Truly Disgraceful Behaviour

Highlander999

ICC President
Point 1; Do you not think that the 'high ranking police officer with 20 years valuable experience' could have just made those inflamatory statements to the News of the World for the 20 thousand he probably got paid for it? Or is greed and deceit all of a sudden a none existant human trait in Manchester.

Point 2; News of the World; Sheer Lol's. Nelson Mandela could make a statement for that paper and I still wouldn't believe it. NOTW is one of the most well-known inflamatory red tops, with a reputation for ridiculous twisting of words and huge numbers of 'informants' have later sued the paper for printed falsified quote. The NOTW quite frankly do not care whether what they print it truth or lies, as long as it gets a reaction, selling papers. Which this story quite obviously does. Everyone wants to read a story like this. Rangers fans will read it just so they can call it bollocks at the end and everyone else will either read it out of Rangers rivalry, or interest in a wide ranging violent act - It's the 'car crash syndrome' - If you drive past a car crash, you don't want to look to see if anyone's hurt or even dead because it's morally wrong, but you always do. It's exactly the same with reading about the violence.

Point 3; If the police had been checking these 'forums that football hooligans' then why did they not close them down in accordance with the law, or even use the forums to form the basis of information against this tidal wave of those trying to ruin Rangers reputation. It's seem incredibly ridiculous to me that policemen would view a forum that would be promoting hooliganism and not close it down, despite that being a police stance for the past 5 years.

Point 4; We'll have the Gers tinted glasses off now shall we. The facts have been fulled laid out by this point - Too many people in a city, too many drunk, any kind of reaction could have set them off. Had they not lost this wouldn't have happened. A Russian fan wouldn't have been stabbed if you'd won, and Manchester wouldn't have been trashed. It's fairly obvious that drunk people and any kind of disppointed invariably always leads to some kind of widespread violence or deaths. The people at fault are in Manchester that decided to exploit the flood of Rangers fan for all their cash and kept serving them, when they should have realised the repercussions.

Wow, excellent post :clap

Totally agree :)

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
So you blame the pubs for trying to earn a living? I hardly think you can absolve the Rangers fans from any responsibily by effectively saying, "Well it was bound to happen, their team had just lost and they'd had alot to drink."
Mind you, they were Glaswegians. ;)

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So you blame the pubs for trying to earn a living? I hardly think you can absolve the Rangers fans from any responsibily by effectively saying, "Well it was bound to happen, their team had just lost and they'd had alot to drink."
Mind you, they were Glaswegians. ;)

I blame the pubs for not taking the responsibility that they are bound by law to adhear to which is to not provide alcohol is amounts in which I person a) shouldn't physically consume, and b) which could lead to trouble.

I'm not saying it was all of them, but as a general majority they'd all just had too much to drink, got a bit rowdy and it escalated to a situation where the fans wouldn't back down and the riot police HAD to be involved. Riot police are never going to come off well. If they do nothing they'd have been blamed for letting the City be ruined, and as they did do something they've been called heavy handed and provocative, it's ridiculous. Obviously some fans were there to cause trouble, but you cannot judge them all by that yardstick, the main problem was that they had all had far too much to drink and things got out of hand. We've all seen it before. When you've been drunk at your mates and one guy swings for another over absolutely nothing. It was along those lines, just throw it in the context of a huge football final that many were passionate about then you can see why it all kicked off.

It's not the time to blame people, move on. I just posted to disprove the absolutely ridiculous pro Rangers rubbish that was banded about.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Why don't we blame Global Warming? That's what takes the blame for everything these days.

DAMN YOU GLOBAL WARMING!

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Animator! there are some f-ed up people out there, who are just dumb, and are like that even when they're not drunk, most of the time they are though.

There should be a way for the POLIS to handle it, instead of hitting them real hard.

Animator!

School Cricketer
If God Damn Al Gore Had Been There Manchester Would Be Fine. God Damn You Ice Caps.

Sureshot

Executive member
Point 3; If the police had been checking these 'forums that football hooligans' then why did they not close them down in accordance with the law, or even use the forums to form the basis of information against this tidal wave of those trying to ruin Rangers reputation. It's seem incredibly ridiculous to me that policemen would view a forum that would be promoting hooliganism and not close it down, despite that being a police stance for the past 5 years.

A policeman would have to get a court order to be able to close a forum down. He can't just close it down with a click of the fingers.

PhilD123

International Coach
Yeah, I'm not saying Manchester Council weren't at fault at all, the thought of Rangers fans drinking in pubs all day brought cash signs, instead of showing danger signs. It doesn't surprise me from the council, these are the same people that pay for one team's ground and then doesn't let the other have a bus parade which in comparision would be priced minutely. But what the Rangers fans did deserves to take a lot of the responsibility.

Animator!

School Cricketer
A policeman would have to get a court order to be able to close a forum down. He can't just close it down with a click of the fingers.

Considering it'd be a local council issue, and it would be one of great priority if violence, deaths and the trashing of the city would be at stake, then it's glaringly obvious that it would be able to be timetabled into the local council meetings within the day. Certainly within the following day. They could have it closed down in 2 days. Presumably if they were planning to do such a thing those involved in those forums would have to have planned for something like at least a week ahead.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Let's face it. It doesn't matter what teams are playing, it doesn't matter where they are, it doesn't matter about hooligan websites (hooligans being in the minority), it doesn't matter if a big screen breaks down or not.

If you get a load of British footie fans in one place and its a decent day weather wise and you let them drink all day there is going to be trouble. It's a fact of life. Its a sad fact but its true.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
If you get a load of British footie fans in one place and its a decent day weather wise and you let them drink all day there is going to be trouble. It's a fact of life. Its a sad fact but its true.

Agreed. LotsOfGrog+EnglishSoccer=RIOTS/FIGHTS/TROUBLE. I'm serious.

I would also like to say, us Aussies are all pretty much neutral and 90% of people I asked said that Rangers had a terrible name. Which they do, and the only ones who dont are the majority of their drunk/stupid fans. Rangers have some major problems, and if they dont sort them out. They are only going to get worse. Celtic are much better than Celtic. You can talk all the crap you want but you won't change my opinion

DPRA

International Cricketer
Agreed. LotsOfGrog+EnglishSoccer=RIOTS/FIGHTS/TROUBLE. I'm serious.

I would also like to say, us Aussies are all pretty much neutral and 90% of people I asked said that Rangers had a terrible name. Which they do, and the only ones who dont are the majority of their drunk/stupid fans. Rangers have some major problems, and if they dont sort them out. They are only going to get worse. Celtic are much better than Celtic. You can talk all the crap you want but you won't change my opinion

Should that be Rangers? :rolleyes:

PhilD123

International Coach
Not necessarily true, United fans were allowed to drink all day in La Ramblas last month, there's some fantastic videos on youtube with Paddy Crerand starting Viva Ronaldo and there was no trouble whatsoever. Just great fans having a great time.

United and Chelsea fans showed an example last night, no trouble whatsoever. In fact, during either the first 90 or extra time, United fans were laughing and joking with the Russian soldiers and gave them their United shirts which the Russians put on.

Users who are viewing this thread