How do you English fans feel about the substitute fielders?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
All right this convo is going nowhere. The topic is the role of substitute fielders and not Sachin trolling about Simon Jones faking an injury so Ricky Ponting could get run out.
Stay on topic or the posts will simply be removed.

valvolux

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
stupid arguing that jones faked the injury - at that moment he was the form bowler of the series. he is a good fielder as well (think back to the first test when he was the only one who could hold onto a catch).

my arguement was not so much the fielders that were replacing the guys going off, but the actual players and the timing of them going off. anyway, my conclusion is that it's accepted that it's not in the spirit of the game -the umpires didn't do anything about it, which I think they probably should've, and thus we can't pin a true cheaters tag on the poms.

but i'm hoping that it gets nipped in the bud right away - and I think the england vs india series will make it or break it - otherwise other countries are going to follow suit, and the slow lumbering tired fast bowler in the outfield will be a thing of the past.

Vaughan_Fan

Club Cricketer
valvolux said:
How about not a single player asking Ponting if he was ok when he got smashed in the head by a Harmison beauty, drawing blood? That's pretty **** poor if you ask me.

Firstly, Australians do similar things also, what about when Andy Bichel got Shivnarine Chanderpaul out LBW in the Carribbean and Chanderpaul was down injured and the Australians couldn't give a crap.

infamous1 said:
The Aussies have been clutching at straws because they don't like the fact that they lost to England of all teams!!

Couldn't agree more, that is the main reason that they are going on about all these things. Australia has been "playing against the spirit of the game" for years now. And also its impossible to monitor if the bowlers are legitamately going off for an injury.

sachin said:
we point out that poms are way to cocky for their own good

I live in Australia and that is pretty crap to say that, Glenn McGrath - possibly the most cocky cricketer ever. Matthew Hayden also pretty cocky etc.. etc..

themuel1

International Coach
Basically we (England) gave you a taste of your own medicene and you (Australia) couldn't swallow it.

Chin up lads!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread