IPL Indian Premier League - General Discussion

The Indian Premier League...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Watch a behind the scenes of The Royals documentary on Setanta, it's brilliant. Shane Watsons a right legend, the bloke that was pretty much in charge is a ledge as well. Can see why the Royals won the competition, such a good team spirit!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The team finished off their Bloemfontein training camp in style - beating the Free State Eagles by 46 runs. Chris Gayle and Brendon McCullum opened for the very first time together as Knight Riders and put together a destructive 145 run partnership in 12 overs. Brendon ended up with 76 runs in 37 balls while Chris Gayle got his 76 in 47 balls. Awesome hitting to make sure that the team reached 209.
Source

Carnage.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Deccan Chargers aren't bad; They're drilling the teams they've played. But they're the practice matches lol. For that, i said they aren't bad.

P.S. Were all these Practice matches telecast? I knew Rajasthan Royals Vs Cape Cobras game was to be telecast a few days ago on MAX, But i missed it. And are the new cameras are placed into action?

Sorry, but I've got these two question bugging me. Even though I could get my answers the very next day, but i'm Impatient. :p

King Cricket

International Coach
More sad news, our no 3 batsman Chet Pujara, has twisted his knee and will not be available in any of the matches. *sigh*
Now I will say, KKR is the weakest team in this year's IPL.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
More sad news, our no 3 batsman Chet Pujara, has twisted his knee and will not be available in any of the matches. *sigh*
Now I will say, KKR is the weakest team in this year's IPL.

I should have not worried if we would have got Gayle for the whole tournie but now i am really worried :( Pujara is out for sure and we are not calling anybody as his cover. So, most probably Sunny Singh or Sourav Sarkar will replace him. Sourav is decent, another good thing is Wriddhi will miss 3-4 matches not the entire tournie :) but missing out Chet is really a disaster

WORLD CHAMPIONS added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

I love the title ;)

KKR Finish Their Training in Style

Really........ Pujara got injured and they fisnished in style :p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
IPL Broadcast roundup

Australia: ONE HD
Canada: CBN & ATN Cricket Plus
India: SET Max
New Zealand: SKY Sports
North America: Willow TV/Direct TV/Dish Network
Pakistan: GEO Super
South Africa: SuperSport
Sri Lanka: SET Max
Middle East and North Africa: ART Prime Sport
United Kingdom and Ireland: Setanta Sports
West Indies: SportsMax

stefan

International Coach
Deccan Chargers aren't bad; They're drilling the teams they've played. But they're the practice matches lol. For that, i said they aren't bad.

P.S. Were all these Practice matches telecast? I knew Rajasthan Royals Vs Cape Cobras game was to be telecast a few days ago on MAX, But i missed it. And are the new cameras are placed into action?

Sorry, but I've got these two question bugging me. Even though I could get my answers the very next day, but i'm Impatient. :p

Only rajastan vs cobras was shown live and punjab kings 11 vs warriors was shown as an hour long highlights package on Tuesday here in SA on super sport.

irottev

School Cricketer
Can't wait to see McCullum and Gayle open. Imagine having to bowl to those guys? Just as destructive at both eds. Even if you get 1 out there's still another.

deerkick

Club Cricketer
Can't wait to see McCullum and Gayle open. Imagine having to bowl to those guys? Just as destructive at both eds. Even if you get 1 out there's still another.

Amen. I also wish KKR picked up Ryder. After Gayle left Mccullum and Ryder could have continued the damage.

stefan

International Coach
Anybody heard about the kings 11 leaving R450 000 in a hotel room. Lucky for them a very honest guy found the money, many people would have taken that.

Cash stash found in hotel room
2009-04-16 09:37
Email | Print
Lucky find (File)

Port Elizabeth - A businessman found a stash of R450 000 cash in his Port Elizabeth hotel room - money which turned out to belong to the Indian Premier League team Kings XI Punjab, The Times newspaper reported on Thursday.

WIN IPL TICKETS

Altech Autopage Cellular boss Stephen Blewett said he discovered the money in R100 notes in his hotel room's safe on Tuesday night.

Blewett bundled the money into a laundry bag and took it to reception.

It later emerged that the IPL team had left the money - allowances for food, drinks and other expenses - in that room because they had been using it for meetings.

"It is not common for us to carry that amount of money but we have a lot of costs and the money was not yet distributed to the players," said the team's liaison officer, Arvinder Singh.

It is not clear why the cash remained in the safe after Blewett had booked into the room.

King Cricket

International Coach
Amen. I also wish KKR picked up Ryder. After Gayle left Mccullum and Ryder could have continued the damage.

Don't expect sensible decisions by the KKR officials, as long as Buchanan remains the coach. Ryder could have been a great pick but we needed a bowling allrounder more than a batsman. And whom did we end up with? Mashrafe Mortaza, when Kyle Mills went unsold. Now see our team, 60 percent of the good players are out with injuries, and not a single class fast bowler apart from Sharma. Not bidding for Mills was a huge huge huge mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread