world cricket rankings (odi) and (test)

HAS TIME COME FOR SOURAV GANGULY TOO RETIRE

• YES

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • NO

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sai ODIs are also important. Sure its not the definitive form of cricket, but some people prefer the shorter version more (I dunno about you guys).

saisrini80 said:
One huge positive for India this season is the coming to age of the two sensations on the field - Yuvraj and Kaif! Both have been superbly consistent in their performances! They have scored nearly 300 runs so far combined in both the tournaments played so far and it augurs very well for Indian cricket!

I predict that our ODI form is going undergo a huge change starting from the ODI's in Sri Lanka! We are playing 12 ODI's on the trot in two months against Sri Lanka and South Africa! With Sachin also back in the squad and the Super Sub rules still being in effect, I predict India turning the tables upside down! Zaheer should probably be brought back into the ODI side and Munaf Patel should be blooded immediately in the ODI's (drop Agarkar and RP Singh). Both now will perform well due to the hunger of retaining their place in the side (of course, tough luck for RP singh but we need pace)! Our batting by the end of the Videocon Cup has started rolling with three consistent totals of 250+ (two totals of 270+ in that!). Our bowling barring the final has been above average! One area where we lack severely is the absorbing of pressure and rising to the big occasion!

But thats going to change soon. With a few trophies under our bet (against SL and SA!), we should start rolling in a big way (of course, I dont underestimate Sri Lanka and S Africa)!!!!!

I hope you're right, I'v been sayin the same thing since 2003 on India starting to win finals, but it never happened. Anyway lets look forward to the future.

UsmanCHADDA said:
Sai ODIs are also important. Sure its not the definitive form of cricket, but some people prefer the shorter version more (I dunno about you guys).

Yes. They're important too and it irks many fans of Indian cricket that the team is not doing well in ODI's. But not too much should be made out of it. I am sure the situation will improve!

Indiangod said:
I hope you're right, I'v been sayin the same thing since 2003 on India starting to win finals, but it never happened. Anyway lets look forward to the future.

At least I am able to foresee it happening!

saisrini80 said:
Yes. They're important too and it irks many fans of Indian cricket that the team is not doing well in ODI's. But not too much should be made out of it. I am sure the situation will improve!
I doubt it will improve. Shorter and shorter versions of cricket are getting more popularity over test cricket, with the exception of the Ashes.

nightprowler10 said:
I doubt it will improve. Shorter and shorter versions of cricket are getting more popularity over test cricket, with the exception of the Ashes.

When i said the situation would improve, I meant that the situation of the Indian team in the ODI's would improve!

Test

Teams Points
England 86
Australia 84
South Africa 80
India 75
Pakistan 72
Srilanka 72
Newzealand 65
West Indies 62
Zimbabwe 31
Bangladesh 29

Odi
Teams Points
England 90
Australia 90
Srilanka 82
Newzealand 75
Pakistan 68
Southafrica 65
India 55
Westindies 50
Bangladesh 22
Zimbabwe 16

Mahesh Babu said:
Test

Teams Points
England 86
Australia 84
South Africa 80
India 75
Pakistan 72
Srilanka 72
Newzealand 65
West Indies 62
Zimbabwe 31
Bangladesh 29

Odi
Teams Points
England 90
Australia 90
Srilanka 82
Newzealand 75
Pakistan 68
Southafrica 65
India 55
Westindies 50
Bangladesh 22
Zimbabwe 16

Lol im english, but even i know were not joint best in the world at ODI (yet!)

JamesyJames3 said:
Lol im english, but even i know were not joint best in the world at ODI (yet!)
Hey we have drawn the ODI series with Australia.Its a big achievement

We drew the ODI tournament with Bangladesh in, but lost to Aus in Natwest Challenge! Get ur facts str8 mahesh!!

Plus sri lanka are definately beta than us at ODI, and NZ probably

If england win australia in the ashes, englands the 3rd country to beat aus in 8 years, home and away.

I Agree With All The Points In Previous Posts
India Has The Potential But They Are Too Scared Of Losing So They Don't Try Out New Talent
India Scared Of Losing Still Loses Its Matches Even With Its Expierencied Players .

We Have An Example To Follow Set By Newzealand When A Side Full Of Inexperienced Players Were Sent To Pakistan Last Year Which Lost The Odi Series 5-0 But The Discovered Tremedous Talent In Their New Comers To International Cricket

I Dis Agree With U Mahesh England Still Have Too Prove Thrie Mental To Stand Tall In The Rankings Both In Odi's And In Test's
As They Are Yet To Play Outside Their Home Against Teams Like Australia , India ,pakistan .

world test ranks for batsman

Attachments

• top ten test batsman.jpg
    top ten test batsman.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Pakistan at 5th in Test Rankings? :rtfl We have just shown you how we couldnt even beat a weak Windies side. Sri Lanka and New Zealand are better than us in tests. And Pakistan deserve to be 4th in the ODIs. They have achieved more than both New Zealand or England in ODIs this year. India deserves atleast 80, because they have been good in test cricket. You need to make some drastic changes mate. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread