Were these features removed ?

scritty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not a bug thread as such - these are things that I was pretty certain were going to be in the game, and either were NERFED or not really usable due to game design.

- User field settings (Staggered that these are missing ! :eek: )

- Accurate player database (2 or three "made up" players in the Worcestershire squad - while others are missing.)

- Proper "Hotlinking" if you go back to a screen (eg when selecting your team) all the filters have reset. Like I said probably not a bug - but given that Champ Man and OOTP have had this right for nearly 10 years I was hoping for more.

- Training - I believe this is more important, and pretty much implicit in the title of the game (Cricket "COACH" - but you can't coach anyone :eek: ) I want to be able to bring out the best in young players etc

Well that's the NERFS or omissions. I also have issues with the following.

1) Unable to start in Windowed mode

2) Same bowler bowls at both ends - from the very first bowling change of the very first game I played - Middlebrook was bowling with Flower - then Flower was bowling with himself at the other end [before you ask , no it wasn't Grant at one end and Andy at the other]

3) Boundaries seem exculsively to be scored right at the fielders feet. Just had Solanki score 288 and watched boundary after boundary go right "through" the fielder - normally fine leg or long off.

At the moment I won't be buying the game - I know Oli has a decent track record in the genre - but no coaching (in a game called Cricket Coach) and no user field placings are killers for me.

Clarker

Timewell

School Cricketer
"- Accurate player database (2 or three "made up" players in the Worcestershire squad - while others are missing.)"

The two or three "made up" players are newgens...but I would like to know who is missing from the Worcestershire squad.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
As i said in another thread this game has more holes than a sieve and clearly needs lots of tweaking and 100's of hours testing to get rid of some rather amateurish mistakes.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
yea, I don't want to be picky now, but it's not what I though it would be be, they have done a good job anyway.

Briggsey

International Coach
Ive just had the game crash on me for the first time as well during a county one game. I clicked ball after bringing a new player on and it crashed and exited to desktop.

What also baffled me was the player contracts, it seems if you leave the contracts to your assistant, he seemingly does nothing and they all get snapped up by other counties which was quite anoying.

Also what about the Kolpak rules, I dont know if they were meant to be in the game or not, but from what I have seen so far, most of the Zimbabwe rebels and some South African players that would qualify under Kolpak are classed as international players.

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
Format the harddsik and reinstall the windows than it will work for sure i guarantee that but actually it is not worth playing now but I m sure the patch will be out in a week or so than the game will be sure promising

scritty

School Cricketer
Muhammad Saad said:
Format the harddsik and reinstall the windows than it will work for sure i guarantee that but actually it is not worth playing now but I m sure the patch will be out in a week or so than the game will be sure promising

That might well be the case - you're right about Kolpak ...Where are they ? (New ones to sign)

Had my first "crash" as well since the first post.

If it is patched ...How will I know if i'm gonna like it ? (My 1 day trial will be well over by then)

I still can't believe the stuff that's just not in the game..I thought (from reading the interview posted in this forum) that this game was supposed to have the best of all the other management games in it.

Well I don't wish to micturate on anyone's fried potatoes -- -- but it is nothing like.

Patch ...Hmm fine (and needed)

Coaching - Field Placing - Realistic Gameplay. These have got to be implemented before I hand over nearly ?25 quid. (a whole pound more than I just paid for Oblivion at Game.Co.Uk)

In another forum I defended the price (almost a full retail price for an A1 release title).

But I can't defend the price now. There are (and I don't want to be unduly mean here)... freeware and old budget (less than ?3.00) games that are a more accurate representation of cricket than this.

If I didn't have a cricket management game - I'd know where my money would go.

Oh well - back to waiting for the next one.. :(

Clarker

Timewell said:
"- Accurate player database (2 or three "made up" players in the Worcestershire squad - while others are missing.)"

The two or three "made up" players are newgens...but I would like to know who is missing from the Worcestershire squad.

Jones / Foster / Giffard / Bracken (FCS :mad: Bracken is one of the overseas players !!)

Foster and Jones in particular are excellent players. All of the above have full first team contracts for 2006 (it's not like Worcestershire has a big squad - 21 contracted players in total - and all this info has been readily available in cricinfo.com for months :( )

Clarker

Timewell

School Cricketer
Bracken has withdrawn from Worcestershire. Zaheer Khan replaces him.

scritty

School Cricketer
Timewell said:
Bracken has withdrawn from Worcestershire. Zaheer Khan replaces him.

Yeah just checked that ;)

News broke 5 days ago (27th March) - So given how up to date that is...... How come Giffard , Foster , and Jones aren't represented. They have been on the list for longer.

Oh well ... I mean I wanted an editor as well. then this wouldn't matter. But that's another feature on my "want" list with a big fat cross against it. :(

Clarker

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
I thought there were meant to be A teams,and a tournament where the best state/provincial sides played in,but I didn't see any of these.Are they in the game?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Like Glenn says, this was never promised. If you read the inerview they did with us, they even say that this will not be in, but may be in future versions.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
yeah there are much more important things than A teams and as for a comp with the best provincial/state teams then well, is there one in real life? best get the basics right before making stuff up

but the field settings is what I'm really concerned about. They seem very limited imo atm.

also, I found that unless I put agression on like full in test matches, i'd go at like 1-2 run rate. on full i'd get 3-4 which is normal these days.

Users who are viewing this thread