Windows 7 - Will it be the best of Microsoft?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Vista + Firefox(4 tabs) = 100% Memory loss :p

Abhas added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

What's Superfetch?

Sounds like you need a new comp!

Superfetch remembers your daily usage of programs and then stores them in memory when you need them. Basically speeds up your usage.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
My Vista is going strong as ever.

Not a fan of Windows 7 look. Just that it works fast. But that can be due to no real software loaded on the computer as well. Will see what happens when I install my software in Windows 7. :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
My Vista is going strong as ever.

Not a fan of Windows 7 look. Just that it works fast. But that can be due to no real software loaded on the computer as well. Will see what happens when I install my software in Windows 7. :p
Trust me, I performed an update to Vista SP2, and which obviously means I have hell loads of stuff loaded, and its still fast as ever.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
With my hatred towards Vista & after Sai's recommendation for Windows 7, I actually did some research & read some articles. The things look good. But still we should spend 6000 Rs for Windows 7? :doh

How did people from India bought this? i.e. updated online or shipped it?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
With my hatred towards Vista & after Sai's recommendation for Windows 7, I actually did some research & read some articles. The things look good. But still we should spend 6000 Rs for Windows 7? :doh

Its a worthwhile investment. Your PC's life could be increased by a few years (which in turn saves you more than that money)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors

Thanks to bosses. :p

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Finally!! Windows 7 arrived today, and I installed it. Had a few problems with it showing incompatible software which need to be uninstalled before I could start the installation.
Had to remove itunes, daemon tools and Windows mobile device center.
It also removed some drivers and other Dell software, and I was getting a bit worried because it removed the wireless LAN driver as well, calling it incompatible.
Installation took a long time, around 2 hours, but once it was finished, it automatically reinstalled everything it had uninstalled earlier. Even the WLAN was installed without even a prompt :)

Now running Win 7.. To be honest, didn't find it too different from Vista, and apart from a few obvious improvements, havn't really come across anything splendid.

Loading times are pretty much the same, but can't really be sure coz I rarely shut my compute down.. once in 10-12 days.

Oh, and it's the 32 bit at the moment.. Will probably buy the 64bit soon, to use the wasted 1 gig Ram.

Overall.. I like it :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The license you got should work for both 32/64 bit. You just need to get your hands on the DVD. :p

Also, when you upgrade you are essentially copying all the problems from your old OS to your new, which is why it is probably comparable to Vista, for you.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well I have managed to push the W7 to limits and unfortunately it is worse than Vista. :facepalm

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Finally I am getting Windows 7 through Microsoft MSDN subscriptions :banana2 Credits to my cousin from DELL for getting me this. :happy

Now, I need to revisit my hard disk for getting 20 GB free space. Is it good to have Windows 7 as dual boot or should I overwrite XP with Windows 7? Any ideas? Thing is, I have lost my Win XP CD. :(

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My vista has been infected today,except Firefox every thing hanged.
Looking forward to use windows 7 now.

Users who are viewing this thread