1st Match, Group C: Bangalore v Cape Cobras at Bangalore

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
That is by far the best innings of 20/20 cricket I've seen Duminy play, it was just brilliant. I've never considered him to be the sort of player to take up the role he did tonight, but he did it with aplomb. If only the Cobras knew how to catch it could've, or should've been quite a bit easier for them. I hope this is a sign for the rest of the tournament that the IPL teams aren't unbeatable with all their superstar power. Well done Cobras and what a brilliant game to get the ball rolling.

irottev

School Cricketer
Why on earth does Ross Taylor have to play so damn well. He was so poor in our Champions Tropy games bar one. UGH!

Seemed like a great knock from Duminy, well paced (except being 1 run short I guess haha) but I bet he's just happy he played a match winning knock. I don't think Langeveldt should be ignored though. He was the only bowler in the whole game to go under 8rpo and he only went at 4s that's a fantastic effort.

edit:

err, he got injured.

Oh, that sucks for them. He seemed like he was bowling well.

Last edited:

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
His style of play is such that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
But,when it does work,somebody will be in deep deep trouble.

ACLT20 actually turned out to be better than what i expected.
Not just Duminy's innings...i enjoyed the entire match.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It was a really good game. Very entertaining! Duminy played a masterful knock, one that was breathtaking most of the time. Felt sad for Bangalore because Kumble and his team tried really hard and were in the game almost all of the time till the end of the penultimate over when they gave Vinay Kumar the ball (thats when I decided this game is over and fallen into Cobras hands). Vinay Kumar was downright pathetic. This guy cant handle even IPL/CL pressure. The run out he missed in the end (an easy one) and the regularity with which he was tonked for 4's and 6's was irritating to see if you supported RCB. And the commentators were talking as if Vinay Kumar could be a hero if he bowled that last over well....:D:doh

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That's more like the JP we have come to know, hes been quiet lately but what a knock. Just a shame he missed out on his 100. Bangalore are missing the out and out quick to threaten teams, Steyn would have done that but they would probably need to drop Boucher to get him in.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
i think playing a bowler with real pace is a lot more important than having a tight spinner like der merwe, especially when you have kumble who's doing extremely well in twenty20s.

death bowlers are worth their weight in gold in this format, not saying steyn is the best available, but at least he has some pace to make himself capable of beating the bat when they're just swinging away.

steyn has actually got really good t20 figures, just that first few games in the IPL where he was rubbish seems to have stuck in everyones mind.

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Suck on that you IPL tossers..

sounds like a superb knock, shows how sides with few big names can actually topple a good side. Shows money isn't everything.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't seen any highlights of this game but I'm guessing the Cobra's bowling was downright pathetic if Ross Taylor was able to score that quickly, have to wonder why he was batting at five though.

Good knock from JP but again the bowling looked fairly weak.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
JP :hpraise

It was funny how other batters of his team struggled but when he came to bat he could score boundaries and sixes at will. Too bad his last shot missed mark by 2 feet otherwise he would have been 103 not out

JP innings > McCullums for sure

irottev

School Cricketer
lol I don't think so. I think opening the innings and carrying your bat plus scoring over 150 is much more impressive.

158 off 73 balls unbeaten. 10 fours, 13 sixes, 213 strike rate. Chance-less innings. Way better.

It is good that another good innings was played though to set the tone for the tournament. It was indeed good, but not the best T20 innings ever.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I have seen both innings live. There is not much difference in both innings maybe just 0.009 points more for JP probably due to pressure of chasing.

Params7

International Cricketer
Suck on that you IPL tossers..

sounds like a superb knock, shows how sides with few big names can actually topple a good side. Shows money isn't everything.

Yup, now you can thank that IPL management for even organizing this event and giving them a much bigger stage to perform :p

And kinda' heartbreaking for Duminy ending at 99, but he was the hero of the night, and he received his applause finally from the Bangalore crowd in the presentation. I hope RCB bounce back in their next match though.

Users who are viewing this thread