Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I hope Akmal and Shafiq come in for Rizwan and Malik. It wouldn't be bad if Aamir was rested as well, to keep him fresh for the 8 Tests we'll play till the start of 2017.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Strike rate is an issue. You can see that with Azhar Ali. His strike rate always denies us a good start in ODIs. How can you even think of bringing back a similar player to Azhar? And a player who, despite being Test captain, disgraced the country that gave him everything, and destroyed a talent like Mohammad Aamir.

There is a difference here. I see a vast difference between Azhar Ali and Khalid Latif. Azhar Ali does have a problem with his strike rate he is not that kind of a player who can make it up with his strike rate later in innings which overall doesnt affect the team's total scorecard. While I see Khalid Latif in a greater different way relative to Azhar Ali. I feel he is far more talented ODI batsman than Azhar Ali at the moment, But yeah Khalid Latif can only come in place of Azhar Ali as an opener.

I agree on Azhar Ali being a Moron ODI captain, Wait.... Are u talking about Misbah here? He destroyed Aamir?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Butt does destroyed Aamir, played influential role I guess in destroying him but Aamir was at fault as well. Regarding Butt comparison with Azhar. I guess butt was a far better batsman before. I am not sure how much he has left. Need to see him against good bowling attack but we need to give him time just like we are giving to Aamir at the moment.

PS: Congratulations Team Green for a clean convincing win over Windies. Another whitewash is on the roll Insha'ALLAH :) I must mention here about Babar Azam. The guy looking extremely talented and a bright future for Pakistan if he can be sent consistently at the same position. Consistency is important

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I must mention here about Babar Azam. The guy looking extremely talented and a bright future for Pakistan if he can be sent consistently at the same position. Consistency is important
Let's hope he doesn't end up like Umar Akmal, although Akmal's downfall was his habit to play too many big shots, even in Tests, and Babar isn't the same type of player.

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Let's hope he doesn't end up like Umar Akmal, although Akmal's downfall was his habit to play too many big shots, even in Tests, and Babar isn't the same type of player.

Yeah agreed, Babar looks a lot more disciplined as well as focused on game. Like he is doing it for cricket not to grab the extra attention unlike some other player.

One universal rule people should be aware of that you can make one disciplined to maximum but you can't change the human nature it has been built to get unchanged.

It is as they say "You can't turn a donkey into horse no matter how much efforts donkey puts in"

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
One thing which Babar lacks is power hitting, which his cousin has.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good to see Sohail playing. Where is Akmal? And why is Rizwan still in the team.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't get the logic of not including Umar Akmal and Asad Shafiq specially for this match. You need to test your bench strength and both players are just too good to not play even a single game. Specially I expected Mickey to give confidence and chances to Umar Akmal, both in T20 and ODIs.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't get the logic of not including Umar Akmal and Asad Shafiq specially for this match. You need to test your bench strength and both players are just too good to not play even a single game. Specially I expected Mickey to give confidence and chances to Umar Akmal, both in T20 and ODIs.
Teaching him discipline, maybe.[DOUBLEPOST=1475670771][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good to see Sohail playing.
Great , indeed.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The decrease in the dot ball percentage is very good for our future . Well done Micky!

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Why does Pakistan always waste a good start?

And for Rizwan, he is extremely unlucky and Umar is better than him.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Rizwan is not a death overs batter. He should bat at 4 if he plays. We need Umar Akmal at 6. Sarfraz is great in the middle overs, but not so much in the last 10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread