Your Questions For Codemasters....

vibs89

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
well my questions is

Will this game have online compatiable lik head to head challenge 1 on 1 and tournament in PC XBOX AND PS2.

jdbais

International Cricketer
well, there should be a wait option for the batsman when running between the wickets. For example you can set off for a run then wait to see if the ball has gone past the fielder or if there is a misfield or son on.
The batsman shouldn't back up too far either especially when there is an easy single. Maybe there should a run or jog option between the wickets.

sb14

School Cricketer
I don't think anybody's going to answer all these...

Sami

Club Cricketer
Hopefully they get answered if they do my question is if there will be those huge flags of a particular country like the one in fifa 2003 and all help by fans

espnstar

School Cricketer
sami hope full there will be one.
i have a question what about the award presentation ceremony like if a basment bat well give him soem money that we he could be more confident.

espnstar

School Cricketer
vibs it is your birthday happy birthday dude.... did you invite sachin i mean you shoud

rubbergenius

Club Cricketer
Hi everyone - as Ste said, I'm around to answer these over the next few weeks.

We're currently waiting for a couple of design issues to be finalised on the game (as we're still nine months or so to launch) and once these are completed I'll answer more of your questions.

I'll also try and sort out some Q&As with the producer of the game as long as he's not too busy! But anyway, that's for the future.

Bear with me and while I'll pop on here everyday or so I'll have all your answers as soon as possible - and as soon as Club Football 2005 and LMA Manager 2005 have been shipped!

brad352

Executive member
rubbergenius said:
Hi everyone - as Ste said, I'm around to answer these over the next few weeks.

We're currently waiting for a couple of design issues to be finalised on the game (as we're still nine months or so to launch) and once these are completed I'll answer more of your questions.

I'll also try and sort out some Q&As with the producer of the game as long as he's not too busy! But anyway, that's for the future.

Bear with me and while I'll pop on here everyday or so I'll have all your answers as soon as possible - and as soon as Club Football 2005 and LMA Manager 2005 have been shipped!
Good to hear mate, looking forward to it :drinks

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Some suggestions

I know I am thinking too far away but will codemasters release commentary, tv graphics, updated teams, player averages patches like what some of the members have been doing here? These patches keep the game current and fresh.

I know this is a place to ask questions but I have some suggestions to make the gameplay real and exciting.

1. Improved AI. So many things can be listed here. (good field placements, effective bowling changes, CPU chases the target realistically)
2. 30 yard circle in grounds
3. player motion should be seamless. (No stuttering moonwalks)
4. keeper/fielder bends to collect the ball at stumps only when the ball gets to him and not all the while.
5. more player reactions. (when a wicket falls, or batsmen is beaten, batsmen hits a ton etc...)
6. Drinks interval
7. on field injuries, fielder substitutions, runner for injured batsman
8. captains from both sides for toss before the match
9. presentation ceremony after match (Man of match, series presentation)
10. as in real cricket, when the ball is hit slowly towards mod-off and mid-on, the batsmen should be able to take a run.
11. LBW's should be sensible, no lbw's for balls piching outside the line of the stump (exception only if batsman pads up)
12. hawk-eye view for LBWS
13. Improved spectators (no card board cut-outs please)
14. Pitch detoriating, foot marks... (it would be really great if the ball spins more when bowler pitches on foot marks on 4th day of test match)
15. Allow users to make custom tournaments with variable number of teams (it would be nice if user is allowed to create tours...)
16. Better graphics (PLEASE)
17. Periodic summary of stats in middle of matches. (stats, wagon wheels, manhattan).
18. Ability to save replays.
19. pitch reports should have commentator near the pitch (possibly with a key in his hand to test the hardness of the pitch)
20. Projected scores during ODI's... stats displaying the number of balls taken to score each 50 runs.
21. More bowling actions. (Recommended: Shoaib Akhtar, Murali, Warne, Paul Adams, Pollock, Malinga, Harbhajan) Ability to choose the bowling action type in team management would be good (similar to face type, body type).
22. Commentaries from various commentators and not just two. Ability to choose the commentators before the match. Commentators change after every 10 overs or so. (Of course this will increase the install size but everybody has a 40GB+ HDD anyway... it would be still better if it would be a optional install)
23. variable batsmen running speed. So, if jonty is on one end and Inzi on other then Inzi would take more time to complete the run than Jonty (no offense to Inzi or his fans...)

I know I am asking for too much... but its just that I (and i am sure many more) need a complete cricket game.

Last edited:

the twin

Club Cricketer
rahulk666 said:
22. Commentaries from various commentators and not just two. Ability to choose the commentators before the match. Commentators change after every 10 overs or so. (Of course this will increase the install size but everybody has a 40GB+ HDD anyway... it would be still better if it would be a optional install) QUOTE]

I have a 12.7Gb hard drive- not sure when we will be able to update

rahulk666

International Cricketer
the twin said:
I have a 12.7Gb hard drive- not sure when we will be able to update

twin, if you see i also wrote that this feature can be optional. So, if you do not have the necessary disk space you can skip the extra commentary while installing. most games have such kinda setup. They usually offer "minimal", "typical" and "complete" installs.

Users who are viewing this thread