True Team Spirit - Take note soccer fans

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
As I said, cultures are different. Australians simply don't understand the nuances of football. I, as an Englishman, simply don't understand Aussie Rules.
I can understand that everyone enjoys different things, but surely you can not call Aussie Rules boring? It's higher scoring and faster paced than soccer!

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Soccer can be fast paced. AFL do work it backwards a lot and always restart it after every goal and having throw in after the ball goes out.

They are probably about the same paced.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
What an incredible Football generalisation...
I'm sure there are examples otherwise in the lower leagues - it's a pity the majority of the world don't care. Manchester United have an estimated 5% of the world's population supporting them. Now I'm fairly certain that a fair part of that live outside Manchester. The fact is, soccer is a bandwagon jumping sport. How many people on this forum for example go for a team outside their area? You live in Middlesex but support a London club. Leicester Fox lives in Leicester but goes for a Manchester club.

Now I know some of you may have family who lived there, but a lot of you probably don't. A lot of you probably merely picked the team you liked the best because they were big and good.

I find it terrible that people merely choose the biggest and most popular team. In fact, as a student teacher at our school who is from Darlington once told me, there is no real reason for anyone who doesn't live in England to support an EPL team. They just choose the team, maybe watch them on TV from time to time, and then carry on when they win because they 'go for them' when they have not supported the club in any way. They haven't contributed to the club's financial status by buying a membership or buying a ticket at a home game.

Then there's the billionaires who buy out clubs instead of dedicating their excessive money to something important such as the research of diseases. Can you imagine what medical researchers could do with Roman Abramovich's money? The simple fact is that the money being poured into soccer is ruining the competition and it's stopping players from caring about the clubs they are at. If they are good enough, they'll move up. That simple.

Soccer can be fast paced. AFL do work it backwards a lot and always restart it after every goal and having throw in after the ball goes out.

All sports restart after scoring. Same paced is not very likely, AFL doesn't see much stuffing around passing back and forth (unless we are talking about Sydney) waiting for an opening.

Soccer definitely goes backwards more than AFL does.

Last edited:

.::Stevo::.

International Coach

This is why NSW people shouldn't comment on anything AFL related.

Last edited:

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
I have to say something and I find it disgusting

Flamini an arsenal player spent the last 2 years trying to cement his position in the first 11 and after all that effort he earns his place at the end of this season.

This man is recieving over twice and maybe 3 times the normal pay and over 100,000 POUNDS a year from wage and that doesnt include bonuses, sponsers etc etc

any man would give an arm a leg and maybe more to recieve this but flamini leaves his side, the man (wenger) who gave him trust and the team that made him the player he is today.

Now he is being offered more money by another side......when earning that much I would think that it was enough and stick with what i believe is right...Flamini moves away to join another side for more money

DISGRACEFUL

Flamini has signed a contract with A.C. Milan where he will be earning ?5.6 million per season over a four year period

_42008202_flamini_getty.jpg

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I'm sure there are examples otherwise in the lower leagues - it's a pity the majority of the world don't care. Manchester United have an estimated 5% of the world's population supporting them. Now I'm fairly certain that a fair part of that live outside Manchester. The fact is, soccer is a bandwagon jumping sport. How many people on this forum for example go for a team outside their area? You live in Middlesex but support a London club. Leicester Fox lives in Leicester but goes for a Manchester club.

Now I know some of you may have family who lived there, but a lot of you probably don't. A lot of you probably merely picked the team you liked the best because they were big and good.

I find it terrible that people merely choose the biggest and most popular team. In fact, as a student teacher at our school who is from Darlington once told me, there is no real reason for anyone who doesn't live in England to support an EPL team. They just choose the team, maybe watch them on TV from time to time, and then carry on when they win because they 'go for them' when they have not supported the club in any way. They haven't contributed to the club's financial status by buying a membership or buying a ticket at a home game.

Then there's the billionaires who buy out clubs instead of dedicating their excessive money to something important such as the research of diseases. Can you imagine what medical researchers could do with Roman Abramovich's money? The simple fact is that the money being poured into soccer is ruining the competition and it's stopping players from caring about the clubs they are at. If they are good enough, they'll move up. That simple.

All sports restart after scoring. Same paced is not very likely, AFL doesn't see much stuffing around passing back and forth (unless we are talking about Sydney) waiting for an opening.

Soccer players boot the ball upfield a lot mate. If you watch the full 90 minutes they are always booting it up trying to get through balls.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
You live in Middlesex but support a London club. Leicester Fox lives in Leicester but goes for a Manchester club.
You are an idiot. I live in Leicester, I don't get a choice about it. I come from Manchester, I grew up there, it's not complicated. I support Manchester united. I am not a bandwagon jumper. Please don't use me as an example when you know nothing about me.

You don't really know very much about football so instead of using this article to take a pop at it because it's much bigger than your sport ever will be why not just write about how good the team was instead of how much better than football teams they were.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You live in Middlesex but support a London club.

He supports Arsenal, who are a north London team. Lord's Cricket Ground is in north London and it is the home ground of Middlesex CCC. North London essentially is in Middlesex.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Kewell did this when Manchester United, Arsenal, Juventus, AC Milan offered better wages than liverpool but he went for Liverpool because its the team he followed as a kid.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Now liverpool hate the injured scum :) :p

I like him, but hes not as good as CCCCAAAAHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhilD123

International Coach
Kewell is easily better than Cahill in terms of skill.
:p Oh dear.

Didn't actually see this thread initially, but Beckham was sold from United, he didn't choose to move himself.

And throughout the 18 or so years that Giggs has been with United, I'm sure there have been offers from Milan, Barcelona etc but he's stuck with us, and the chances are they offered megabucks at the time.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
:p Oh dear.

Didn't actually see this thread initially, but Beckham was sold from United, he didn't choose to move himself.

And throughout the 18 or so years that Giggs has been with United, I'm sure there have been offers from Milan, Barcelona etc but he's stuck with us, and the chances are they offered megabucks at the time.

Hes a bit like Jamie Redknapp, keeps getting injured(kewell).

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
You live in Middlesex but support a London club.

Just saw this. Middlesex is in London! You obviously didn't research it so why would you assume it wasn't?

Then there's the billionaires who buy out clubs instead of dedicating their excessive money to something important such as the research of diseases. Can you imagine what medical researchers could do with Roman Abramovich's money?

Pray tell me how you fund a business without money? That's what clubs are - businesses. Not everyone is a philanthropist. Perhaps Abramovich donates millions to Cancer reserach. We don't know that. There's nothing wrong with investing your money into a club that has made themselves big enough to attract investors. The reason the EPL attracts so many external investors is because football is the best sport in the world and some of the best teams play in England.

The simple fact is that the money being poured into soccer is ruining the competition and it's stopping players from caring about the clubs they are at. If they are good enough, they'll move up. That simple.

It's called furthering your career. Sure, it annoys fans when tehir players leave but why would you stay at Brentford when Chelsea want you or slug it out at Derby on 15k a week when you could earn 30k elsewhere. Not everyone is loyal, granted but I can give plenty of examples of players who have spent the majority of their careers at their clubs e.g. Giggs, Scholes, Tony Adams, Bergkamp, Carragher, Gerrard.

Again, the top teams in European football don't play like that and as a supposed Liverpool supporter (I may be wrong) you should know that.

Users who are viewing this thread