the commentary is actually great

paceattack

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
well guys i have a thing to say
at first i also thought that the commentary sucked big time but recently i have been forced to think again.....here why

playing a test match against austrailia(me being pakistan) i was going through a phase where i was not scoring many runs and was mainly concentrating on keeping my wickets in tact. all of a sudden the commenttators started discussing about modern day umpiring . maxwell asking richie the question and richie giving a great reply......sayin that there is a lot of pressur on umpires in the modern game with te over appealing.....he even went on to say that some of the players appealing is close to intmidation......

this was brilliant....i was amazed.........

then a few overs later....maxwell asked richie

maxwell:richie the hook shot is one of the toughest in the game....and you yourself were a great exponent of the hook shot....what tips would u give the batsmen of today

then richie again gave a very detailed reply.....syaing that getting inline with the ball is the best way and how he cracked his skull once when trying the shot and had to be driven to hospital.

i was stunned ....

in the next match of the same series........
maxwell asked richie what changes he has noticed in the modern game.....compared to when he was playin.....richie replied that the introduction of one day cricket etc. and also the equipment used by players nowadays.....saying that they have helmets and in his day a player would go through his whole career without touching a hel met

and further..............

max well later asked richie the pressure of captaincy...then richie gave a sponatneous reply about the way that captains should conduct themselves......throwing in a great line"whenwever something goes righ...the captain should immediatly take the credit.....because noone else will take the blame when something goes wrong"

my word

i was quite amazed ....startled....thrilled

yes it can be a bit repetitive but the real life cmmentary generally discuses events and history....so u canot expect all of that in the game .......but its nice to know that ea have put in effort and brodening the horizon and generally gatting the real feeling in the game

seriously guys it is eay to get critical but remember that cricket is perhaps the most difficult sport to convert into a video game..

please reply telling me if u have heard any of these parts of the commentary.....or any other ones..........

i am certainly impressed.......have any of ou had the same experince or found something new in the commentary.........

it is not perfect but it is commendable.....may be in the next version we will see major imrovements....like having tony greig and geoof boycoot alongside richie benaud

Sorry do not agree - some of these comments I have heard, but they are put in at random. They have nothing to do with the current state of the match.

Commentary at best is lamentable. Repetitious, inaccurate, wooden etc etc

yes it can be reppetitive ......but these comments are a step further.......and despite.......real life cicket commentators seem to discuss events nd players half the time.....it is not perfect....but it is heartening .....giving us hope that much more improvements will be made in the future installments of the game
personally i think geoff boycott was great in brain lara cricket.....

these comments were also there in cricket 2002 but they only used to say this when we stopped playing the game
i mean if u wait 3-4 minutes, dont press anything and let the game continue they say these comments and when we start playing the usual suckin commentary staarts

Yep, these comments have cropped up in almost every game I have played. There are certainly random and can appear even at the most unappropriate times.

Sorry, but the commentary sucks, as do most features of the game.

Yeah, I'm more concerned with how they call the action itself and their evaluation of the current status of the match. If they ever get that down, then I'll be impressed.

shane warne/brian lara cricket 99 was the first game to include random conversations between the two commentators

in shane warne 99 it mainly happened when u left the screen idol for a min or so

Yep, thats right squiz. In SWC it was timed better. And I'll rephrase what I said above. I agree with Sadistic, it would be very good IF it took into account what was actually happening in the game. A french cut to fine leg IS certainly not a 'wonderful late cut'.

zimrahil said:
Commentary at best is lamentable. Repetitious, inaccurate, wooden etc etc

that is like on brian lara when u play a classic match and david gower says,
'so bill, how do you think Ricky Ponting has done as australia's captain after 2 years?'

LOL :D

Users who are viewing this thread