MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Sim City is slightly different in that it was always online and had a big server requirement - resulting in people frequently being unable to play it despite having an internet connection because their servers were overloaded. Part of the response to Sim City was also because of EA's PR talking about it being required by the design of the game, and that they couldn't do an offline version, which obviously was a lie.

With DBC14 it's a once off check when you're starting the game - once you get past it, you don't need to be online. I've tried it with my phone tethered to my PC, which works fine. DRM sucks, but not having a PC version at all would be much worse - Big Ant's method is the least obtrusive of any type of online requirement.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Langeveldt You would not have been able to play the latest version if you had pirated it, nor have Academy access.... you would have had the various Rain, Controller, Crash bugs though :)

The requirement for online has been discussed at length.

PS: How did you post here without internet? :)

shmitee

School Cricketer
I'm having the same issue guys, I have a secure internet connection and steam is online but Bradman isn't letting me play! My guess is it's a port forwarding issue. I reinstalled the game and also did an cache integrity check, all to no avail. Anyone got a solution?

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was having problems starting up the game on Monday night but after restarting my laptop I've had no issues.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW has had trouble winning on his online version of the game... ......now where's that video?

akshay3677

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, I am facing the similar issue on my pc... I am running the game on windows 8.1 . It starts fine when I connect my mobile 3g via hotspot but it fails when my pc is connected to a router. Someone please help... :(

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will try to find out which ports are in use, it sounds like a firewall issue with 8.1

Users who are viewing this thread