Pakistan----- 69
England----- 65
Southafrica - 59
India ------- 45
Westindies-- 37
Bangladesh- 34
Zimbabwe-- 29

Last edited:
I don't think this is the right forum for this thread. Cricket Chat perhaps? BTW, what're those rankings from?

I think Indian ranking in both odi's and test matches is joke here. India certainly is not world no.3 test team and it is also way better in odi then rank 7.

indias rank off 3rd in test is due too the fact that they have being performing better than the teams ranked bellow them and only team before this summers ashes too have challenged thr aussies

ON the other hand INDIA being 7th in ODI'S
IS they having record of having won just 4 out of the 20 odd matches against the teams ranked above them.

england have chance to inch closer too australia if they could win the final test in the ashes

Being true and frank, India right no deserve their No. 7 spot in ODI's with some pathetic displays on the field. They have been a very good test team but in the ODI's, they have failed. Overall, they are a very good team but its the shorter version which has had them down in recent times! I say they're good overall because test cricket is the ultimate cricket and India have been very good in it!

But now India need to buck up and surge ahead of others if they want to make a dash at the World Cup 2007!

Actually, I hate teams being called World Champions just because they win a ODI tournament featuring all teams in the world! ODI's are not what cricket is. Test cricket is what real cricket is! They should have a test world tournament spanning over 2 months and should decide the world champions. Not the ICC test championship thing where the team's test performances are calculated over a period of time and then declared winners.

It should be a full fledged test World champion tournament spanning over two months, hosted by a single country (or by two to three countries!) and then should culminate into semifinals and a grand final (just like how the ODI world cups are played!).

The Indian selectors are dam stupid. Ganguly should go, H singh should be kept out, Balaji should not be thier, and agarkar is a must go. Raina, Kartic, D mongia, Badani and Munaf patel should be in the team. But I dont know why, is it becuase the selectors are too scared to try new things and kepp top players out of the team becuase India keeps losing?, India needs a change.

The thing is India as a good team with lots of expierence and talent but the thing is they have'nt won nothing( FINALS) expect 1 final which was 3 years ago, India needs a change.

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Being true and frank, India right no deserve their No. 7 spot in ODI's with some pathetic displays on the field. They have been a very good test team but in the ODI's, they have failed. Overall, they are a very good team but its the shorter version which has had them down in recent times! I say they're good overall because test cricket is the ultimate cricket and India have been very good in it!

But now India need to buck up and surge ahead of others if they want to make a dash at the World Cup 2007!

Actually, I hate teams being called World Champions just because they win a ODI tournament featuring all teams in the world! ODI's are not what cricket is. Test cricket is what real cricket is! They should have a test world tournament spanning over 2 months and should decide the world champions. Not the ICC test championship thing where the team's test performances are calculated over a period of time and then declared winners.

It should be a full fledged test World champion tournament spanning over two months, hosted by a single country (or by two to three countries!) and then should culminate into semifinals and a grand final (just like how the ODI world cups are played!).

i agree with you there. india have performed poorly in ODI's since india's tour to pakistan in 2004.

india have a great chance to experiment and regain form in their series with zimbabwe.

Indiangod said:
The Indian selectors are dam stupid. Ganguly should go, H singh should be kept out, Balaji should not be thier, and agarkar is a must go. Raina, Kartic, D mongia, Badani and Munaf patel should be in the team. But I dont know why, is it becuase the selectors are too scared to try new things and kepp top players out of the team becuase India keeps losing?, India needs a change.

The thing is India as a good team with lots of expierence and talent but the thing is they have'nt won nothing( FINALS) expect 1 final which was 3 years ago, India needs a change.

One huge positive for India this season is the coming to age of the two sensations on the field - Yuvraj and Kaif! Both have been superbly consistent in their performances! They have scored nearly 300 runs so far combined in both the tournaments played so far and it augurs very well for Indian cricket!

I predict that our ODI form is going undergo a huge change starting from the ODI's in Sri Lanka! We are playing 12 ODI's on the trot in two months against Sri Lanka and South Africa! With Sachin also back in the squad and the Super Sub rules still being in effect, I predict India turning the tables upside down! Zaheer should probably be brought back into the ODI side and Munaf Patel should be blooded immediately in the ODI's (drop Agarkar and RP Singh). Both now will perform well due to the hunger of retaining their place in the side (of course, tough luck for RP singh but we need pace)! Our batting by the end of the Videocon Cup has started rolling with three consistent totals of 250+ (two totals of 270+ in that!). Our bowling barring the final has been above average! One area where we lack severely is the absorbing of pressure and rising to the big occasion!

But thats going to change soon. With a few trophies under our bet (against SL and SA!), we should start rolling in a big way (of course, I dont underestimate Sri Lanka and S Africa)!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread