blues' situation. He's first century in this session was mainstay of the Blues resistance, batting for five hours and somewhere around 36 minutes. His innings occupied 176 deliveries with 12 boundaries including 2 sixes. McCullum and Watson extended their stand to 93 as McCullum, who made his 32 first-class half-century and first for Blues. He progressed to a 98-ball fifty, with 6 boundaries including a six. Watson unbeaten 150 spanned just 194 deliveries and contained three sixes, one hit straight over mid-off and other two pick up over mid-wicket and square-leg off McDonald. By the end of the day Blues scored 314 with the loss of three wickets.

Tf81x.png

sclkv.png

Zuwtz.png

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Watson has been fantastic. But he should of been out on 16 when he was dropped at the start of the innings.
All the Blues batsman have played well and gotten starts, Jaques, Clarke and now McCullum. A good score is proving here.

Users who are viewing this thread