Reserve Players

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A quick summary of the rules that follow:
  • You may replace your player if you can find a news article proving their injury and they will miss the rest of the T20I and/or ODI series
  • The injury replacement rule only applies to the first half of the ODI series so for a 7 match series, injury replacements are covered up to the 4th ODI (deadline would be start of 5th ODI).
  • For a 3 match series, you can only replace an injured player if they were injured before the series started.
  • For a Test match, you can only replace an injured player if they were injured before the Test match started.

Every Fantasy Cricket player should wisely include his reserve players.
? If a batsman gets injured he can be replaced by Reserve Batsman 1.
? If a wicketkeeper gets injured he can be replaced by Reserve Wicket Keeper 1
? If an allrounder gets injured he can be replaced by Reserve All-Rounder 1.
? If a bowler gets injured he can be replaced by Bowler 1.
? If Reserve Batsman 1 gets injured he can be replaced by Reserve Batsman 2.
? If Reserve Bowler 1 gets injured he can be replaced by Reserve Bowler 2.

Rules

1. If a batsman is injured during the series and a news article is shown proving this, he can be replaced by a reserve batsman. If the Fantasy Cricket player wants to replace him with Reserve Batsman 1 he should tell it in the thread. The deadline for posting the replacement for the injured batsman is set when the next match starts, where the replacement plays. If the Fantasy Cricket player hasn?t indicated that he wants his injured player to be replaced with Reserve Batsman 1, the injured player remains in his team. If the injured player has underneath a minimum of -30 points (the maximum of a batsman's duck) he can't be replaced. If he has above -30 points he can be replaced.
    Note: This rule is only in place for the first half of the series (not in place for 3 match ODI series) so if it is a 5 match ODI series then you can only replace a player that get's injured in one of the first 3 ODI matches.

2. When an injured player gets replaced by another player he can?t be taken back. For example in a 5 ODI series: the first injured player gets 150 points in the first 2 ODI?s and his replacement player gets 100 points in the last 3 ODI?s. It?s no use of having the replacement player in that situation. Everybody who has included the replacement player would like to use his injured player again. But this will lead to false competition.

3. If a player gets injured, the first post will be edited and the news article will be posted under the squad listings like this. It?s a simple copy of the first three lines of a cricinfo article and the url link:

Bracken out of Champions Trophy
    Cricinfo staff
    September 24, 2009
    Bracken out of Champions Trophy | Cricket News | ICC Champions Trophy, 2009 | Cricinfo.com

4. If the player is injured during the series and the Fantasy Cricket player has indicated he wants to replace his injured player, underneath the news article the name of the Fantasy Cricket player, which player is injured and by which player he has been replaced will be written. For example, like this:

Aussie1st: Zahid is replaced by Zexy.
  5. For a 3 match series, you can only get a player replaced if he was injured before the series started. If he was injured during the 3 match series, then he will not be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow, Aussie1st. What a great concept. You're surely have spent some time on this concept. :)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I wrote these rules. ;)

Also at point 3 the following addition has been made: 'If the injured player has underneath a minimum of -30 points (the maximum of a batsman's duck) he can't be replaced. If he has above -30 points he can be replaced'.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
8) If a player is not in the starting lineup for the 1st ODI/T20I, you may replace that player with your first reserve. This option is only available until the 2nd match deadline. The same applies for a Test match but the deadline is the start of Day 2.

9) The above are only available when the match length is 3 matches or more.

Added

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
10)When you request for a particular change, the reserve player shall automatically take the place of the existing player.
This means that, if your existing player is your bonus /captain, your reserve shall automatically take the bonus/captain's position.

Added

And number 8 has been updated to now include only ODIs. You will not be able to replace non playing players in Test.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
7. If a player doesn't feature in the starting line-up for the 1st ODI or T20I, he can be replaced with the (first) Reserve player. The deadline to replace him will be set at the start of the 2nd ODI of that series. A non-playing player can only be replaced when the ODI series or Twenty series lasts 3 matches or more. If the replacement player gets injured during the series he can be replaced with a Reserve Batsman or Reserve Bowler. If the replacement player is an allrounder or wicketkeeper he can't be replaced, because the Fantasy Cricket player has already used up the maximum amount of replacing a player in that particular position.

8. If a player doesn't feature in the starting line-up for a Test match, he can be replaced with the (first) Reserve player. The deadline to replace him will be set at the 2nd day of a Test match, after it has started. If the first (or more) day of that match has been rained off and the 11 playing squad hasn't been announced yet, the non-playing player can be replaced till the start of the day after play has commenced. For example: if the match starts at day 3, the non-playing player can be replaced till the start of day 4.

This has been updated again.

Basically you can now replace your non playing players before the start of Day 2.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Guys am not sure if the changes were made as a consensus of FC Members, I don't recall, but I believe that the current format relating to the Reserved Players, gives some guys an unfair advantage!
If an Event is posted, and persons are not aware that a particular player is injured for me it is ok to change that person, or if they get injured during the series. But if one selects his or her XI and a player simply did not make the XI then why have him replaced when he is not injured?? That to me makes FC less of a competition and more of an entertainment.
The question, I should maybe ask is what is the purpose of FC. To me it is the ability for a player to pick an XI that he believes will give him or her top position at the end of an Event, it further demonstrates one knowledge of the game and teams playing, but when we have the choice to pick an XI and then simply because a guy did not play but is instead the 12th man, then that person should not be changed!!!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I am with Rabs on this one. In my opinion only injured players should be replaced. People now know that they can take chances on selecting some players because if they don't play they can be replaced.
There also needs to be solid evidence that the player is injured. In the recent New Zealand vs Bangladesh ODIs some people were asking for Butler to be replaced because he didn't play a domestic match but he ends up playing the next ODI.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Many are asking to replace Albie Morkel for them in India v South Africa ODI Series.

He played the first match but he was dropped for the 2nd match, so are they allowed to replace them?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Many are asking to replace Albie Morkel for them in India v South Africa ODI Series.

He played the first match but he was dropped for the 2nd match, so are they allowed to replace them?

If a player has not feature in first ODI then he can be changed before second ODI. Otherwise not.

Since Albie is not injured he should not be replaced.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I believe that as far as an ODI Series is concerned, we should not allow replacements unless there is an injury to any player.
For Tests, it okay if the player is not a part of any line-up,we can allow replacements there. Not in ODIs :noway

Users who are viewing this thread