Your Cricket Which Style of cricket have you learnt? The Australian or The English

shubhrayu

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've learnt the Australian style of crickwet where you gotta be aggressive.No need to wait for the ball while fielding run on the ball like a panther.While batting try mostly on front foot.Hit a shot completely.Be damn fit. These are some basics of Australian style of Cricket.I don't know the English style.If anyone's learnt it please tell me about it.:)

well i learnt australian style cuz back in India my coach was australian and i miss him he helped me a lot

TBH, I don't think there is an Australian or English way of playing cricket, its all in the mind.

I learnt in the field ALWAYS attack the ball and when batting put pressure on the fielders dont let the fielders and bowlers put pressure on you.

I'm not a very attacking batsmen in terms of 4's and 6's and getting strike rates of 100 but I'm attacking with my running between wickets.

Everyone has their own style of playing, though, i've never ever watched Aussie domestic cricket, i don't know, if there is any difference.

you can't realy say about style as you get different styles of players in different places. Kevin Pietersen is a very agressive and attacking but Mike Hussey is more defensive. players play however they feel most comfortable playing. you wouldn't have Geoffrey Boycott playing and innings like KP because it wasn't his style and wasn't what he was comfortable playing. I am mixed. I am agressive and attacking when i need to be and defensive when needed.

No in Australian style of cricket fielding,batting and bowling are much aggressive.BTW it depends what kinda cricket Pietersen has learnt

shubhrayu added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Aussie cricket is defense with aggression

i have learnt an agressive typw you could say like i love puttin in the short ball ;)

I don't necessarily think there is an Australian technique towards fielding, rather a mindset. They are aggressive and work hard to save runs. In England we need to be more cautious and slower. The only technical difference I can think of is the two different ways of catching.

Indian style. Why do I need to learn foreign style?

You mean Gully Cricket....................

mostly in academies the Cricket style is English

Users who are viewing this thread