1st Match, Group C: Bangalore v Cape Cobras at Bangalore

bangalore have made this look worryingly easy.

(worrying because I really want the other teams to push the IPL franchises but on this showing it just seems like bangalore had too much power and depth)

I'm getting a message psychically from Ross. He says he's very sorry, but it's much easier to slog bad bowling from a domestic team in a T20 than against elite bowlers in ODIs.

Its 42/2 for cape cobras. I think RCB will win

123karan added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

Missing Pakistani Players cause International T20 Cricket is incomplete without our T20 Champions

Same here Iam quite worried about daredevils. no viru,no pakistani players!!:crying

Why Langervelt did not finish his 4 overs is beyond me. He ia easily their best bowler. Without Kalis and Boucher this cobras team has lost quite a bit of bite. Hopefully duminy can play a brilliant innings to pull themselves out of this rot they they have found themselves in. Davids is also a quality player, he could be key.

Saw Challenger match rather than this and will say it was a thriller.

With Duminy out there, they're certainly not out of the running, in fact they're ahead on runs in the over comparison. However, their opponents scored some easy runs in the final 4 overs, so they'll need to put their lead to good use. Of course, if the captain thinks Virat Kohli should bowl when there's real pressure on them, then maybe there are easy runs out there for the Cobras, too.

wow! but he missed out on the record of tons in inaugural matches by 1 run.

whataplaya. I thought it was all over after they'd stumbled with those 2 early wickets.

What a player Dumminy is, seems to have adapted to all 3 formats brilliantly.

When Duminy gets out, I think it's GG.
Hmm, this was a more accurate call than I probably meant it to be.

What a match, it shows how tough some of these matches could be even for the high-paid IPL teams. Both sides will be ruing their fielding and I think it's no coincidence that Duminy was so hard to defeat when Bangalore's attack packed so little venom. Real pace and sharp yorkers could have changed the shape of that game for either side.

Duminy's innings highlighted what I said in the group D thread about the importance of players who can play a monster innings. If you have just one guy who is too good on the day, there's not much work at all left to the rest of the team. The guy who gets 30 and gets out, or even 50 in this case, just ends up playing second fiddle.

Users who are viewing this thread